EA Forums - Banner

where is the patch

Replies

• KoryDub wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    dregzo84 wrote: »
    can someone at least give us a timeline or ETA

I don't think we can comment on specific timelines, but I can assure you it's coming soon.

I just hope there's a list ready to be posted up immediately when it drops and not a day or two later. I have a feeling though that a lot of people are going to be disappointed with what the Devs may have been able to "fix"... I don't know what the patch will do. It's just a feeling. Call it a premonition if you will... :/

You know how this story goes...

Patch comes out - some people love it, some hate it. Can't please everyone.

Would love to see patch notes on release day though.

No, I'm not talking about that. It pretty much goes without saying that you "can't please everybody"... But I'm saying that I believe there will be a number of things that people are expecting to be fixed that won't be.

For myself, I think that the goalie's pads floating above the ice, cross-grain shots and the puck holder's lateral acceleration will NOT be fixed. Not because EA don't want to fix it, but because I think it just CAN'T be fixed without breaking the game further. Maybe if they had more time and more resources...
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »

I don't think we can comment on specific timelines, but I can assure you it's coming soon.

I just hope there's a list ready to be posted up immediately when it drops and not a day or two later. I have a feeling though that a lot of people are going to be disappointed with what the Devs may have been able to "fix"... I don't know what the patch will do. It's just a feeling. Call it a premonition if you will... :/
    On PS4 the update always showed the patch notes when you download the update. Why don't they do this on x1?
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »

On PS4 the update always showed the patch notes when you download the update. Why don't they do this on x1?

Perhaps Microsoft doesn't force the developer to provide/include the patch notes with their download like Sony does? Game/Devs usually have their own site where these things are usually detailed and where, i'm sure, they'd want to see traffic generated by users going to see the info.

I mean... If both MS and Sony provided patch info along with their downloads, what would be the purpose of this forum?
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator

Perhaps Microsoft doesn't force the developer to provide/include the patch notes with their download like Sony does? Game/Devs usually have their own site where these things are usually detailed and where, i'm sure, they'd want to see traffic generated by users going to see the info.

I mean... If both MS and Sony provided patch info along with their downloads, what would be the purpose of this forum?

To complain.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • I hope the patch comes out soon, would love to see what improvements are made to the game. Ideally some improvements to stability and functions to Franchise mode is included (perhaps a few new cities to relocate to), it would take away from frustration that I have with the mode, the part that really sucks is having to spend 30-45 minutes dinking around with the fighting tendencies before the season.

I think next year goalies need to be the main priority for the team, the human goalies on this game sometimes can't even stop a beach ball shot their way, it's frustrating at points.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »

To complain.

• Pucks going through the goalies pads needs fixed.. no fighting past season one in franchise.. in fact, the goalies in general need major fixing.. they go down in the butterfly way too early most of the time.
  • Any word on when the patch is coming? I think we're all waiting to see what's in it. The game is pretty solid fix some of the real head scratchers and I think the game will be enough to tide over to '18 in September. I imagine that game will be more of what we've been hoping for with (assuming here only, I have no info to go on) the merger to the Frostbite Engine.
  • I seen some of the young Nashville Predators guys got a look at NHL 18... let's just say this boys... I think we're in for more disappointment LOL cause they did not look impressed
  • safe_image.php?d=AQAozX6jWq0L_8tZ&w=343&h=394&url=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent.cdninstagram.com%2Ft51.2885-15%2Fe35%2F15803613_150011835494812_7365809556191969280_n.jpg%3Fig_cache_key%3DMTQyOTQ1MTQ4NjcxMDc2MDkwMw%253D%253D.2&_nc_hash=AQChTLor6OhG85se

"Giving Filip Forsberg, Viktor Arvidsson and Mattias Ekholm of the @predsnhl a little sneak peak…"

I heard Forsberg right after this contacted his lawyer to have his likeness opt to be out of 18 because he was so embarrassed and disappointed with the first looks
  • game overall is very poor, thats why the community is shrinking. I, for one, am cashing out.
  • patch is tomorrow notes up top.
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »
    safe_image.php?d=AQAozX6jWq0L_8tZ&w=343&h=394&url=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent.cdninstagram.com%2Ft51.2885-15%2Fe35%2F15803613_150011835494812_7365809556191969280_n.jpg%3Fig_cache_key%3DMTQyOTQ1MTQ4NjcxMDc2MDkwMw%253D%253D.2&_nc_hash=AQChTLor6OhG85se

"Giving Filip Forsberg, Viktor Arvidsson and Mattias Ekholm of the @predsnhl a little sneak peak…"

I heard Forsberg right after this contacted his lawyer to have his likeness opt to be out of 18 because he was so embarrassed and disappointed with the first looks

Rammer looks like he's just doing his hardest to convince them how good the game is. Nobody is buying

He actually looks like he is playing air guitar lol.
  • Anybody know what time the patch is actually implemented tomorrow?
  • No new goalie pads added :(
  • Can anyone confirm if another patch is coming
  • No new goalie pads added :(

#speechless
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.