EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

For next year

Prev1
Puckn_Right
182 posts Member
edited January 2017
Assuming you keep synergies (I hope you do) is there any way we could see on the card/in the lineup what the players stats are with the synergy active? For instance a card has WW on instead of the normal white 92 on the card we actually we a green 95 when active. It would be cool if the front of the card showed the "new" overall as well.

Replies

• I posted this exact same thread when the BETA was released hoping they would add it in the actual game...

I ended up being disappointed...
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    I posted this exact same thread when the BETA was released hoping they would add it in the actual game...

I ended up being disappointed...

yeah i think it would produce a really cool additional layer and add to creativity/diversity of rosters
  • agreed. the EA Conspiracy theorists would say synergies are **** and that's why they don't update the stats for you
    agreed. the EA Conspiracy theorists would say synergies are ****. and that's why they don't update the stats for you

i cant say i notice a huge difference really but idk if im ready to put a tin foil hat on.
  • all I know is I have been playing with a handful of players for a while, so I know them really well. I am adding TW this week so I am curious to see if I notice a difference..

** I added SB 2 weeks ago and noticed a HUGE difference, I block literally like 10-15 shots a game
    all I know is I have been playing with a handful of players for a while, so I know them really well. I am adding TW this week so I am curious to see if I notice a difference..

** I added SB 2 weeks ago and noticed a HUGE difference, I block literally like 10-15 shots a game

thats exciting i just added SB (weber back in bough redden for 3RW) last night and havent played with them yet.
  • I can't see myself buying an NHL again. It's been a long run but now the frustration often exceeds the pleasure (even when winning!), and I just don't have the time to grind out HUT anymore.
  • I can't see myself buying an NHL again. It's been a long run but now the frustration often exceeds the pleasure (even when winning!), and I just don't have the time to grind out HUT anymore.

yeah i def understand that, getting really close myself.

i don't understand. whats to be frustrated about? its a video game..

you play it in your free time for fun
  • Puckn_Right
    182 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    I can't see myself buying an NHL again. It's been a long run but now the frustration often exceeds the pleasure (even when winning!), and I just don't have the time to grind out HUT anymore.

i don't understand. whats to be frustrated about? its a video game..

you play it in your free time for fun

for me personally i am a pretty competitive person. i enjoy/expect games to be input=out put. some of the randomness in NHL takes the fun out of it. 1T in the slot wide open, broken stick. Guy coming back for the puck, skates right over it. i get the NHL is random and luck happens and they are trying to emulate that but i also think thats what kills the competitive aspect of this game. as someone who play esport games (at a low level) thats something i enjoy and miss with nhl 1=/=1 sometimes it equals 3.
  • agree to disagree. that randomness is what makes it more realistic (not talking about glitches and exploits)

even OVI in real life will miss the net when its wide open, it happens
    agree to disagree. that randomness is what makes it more realistic (not talking about glitches and exploits)

no i think it is very realistic in that regards. i guess that didn't come through clearly. i just mean from a purely competitive standpoint that takes the fun out for me. for leisure its great but for competitiveness not so much. thats why itll never be a serious esport or have a legimate competitive outlet thats my only point. doing everything right and losing on chance is not satisfying.
    agree to disagree. that randomness is what makes it more realistic (not talking about glitches and exploits)

Ok, but why does my ovie miss the net while his Kessel snipes from the blue line ?
  • I added SB too last week. I like it
  • verrette99 wrote: »
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »

Ok, but why does my ovie miss the net while his Kessel snipes from the blue line ?

Ovi doesn't score on 100% of his shots. Some do miss
  • May I suggest HutDB ? It does show you upgraded ratings
  • I noticed the one day it did that. But I agree. It would be a cool feature to show that. Like how boosted players would show
    all I know is I have been playing with a handful of players for a while, so I know them really well. I am adding TW this week so I am curious to see if I notice a difference..

I havent used TW AS mutch this year because i felt like i didnt Make any difference. But i have it on now and when the connection is flawless, man they Can fly like A rocket on new years eve. But the connection in Player to Player is A joke because 50% of all the players you meet are doing the torrent etc etc
    Og'sån'er'det!
  • For Mov cards, i'd like to see the synergy points incrase at certain levels. most of the movember have 3 synergies, couple guys have 2 or crosby 4... i think once a player his ie.) 92 or 94, if he has 1 for TW, give him 2 once he gets to a certain rank.

id still like to see captain and assistants, even if there werent any performance increases. just a small detail.
  • Yeah losing captains was disappointing. And a boost to the mov synergies would be nice. But Burns by now would have them all!