EA Forums - Banner

where is the patch

Replies

• Not gonna argue if it's gonna be the same old game but they kinda have to switch the engine so that Sony and Xbox can sell more of the pro systems by Christmas
    They skipped xbox1/PS4 for NHL 14 so they could do the same again.
  • GM Connected was barely played because it barely worked. Didn't GMC have like 5-minute loading screens?
  • Not gonna argue if it's gonna be the same old game but they kinda have to switch the engine so that Sony and Xbox can sell more of the pro systems by Christmas

I don't think Sony and Xbox can force EA to switch engines just so they "can sell more of the pro systems by Christmas".

your not looking into the bigger picture people are starting to jump on the pro sytems hype so if EA doesnt do anything to spice up their engine and make it look very sharp than noone will really wanna buy this game on day one
  • GM Connected was barely played because it barely worked. Didn't GMC have like 5-minute loading screens?

well we got NHL LIVE MOMENTS with 0 downloads so which one was better now?

I don't think Sony and Xbox can force EA to switch engines just so they "can sell more of the pro systems by Christmas".

your not looking into the bigger picture people are starting to jump on the pro sytems hype so if EA doesnt do anything to spice up their engine and make it look very sharp than noone will really wanna buy this game on day one

What a stupid response.

What a stupid response.

ya your contributions around here are great ones right?

What a stupid response.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

What a stupid response.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

ya your boring everyone so you should move along
  • yeah but whens the patch coming out for NHL 17 tho
  • can someone at least give us a timeline or ETA
  • Don't know if patches for each game are close in date.But NHL 16 didn't get a patch until February.They only added Winter Classic and other outdoor jerseys with a small online patch.I would love some new equipment to be added to the next patch but doubt it'll happen :(
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    dregzo84 wrote: »
    can someone at least give us a timeline or ETA

I don't think we can comment on specific timelines, but I can assure you it's coming soon.

I just hope there's a list ready to be posted up immediately when it drops and not a day or two later. I have a feeling though that a lot of people are going to be disappointed with what the Devs may have been able to "fix"... I don't know what the patch will do. It's just a feeling. Call it a premonition if you will... :/
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    SepiDN wrote: »
    Search options:Such as "+-1" "+-2" when searching for games. Just because we have 5 and we want to play against 4,5 or 6 doesn't mean we want to play againts goalie and 1 forward.

This is something I would like to see as well. Maybe a 3rd setting:
    Exact - same #
    Strict - +/- 1
    Relaxed
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Im sure all the new patch will do is make it so a human goalie makes a save your goalie will start twitching and give the other team an open net just like the last patch killed the right stick shooting for human goalies
  • Does any other offline guys notice an issue with game play speed? Sometimes it's fast and fun. Sometimes it's very slow which makes it boring. It's totally random. It's almost as it the game speed slider randomly changes. Some sort of glitch.

Please let me know if anyone else experiences this.

Cheers
  • Well NHL 18 has no choice but has to move to the new engine Frost bite this year because ps4 pro is out and the new Xbox will be out at Christmas so they have to use the new engine or NHL will be slammed by reviewers

So the potential ire of reviewers is going to dictate the game engine conversion development cycle? OooooK.

Realistically I wouldn't expect in 18, Madden is getting it in 18, so maybe 19 is more realistic. I am not sure tho why PvZ GW has it... I cant imagine that Dev team is all that large. Maybe the sheer number of animations in NHL makes it a huge project?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.