EA Forums - Banner

Best move on Breakaway

I cannot score on Breakaways, all my opponents can do :neutral:

What is your suggestion about the best moves/dekes on breakaways. How can i improve my
scoring on 1 vs Goalie ?

Replies

• Do a quick forehand and then backhand when you get close. The goalies have trouble with backhands.
  • usaalltheway1
    129 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Don't predetermine your move bro. No need to get tense when you're on a breakaway, trust me all the pressure is on the goalie as its very difficult to make stops on breakaways.

Stay composed, don't try and deke out the world. Most goalies will sit back deep in net and force you to make the first move , good news is that it allows you to get as close as possible to the net so a simple top shelf snipe on forehand or backhand will work with any build .

Why? Since when you declare your move , it's already too late , goalie too deep and giving you either side of the net. As long as you don't shoot middle (aka right at him ) or take your shot too early (which you shouldn't any way and that's what he wants you to do) you're golden .

• just get Tropical.
  • For lefties on right handed goalies (PS4 controls) pull the right stick down and to the left, press L1 and release the stick which will put it through your legs and immediately go to the back hand and shoot. It works best when you start it right at the face off circle coming from the stick side/ his right to the glove side. Now do the opposite for righties against lefties. Now when it comes to same handedness ie lefty vs lefty right vs right I always find glove side to be easiest and because most goalies are righties I'll use right vs right. If you have a killer wrister or snapper then I just recommend coming stick side to glove side pull the stick to the right (left for lefty vs lefty) and just slightly back not like a slap shot and just snipe only the glove side. Now if you prefer deking then you could try a forehand stride deke or a forehand glide or even forehand backhand forehand. I personally also like to incorporate a fake shot /pass by clicking the right stick. Do this before the dekes.
  • Just toe drag it. Works pretty much every time.
  • Just toe drag it. Works pretty much every time.

This is also true
  • I cannot score on Breakaways, all my opponents can do :neutral:

What is your suggestion about the best moves/dekes on breakaways. How can i improve my
    scoring on 1 vs Goalie ?

Spend 10 minutes practicing dekes 1vs1 with an AI goalie. Humans are easier to beat as well so if you beat the AI, shouldn't have problems against humans.
  • Thanks for your hints, i will give them a try and train on my skills :)