EA Forums - Banner

Devs! fighting! can I get an answer please?

Will fighting be fixed in nhl 17? The block hasn't worked since day 1

Replies

• Ya it does you can't hold it down this year you.can only tap it to dodge can't hold it
  • Dodge works, block doesn't.
  • Don't believe there is a block this year
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Ugh... I know... thats what this post is about. The block not working. There used to be a little strategy and skill to fighting, now its just mash up on the RS until someone wins, fighting has lost all of its appeal this year. I'm sure blocking not being in the fighting engine isn't intentional.
  • Ea had it so you couldn't hold dodge ... Then of course they changed it back , don't know why, another stupid decision by ea that supports playing like a chump.
  • wait... run this back for me:

what works now and what doesn't and when did it change lol
  • You can't hold L2 to block, only tap L2 to dodge right before a punch; so as lag varies so too does the timing for dodges, which makes them useless.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    You can't hold L2 to block, only tap L2 to dodge right before a punch; so as lag varies so too does the timing for dodges, which makes them useless.

OK so I should stop trying to get them into half guard, move to top mount and attempt the ground and pound?
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    You can't hold L2 to block, only tap L2 to dodge right before a punch; so as lag varies so too does the timing for dodges, which makes them useless.

OK so I should stop trying to get them into half guard, move to top mount and attempt the ground and pound?

giphy.gif

Would you recommend superman punch followed by take down into arm-bar?
    KoryDub wrote: »

giphy.gif

Quite honestly, a strong skater could totally utilize a superman punch in a hockey fight. I'd love to see that!

Edit: And I found one

[yt]

Dangit now so do I. Holy God the laughs.

giphy.gif

Quite honestly, a strong skater could totally utilize a superman punch in a hockey fight. I'd love to see that!

Just do it like they do in the pros.... (wrestling). Distract the ref, hit them with your 1980's "cell phone" that was actually a Radio Shack wireless home tele, roll em up, grab the tights and get the 1 2 3.

giphy.gif

[yt]

Dangit now so do I. Holy God the laughs.

Should've given us a 95 Bieksa instead of Richards

giphy.gif

[yt]

LOL! Priceless.
  • I go with the PJ Stock vs Stephen Peat style of fighting in this game.

• what a scrap that was!!! dont see those anymore these days but yet look at the crowd going insane for that fight
  • scottiesk wrote: »
    what a scrap that was!!! dont see those anymore these days but yet look at the crowd going insane for that fight

straight up brawl.
  • You know what I'd love to see them fix? Forced fighting after a check. For that matter get rid of the ability to initiate a fight during the game. Again that's just a couple of many things they have let continue year after year

Obviously talking about eashl.
  • deadman9999
    877 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I would love to bring back game misconducts in EASHL and Dropins say after you serve a 5 minute major you get another one you get a game misconduct