EA Forums - Banner

where is the patch

Prev1345
So wheres the patch...not because gameplay is bad and unplayable for me cuz its not imo but because i know one is coming and really optimistic as to what the patch will bring

Replies

• B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    edited January 2017
    <insert unoriginal nhl 18 joke here>

A patch wouldnt be too far off from now.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • Only things I can think of thats still broken is vision control and fighting. Not sure what else they could do. Maybe buff goalie interference calls a bit, they seem non existent since the last time they were tweaked.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Ummm what? There is alot to be patched... Many times when player is unresponsive to commands being sent. There have been countless times when I poke and nothing my player just stands there when I release the trigger and pass doesn't go and I proceed to press it down again and oh wait it's too late. There is a lot that needs to be fixed.

Oh let's not forget people manipulating connections while they are in game. If someone's connection is so poor it makes a game unplayable they should be kicked from the game.
    Post edited by h8ttrick on
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Only things I can think of thats still broken is vision control and fighting. Not sure what else they could do. Maybe buff goalie interference calls a bit, they seem non existent since the last time they were tweaked.

Not sure what else they can do? A LOT... Have you not noticed nets no longer come off the moorings... This game is soooo bad it's by far in the lead for games being traded in... I've seen people trade in NHL 17 and literally pay the store just to take it from them cause it sucks so bad... Rammer really needs to step down cause he's doing no justice for this franchise and has been killing it ever since he joined in like 06-07... It's embarrassing when you hear people going back and playing 2K games just to actually play something decent... I even read people saying they've gone back to play Nintendo's Ice Hockey and Blades Of Steel just to play something that has skill... EA has been lacking for like 15 years... they take something away each year only to add something more stupid... They don't even think that they have a glitch goal in the game when THOUSANDS of people say it's still there... They don't even believe that there's ice tilt yet people say there is... According to EA it's not ICE TILT, it's how your bad playing makes it look like that... They need a huge change to save this game cause it's the same every year
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    Ummm what? There is alot to be patched... Many times when player is unresponsive to commands being sent. There have been countless times when I poke and nothing my player just stands there when I release the trigger and pass doesn't go and I proceed to press it down again and oh wait it's too late. There is a lot that needs to be fixed.

Oh let's not forget people manipulating connections while they are in game. If someone's connection is so poor it makes a game unplayable they should be kicked from the game.

I played over 500 games so far, haven't seen any of this. Must be getting lucky. I do have a beast of an internet connection tho, thats probably why.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Only things I can think of thats still broken is vision control and fighting. Not sure what else they could do. Maybe buff goalie interference calls a bit, they seem non existent since the last time they were tweaked.

Not sure what else they can do? A LOT... Have you not noticed nets no longer come off the moorings... This game is soooo bad it's by far in the lead for games being traded in... I've seen people trade in NHL 17 and literally pay the store just to take it from them cause it **** so bad... Rammer really needs to step down cause he's doing no justice for this franchise and has been killing it ever since he joined in like 06-07... It's embarrassing when you hear people going back and playing 2K games just to actually play something decent... I even read people saying they've gone back to play Nintendo's Ice Hockey and Blades Of Steel just to play something that has skill... EA has been lacking for like 15 years... they take something away each year only to add something more stupid... They don't even think that they have a glitch goal in the game when THOUSANDS of people say it's still there... They don't even believe that there's ice tilt yet people say there is... According to EA it's not ICE TILT, it's how your bad playing makes it look like that... They need a huge change to save this game cause it's the same every year

Out of that whole page of text I read the net coming off the moorings, that's it. I'm not saying the game is perfect, it's far from it. What I'm saying as far as tweaking the game with an update, not much can be done to make it any better than it is now.

Vision control and TPS and whatever name you want to give to ice tilt won't be fixed in a simple update. Nothing of worth will, updates are for tweaking tuners and fixing bugs.
  • I hope they put back injuring yourself by missing hits on the board.. that was the best
  • SepiDN
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Out of that whole page of text I read the net coming off the moorings, that's it. I'm not saying the game is perfect, it's far from it. What I'm saying as far as tweaking the game with an update, not much can be done to make it any better than it is now.

Vision control and TPS and whatever name you want to give to ice tilt won't be fixed in a simple update. Nothing of worth will, updates are for tweaking tuners and fixing bugs.

Not sure if you have played any other games that get patches but that isn't even close to the truth. Hell even NHL 15 got mode added on the later updates.

I play EASHL 95% of the time so here's few things they could add with a patch:

Training mode: You can jump in with your club mates and practice some things that are hard to train during actual match.
    Even simplified versions without anything else but bare ice and your players.

Multiple clubs:Allow multiple clubs on 1 account + ability to see current online players of all the clubs you play in AND the players that are currently in the dressing room. This would allow for much easier time to set up games and also would cut the need for 2nd account that many people use.

Slider for goalie movement + improvements to goalies:Sliders so WE can decide how fast we want the precision move to be and improvements to goalies in general (without adding new animations)

Search options:Such as "+-1" "+-2" when searching for games. Just because we have 5 and we want to play against 4,5 or 6 doesn't mean we want to play againts goalie and 1 forward.

Jersey editing:
    When editing jerseys why on earth when picking which spot to color it isn't highlated so we can actually see what we are going to edit before be change the color? Now I have to memorize everthing... D:

These are all 'quality of life' improvements that I bet everyone would welcome to EASHL.
    And the highlight thing really can't be that big of a fix... can it?
  • Gee I don't know let's see what can be patched......

1. Bunny hop glitch for goalies
    2. Goalies frozen and spazzing out
    3. Pucks going underneath goalie pads
    4. Boarding needs to be called online
    5. AI letting players just walk right in
    6. Can hold backhand, walk in untouched
    7. Tips are still out of control
    8. New uniforms updated
    9. More unlockables for EASHL
    10. Aggressiveness is way too high, players should not go flying. Just bump off puck, harder to lay someone out

In no order.
  • Thats cute a new patch hahahaha... I'm still waiting on NHL to update NHL LIVE MOMENTS from NHL16... A game mode that was said to be played more than GM CONNECTED
  • Gee I don't know let's see what can be patched......

1. Bunny hop glitch for goalies
    2. Goalies frozen and spazzing out
    3. Pucks going underneath goalie pads
    4. Boarding needs to be called online
    5. AI letting players just walk right in
    6. Can hold backhand, walk in untouched
    7. Tips are still out of control
    8. New uniforms updated
    9. More unlockables for EASHL
    10. Aggressiveness is way too high, players should not go flying. Just bump off puck, harder to lay someone out

In no order.

number 10 i disagree I think its harder to lay someone out because of 2 things either they are figure skaters and deke around you with ease or they will turn their stick to the left or right and your player will bounce off of them so hitting and skating engine needs an overhaul
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Thats cute a new patch hahahaha... I'm still waiting on NHL to update NHL LIVE MOMENTS from NHL16... A game mode that was said to be played more than GM CONNECTED

Well.. to be fair... NHL Moments was much more intuitive, accessible and less of a time commitment than GM Connected was. So, it's no surprise it was played more.

i'm sorry you can't defend this one.. its digusting to put in a game mode and not have one single download all year for it
  • Good question. I wondered where the patch was on release day. Then it came and another one hit in November, and I'm still wondering where is the patch.
    There will be no patch for this garbage
    And that's the only honest answer
    We're just expected to adapt or get used to it
    If you have guaranteed sales because of the NHL logo, why waste time and money producing a good product when it'll just sell anyway?
    We've seen what this dev team is capable of, I don't know why I concern myself about an update. What would it prove? What would they do, nerf stuff down and remove stick lift again?!
    At this point I'm thinking it's only 8 months to release of the next ripoff unfinished garbage waste of time, and the devs are probably busy copying pasting and removing features.
    After all of that, I am still stupid and foolish enough to check for an update every day. Smh
  • Well NHL 18 has no choice but has to move to the new engine Frost bite this year because ps4 pro is out and the new Xbox will be out at Christmas so they have to use the new engine or NHL will be slammed by reviewers
    Well NHL 18 has no choice but has to move to the new engine Frost bite this year because ps4 pro is out and the new Xbox will be out at Christmas so they have to use the new engine or NHL will be slammed by reviewers

Not true at all.

Will see
    Well NHL 18 has no choice but has to move to the new engine Frost bite this year because ps4 pro is out and the new Xbox will be out at Christmas so they have to use the new engine or NHL will be slammed by reviewers

Not true at all.

Will see

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! This made me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a simple copy and paste from the year before... they've been doing it for years!!!!!!! All they have to do is tweak minor things to bring it up to the new engine...

Not true at all.

Will see

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! This made me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a simple copy and paste from the year before... they've been doing it for years!!!!!!! All they have to do is tweak minor things to bring it up to the new engine...

And wa-la, presto, alacazam....built from the ground up. We just decided to keep all those old bugs and glitches for nastalgic purposes!
  • Not gonna argue if it's gonna be the same old game but they kinda have to switch the engine so that Sony and Xbox can sell more of the pro systems by Christmas