EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Devs can you just admit it please

Replies

  • RSall14
    547 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    flyextacy wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    EA denies it, forums say it exists.

    It's an endless circle.

    We should maybe focus all of our efforts in to finding what goes on at Area 51 instead.

    Right, because ea is going to admit that it handicaps good players so that casual fans can still compete. Whether ea wants to admit it or not they cater to a casual fan base. If casual players cant compete they stop playing. If they stop playing less games/packs are purchased. You're looking at the wrong circle.

    There is definitely something funky going on. There are way too many factors and examples to list. It was never this bad before in previous years.

    I remember when I started playing EASHL a few years ago and I **** and was on so many teams that got whooped. Now that I'm better than the average player and play with a lot of good players (and we've been playing together for a couple years) we somehow have too many close games and even lose against scrubs in random drop ins. Even today, we played against similar skill level players and the game played great with no funny **** what so ever. Next game we drop into a game with some randoms and joked that knowing "EA" we were going to lose. What happened? We lost. Coincidence? No fvcking way!

    I have tons of friends that have been playing this game for years and at least 25 or so of us have Gold P3/50 badges. We should be winning at least 80-90% of our games against random individual players. Yet, coincidently if I drop in individually my win ratio is higher than it is compared to when playing with friends. I've heard several friends say the same. That simply shouldn't happen.

    I also notice this playing goalie between both my accounts. My win ratio is much higher and less **** goals get by me with my second account compared to my P3/50 account. Why such a huge difference when they should be very similar?

    Take out all the "momentum/luck" **** and make the game again about skill vs skill would be a good start.



    Back then people never complained about bounces, puck pickups, or auto animations etc. It was mostly about glitch goals.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Ryujinsum wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Ice Tilt does not exist.

    If this behaviour is as common as you claim, can you post some captures of a game where your players have these acceleration issues?

    Also, what difficulty are you at? Have you adjust any slider settings, and if so - can you post them?

    What do you make of the code that people uncovered this year in FIFA, which pretty clearly seems to show the game increases difficulty for the user when he dominates possession, shots, and/or goals? FIFA devs have always denied there was "grass tilt" in the game also, but that's exactly what the adaptive difficulty code seems to represent. Or do you have a different explanation?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kgnfi/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/

    Do you actually believe that you can acquire the entire raw code for FIFA like this by simply opening the main EXE that runs the game in Notepad++?

    Can you imagine the tactful advantages that could be abused if it were really this easy to decompile the source code of one of the biggest sports franchises, or any game for that matter?

    Actually decompiling the code, if it was written in C#, would yield minimal results - not to mention comments would be stripped.

    I don't know for sure, but I believe EA Sports' engines run in C++ - which is such hard thing to decompile. Even then, the user would need to know EXACTLY what to be looking for and again - comments (which are shown in the "evidence") would be axed during decompiling.

    When the game is compiled, the structure of the instructions is mangled - for lack of a better term. The specific instructions referring to "momentum" could be 200,000 lines away from each other, but this user has managed to uncover "code" for the exact narrative he's trying to push within the same line?

    This is an absolute fabrication.

    There you go again stating something as fact with NO PROOF.

    The proof is how laughable it is to think developers of a AAA sports title would put a momentum code in the game and:

    A ) structure it in such a way that it could be decompiled in notepad..

    B ) not even attempt to hide it, in the case it was decompiled. Blatantly calling it "momentum" when it's something so obviously blasphemous to the entire demographic would be a oversight to say the least.

    Why do you think all those comments existed then? Why would they go through the effort of typing up all these formula's that explain perfectly a lot of what everyone was complaining about? Doesn't that seem a little more than coincidental?
  • There is either behind-the-scenes momentum going on or the game is programmed so inconsistently that it just feels shady. I personally think it's the latter, that the game is just so inconsistent from every aspect that it creates a ridiculous environment where people get lucky and unlucky a lot.

    I have no doubt, though, that EA wants to keep the games close. I think this whole engine since we moved to PS4/XB1 has been all about it. They won't ever admit it for obvious reasons, and we will likely never have substantial, visual evidence of it. Yet, you can feel it in their games. Even top players who barely lose also confirm they believe something is going on.

    Things in the game like you not being able to player switch for several seconds at random moments will 100% decide games because they take the controller out of your hands. Things like that have to be fixed asap in order for this game to go back to being more skill-based.

    Or when you're circling the puck but can't pick it up because it's waiting for your opponent to swoop in and grab it. Or when a guy plows through pokechecks and body checks then takes it to the house. Or when your AI just decides to start skating AWAY FROM THE PUCK CARRIER as he crosses the blue line. All these things lead to unnecessary goals against.

    I win most my games, this isn't just the rant of some guy who can't win. It feels like the engine is fighting your controller. It's frustrating and it's been getting gradually worse year after year. And that all leads me to believe it's intentionally in the series for a reason.
  • eric57664
    240 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    There is either behind-the-scenes momentum going on or the game is programmed so inconsistently that it just feels shady. I personally think it's the latter, that the game is just so inconsistent from every aspect that it creates a ridiculous environment where people get lucky and unlucky a lot.

    I have no doubt, though, that EA wants to keep the games close. I think this whole engine since we moved to PS4/XB1 has been all about it. They won't ever admit it for obvious reasons, and we will likely never have substantial, visual evidence of it. Yet, you can feel it in their games. Even top players who barely lose also confirm they believe something is going on.

    Things in the game like you not being able to player switch for several seconds at random moments will 100% decide games because they take the controller out of your hands. Things like that have to be fixed asap in order for this game to go back to being more skill-based.

    Or when you're circling the puck but can't pick it up because it's waiting for your opponent to swoop in and grab it. Or when a guy plows through pokechecks and body checks then takes it to the house. Or when your AI just decides to start skating AWAY FROM THE PUCK CARRIER as he crosses the blue line. All these things lead to unnecessary goals against.

    I win most my games, this isn't just the rant of some guy who can't win. It feels like the engine is fighting your controller. It's frustrating and it's been getting gradually worse year after year. And that all leads me to believe it's intentionally in the series for a reason.

    It's because you're playing a physics based game (to a certain extent). The skating and the puck by themselves change how the game plays and with it's physics, it does make things unpredictable. It's not "programmed" randomness, it's NATURAL randomness. things happen based on physics. Before that game was so basic, a monkey could predict what would happen. But the game evolved into a more sophisticated style that the complainers just can't grasp it.

    It's just hilarious how all the complainers want skill to be brought back in the game, but then when ea makes things tougher, they can't handle it. Total contradiction.
  • In franchise mode if you go on long winning streaks your team will randomly start skating really slow and wont be able to accelerate at all. On top of that they will have trouble just getting a handle on the puck and will just be hampered in every possible way

    I know this because every time I go on a 10-15+ winning streak there will be a random game where this happens and my players just can't accelerate at all. Then the next game they go back to normal

    Just admit its in this game thats all I want.

    You: just admit it's in the game thats all I want.
    Devs: ok fine. We admit it. This is the way we want our game. If you want to play it, great. If not, sorry you don't enjoy it. Maybe you'll miss it and come back in the future and if that happens, we'll accept you with open arms.

    Feel better now?
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Ice Tilt does not exist.

    If this behaviour is as common as you claim, can you post some captures of a game where your players have these acceleration issues?

    Also, what difficulty are you at? Have you adjust any slider settings, and if so - can you post them?

    What do you make of the code that people uncovered this year in FIFA, which pretty clearly seems to show the game increases difficulty for the user when he dominates possession, shots, and/or goals? FIFA devs have always denied there was "grass tilt" in the game also, but that's exactly what the adaptive difficulty code seems to represent. Or do you have a different explanation?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kgnfi/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/

    Do you actually believe that you can acquire the entire raw code for FIFA like this by simply opening the main EXE that runs the game in Notepad++?

    Can you imagine the tactful advantages that could be abused if it were really this easy to decompile the source code of one of the biggest sports franchises, or any game for that matter?

    Actually decompiling the code, if it was written in C#, would yield minimal results - not to mention comments would be stripped.

    I don't know for sure, but I believe EA Sports' engines run in C++ - which is such hard thing to decompile. Even then, the user would need to know EXACTLY what to be looking for and again - comments (which are shown in the "evidence") would be axed during decompiling.

    When the game is compiled, the structure of the instructions is mangled - for lack of a better term. The specific instructions referring to "momentum" could be 200,000 lines away from each other, but this user has managed to uncover "code" for the exact narrative he's trying to push within the same line?

    This is an absolute fabrication.

    You have to be joking. You think someone took the time to write all these lines of "code" (they're not from the source code, obviously, since that's closed -- they're comments):

    http://paste.ideaslabs.com/show/1PoNNX3CpG

    just to make people believe that momentum exists? That's completely ridiculous.

    I guess this says it all, though -- there's literally no way for anyone to demonstrate that any kind of tilt is in the game, since even if the code showing it is found, EA will just deny that the code is real.



    You: I guess this says it all, though -- there's literally no way for anyone to demonstrate that any kind of tilt is in the game, since even if the code showing it is found, EA will just deny that the code is real.

    Dev: ok fine. We admit it. This is the way we want our game. If you want to play it, great. If not, sorry you don't enjoy it.

    Feel better now?
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    KoryDub wrote: »
    EA denies it, forums say it exists.

    It's an endless circle.

    We should maybe focus all of our efforts in to finding what goes on at Area 51 instead.

    You're not actually engaging with what I linked to. You said that the stuff people posted about FIFA was "an absolute fabrication." I'm asking whether you think someone made up all those lines of code just so they could convince people that some version of momentum was in the game.

    I also don't understand why you think the idea that EA has used adaptive difficulty in its games is so unbelievable. Plenty of games -- most obviously racing games -- explicitly rely on adaptive difficulty mechanisms, like rubberbanding, to keep games close and entertaining. Seems totally plausible that EA would have done the same. We know that, in the NHL series, the game lets the AI in effect cheat on Superstar. In-game adaptive difficulty would just be a variant on that. Also worth noting that the documentation suggests that the game doesn't just make the AI play better when you're dominating. It also makes the AI play worse when you're struggling.

    Lots of posts in this thread -- and on the FIFA boards -- have suggested that some version of adaptive difficulty applies to online games as well. We have no idea if that's the case. But the OP in this thread was about single-player modes, and in those modes I think there is now convincing evidence that some version of adaptive difficulty is in EA games.

  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    EA denies it, forums say it exists.

    It's an endless circle.

    We should maybe focus all of our efforts in to finding what goes on at Area 51 instead.

    You're not actually engaging with what I linked to. You said that the stuff people posted about FIFA was "an absolute fabrication." I'm asking whether you think someone made up all those lines of code just so they could convince people that some version of momentum was in the game.

    I also don't understand why you think the idea that EA has used adaptive difficulty in its games is so unbelievable. Plenty of games -- most obviously racing games -- explicitly rely on adaptive difficulty mechanisms, like rubberbanding, to keep games close and entertaining. Seems totally plausible that EA would have done the same. We know that, in the NHL series, the game lets the AI in effect cheat on Superstar. In-game adaptive difficulty would just be a variant on that. Also worth noting that the documentation suggests that the game doesn't just make the AI play better when you're dominating. It also makes the AI play worse when you're struggling.

    Lots of posts in this thread -- and on the FIFA boards -- have suggested that some version of adaptive difficulty applies to online games as well. We have no idea if that's the case. But the OP in this thread was about single-player modes, and in those modes I think there is now convincing evidence that some version of adaptive difficulty is in EA games.

    Ok. You got them. There is rubber banding/ ice tilt/ comeback logic/ etc in NHL games. Now what? Do you feel better? If it's been in the game this long and they have been denying it this long, isn't it obvious that they want it in their game? Maybe it's not even their decision to have it in the game but the higher ups that tell them this and they are forced to do it. Whatever the reason, that's how the game is because that's how they want it.

    Big picture: Stop complaining and adapt. Time to move forward.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Ice Tilt does not exist.

    If this behaviour is as common as you claim, can you post some captures of a game where your players have these acceleration issues?

    Also, what difficulty are you at? Have you adjust any slider settings, and if so - can you post them?

    What do you make of the code that people uncovered this year in FIFA, which pretty clearly seems to show the game increases difficulty for the user when he dominates possession, shots, and/or goals? FIFA devs have always denied there was "grass tilt" in the game also, but that's exactly what the adaptive difficulty code seems to represent. Or do you have a different explanation?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kgnfi/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/

    Do you actually believe that you can acquire the entire raw code for FIFA like this by simply opening the main EXE that runs the game in Notepad++?

    Can you imagine the tactful advantages that could be abused if it were really this easy to decompile the source code of one of the biggest sports franchises, or any game for that matter?

    Actually decompiling the code, if it was written in C#, would yield minimal results - not to mention comments would be stripped.

    I don't know for sure, but I believe EA Sports' engines run in C++ - which is such hard thing to decompile. Even then, the user would need to know EXACTLY what to be looking for and again - comments (which are shown in the "evidence") would be axed during decompiling.

    When the game is compiled, the structure of the instructions is mangled - for lack of a better term. The specific instructions referring to "momentum" could be 200,000 lines away from each other, but this user has managed to uncover "code" for the exact narrative he's trying to push within the same line?

    This is an absolute fabrication.

    While I agree that having huge faults in AAA shouldn't happen and thought that it would be impossible to make such a newbie mistakes.... Then I played the division, and oh my oh my.

    #1 The games code was made in such way that people could actually alter their rate of fire, magazine size etc. from the files without any kind of coding skills. Just change the values. They did change this after a month or so... but come on!

    #2 daily 'missions'. These daily missions were scheduled in advance and they couldn't be changed without going trough a whole lot trouble. What happened is they MANUALLY coded _every_ single day. They didn't make somekind of random system that just puts some missions as dailys on random . They just forgot 1 lil thing that April doesn't have 31 days and that messed the whole daily mission cycle. Yea the game didn't have daily missions for 2 weeks because the game got confused.

    #3 The game has "healing ability" but for some reason they are not capable of removing the 'lag' from the healing. It's not about connection because when you aim down a sight and use the skill it heals instantly but when you don't aim it has 1 sec delay. They actually made it so that the heal kicks in first and after that the animation comes in making you not being able to do anything else 1sec after the heal. Does this sound triple A game to you?

    So that is a game that took years to finish, they used hunders of millions to advertise/make the game.This game isn't a game where they spend that much money or gain such profit.

    This is just that don't overestimate the game companys. They use lot of 'trainees' while making their games as that is free/cheap manpower. I do not know about EA and can't comment on this case but don't blindly trust them either. Rather question everything because when they don't deny it with 100% fact it usually is that they are hiding something and won't say anything because leagally they would get in trouble if someone exposed them. True story.
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    There is either behind-the-scenes momentum going on or the game is programmed so inconsistently that it just feels shady. I personally think it's the latter, that the game is just so inconsistent from every aspect that it creates a ridiculous environment where people get lucky and unlucky a lot.

    I have no doubt, though, that EA wants to keep the games close. I think this whole engine since we moved to PS4/XB1 has been all about it. They won't ever admit it for obvious reasons, and we will likely never have substantial, visual evidence of it. Yet, you can feel it in their games. Even top players who barely lose also confirm they believe something is going on.

    Things in the game like you not being able to player switch for several seconds at random moments will 100% decide games because they take the controller out of your hands. Things like that have to be fixed asap in order for this game to go back to being more skill-based.

    Or when you're circling the puck but can't pick it up because it's waiting for your opponent to swoop in and grab it. Or when a guy plows through pokechecks and body checks then takes it to the house. Or when your AI just decides to start skating AWAY FROM THE PUCK CARRIER as he crosses the blue line. All these things lead to unnecessary goals against.

    I win most my games, this isn't just the rant of some guy who can't win. It feels like the engine is fighting your controller. It's frustrating and it's been getting gradually worse year after year. And that all leads me to believe it's intentionally in the series for a reason.

    It's because you're playing a physics based game (to a certain extent). The skating and the puck by themselves change how the game plays and with it's physics, it does make things unpredictable. It's not "programmed" randomness, it's NATURAL randomness. things happen based on physics. Before that game was so basic, a monkey could predict what would happen. But the game evolved into a more sophisticated style that the complainers just can't grasp it.

    It's just hilarious how all the complainers want skill to be brought back in the game, but then when ea makes things tougher, they can't handle it. Total contradiction.

    LMFAO! Classic Joey at its finest.
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    EA denies it, forums say it exists.

    It's an endless circle.

    We should maybe focus all of our efforts in to finding what goes on at Area 51 instead.

    You're not actually engaging with what I linked to. You said that the stuff people posted about FIFA was "an absolute fabrication." I'm asking whether you think someone made up all those lines of code just so they could convince people that some version of momentum was in the game.

    I also don't understand why you think the idea that EA has used adaptive difficulty in its games is so unbelievable. Plenty of games -- most obviously racing games -- explicitly rely on adaptive difficulty mechanisms, like rubberbanding, to keep games close and entertaining. Seems totally plausible that EA would have done the same. We know that, in the NHL series, the game lets the AI in effect cheat on Superstar. In-game adaptive difficulty would just be a variant on that. Also worth noting that the documentation suggests that the game doesn't just make the AI play better when you're dominating. It also makes the AI play worse when you're struggling.

    Lots of posts in this thread -- and on the FIFA boards -- have suggested that some version of adaptive difficulty applies to online games as well. We have no idea if that's the case. But the OP in this thread was about single-player modes, and in those modes I think there is now convincing evidence that some version of adaptive difficulty is in EA games.

    Ok. You got them. There is rubber banding/ ice tilt/ comeback logic/ etc in NHL games. Now what? Do you feel better? If it's been in the game this long and they have been denying it this long, isn't it obvious that they want it in their game? Maybe it's not even their decision to have it in the game but the higher ups that tell them this and they are forced to do it. Whatever the reason, that's how the game is because that's how they want it.

    Big picture: Stop complaining and adapt. Time to move forward.

    You're right dude. Why would we want to have a competitive esport where skill was the determining factor for every game? Ea doesn't want it so neither should we.
  • Dixonyu
    649 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't know, it's hard not to believe there isn't that momentum script in a game ...

    If you have a stacked hut team and play base cards, a fine example is last night ... Everytime I passed to my AI they would curl away from the puck and avoid receiving passes ... Even on a 2 on 0 my movement Bergeron instead of going to the net for a tap in, as soon as I passed it to him he curled away . He even in the minute, game tied , had a perfectly clean lines up hit, I mean this guy has well over 90 poise and discipline and he gets a cross checking penalty ( the new random factor that some stupid dev decided was a good idea another random penalty ) . When it came time for the shootout my goalie was delayed, players weren't ... I couldn't switch to my AI the whole game, press switch three times and I'm stuck on the same player . I got a tieing goal called off because my AI was crashing the goalie , a game winning goal tied off because the AI goalie flopped back and just touched my Toews outside the crease who has an easy poke in as the goalie wasn't even near the puck ....

    Meanwhile his AI were supporting him and his goalie saving everything , cross crease one timers , point one timers , aiming back where the pass came from which usually scores, 5 toe drag saves ... My AI was crashing my goalie hard, 2/3 goals were because of my own AI scoring on myself, his other one was a shortie from the blue line snipe with Richards, 2 stick lifts and 3 poke checks couldn't strip the puck from him with Rob Blake... Not to mention he didn't even play Richards at centre his best face off rating was 79 my worst is 88 at line 4, he would only backhand drawback, I had a hard time tieing him up, and doing a forehand drawback, impossible, the ping was constant at 15 ms...

    What sucks is this is 3/5 games for me ...

    Alot of the times it feels like you are fighting game mechanics not the other player, it's frustrating it's either because this momentum trash is in the he game, or the game mechanics are such trash and so random, and some people are just blessed with amazing ea luck ...
  • Dixonyu
    649 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Also when an opponent messages you and says,: wow, I never thought ice tilt existed until that game, I was dominated , you should've won by a large margin.


    What does that say about the game.
  • There is something going on in the game. Everyone believes in it except for the devs, the mods, and this guy eric who is probably a mod or a dev on an alternate account trolling people with his spare time. It's either momentum programmed into the game or the game is programmed this inconsistently. Either way, it clearly affects games.
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    There is either behind-the-scenes momentum going on or the game is programmed so inconsistently that it just feels shady. I personally think it's the latter, that the game is just so inconsistent from every aspect that it creates a ridiculous environment where people get lucky and unlucky a lot.

    I have no doubt, though, that EA wants to keep the games close. I think this whole engine since we moved to PS4/XB1 has been all about it. They won't ever admit it for obvious reasons, and we will likely never have substantial, visual evidence of it. Yet, you can feel it in their games. Even top players who barely lose also confirm they believe something is going on.

    Things in the game like you not being able to player switch for several seconds at random moments will 100% decide games because they take the controller out of your hands. Things like that have to be fixed asap in order for this game to go back to being more skill-based.

    Or when you're circling the puck but can't pick it up because it's waiting for your opponent to swoop in and grab it. Or when a guy plows through pokechecks and body checks then takes it to the house. Or when your AI just decides to start skating AWAY FROM THE PUCK CARRIER as he crosses the blue line. All these things lead to unnecessary goals against.

    I win most my games, this isn't just the rant of some guy who can't win. It feels like the engine is fighting your controller. It's frustrating and it's been getting gradually worse year after year. And that all leads me to believe it's intentionally in the series for a reason.

    It's because you're playing a physics based game (to a certain extent). The skating and the puck by themselves change how the game plays and with it's physics, it does make things unpredictable. It's not "programmed" randomness, it's NATURAL randomness. things happen based on physics. Before that game was so basic, a monkey could predict what would happen. But the game evolved into a more sophisticated style that the complainers just can't grasp it.

    It's just hilarious how all the complainers want skill to be brought back in the game, but then when ea makes things tougher, they can't handle it. Total contradiction.

    that is a stretch.

    the "bounces" dont feel natural.

    I get what EA is going for.... but it's not "natural".
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    There is either behind-the-scenes momentum going on or the game is programmed so inconsistently that it just feels shady. I personally think it's the latter, that the game is just so inconsistent from every aspect that it creates a ridiculous environment where people get lucky and unlucky a lot.

    I have no doubt, though, that EA wants to keep the games close. I think this whole engine since we moved to PS4/XB1 has been all about it. They won't ever admit it for obvious reasons, and we will likely never have substantial, visual evidence of it. Yet, you can feel it in their games. Even top players who barely lose also confirm they believe something is going on.

    Things in the game like you not being able to player switch for several seconds at random moments will 100% decide games because they take the controller out of your hands. Things like that have to be fixed asap in order for this game to go back to being more skill-based.

    Or when you're circling the puck but can't pick it up because it's waiting for your opponent to swoop in and grab it. Or when a guy plows through pokechecks and body checks then takes it to the house. Or when your AI just decides to start skating AWAY FROM THE PUCK CARRIER as he crosses the blue line. All these things lead to unnecessary goals against.

    I win most my games, this isn't just the rant of some guy who can't win. It feels like the engine is fighting your controller. It's frustrating and it's been getting gradually worse year after year. And that all leads me to believe it's intentionally in the series for a reason.

    It's because you're playing a physics based game (to a certain extent). The skating and the puck by themselves change how the game plays and with it's physics, it does make things unpredictable. It's not "programmed" randomness, it's NATURAL randomness. things happen based on physics. Before that game was so basic, a monkey could predict what would happen. But the game evolved into a more sophisticated style that the complainers just can't grasp it.

    It's just hilarious how all the complainers want skill to be brought back in the game, but then when ea makes things tougher, they can't handle it. Total contradiction.

    "tougher" is an interesting choice of words.
  • There is something going on in the game. Everyone believes in it except for the devs, the mods, and this guy eric who is probably a mod or a dev on an alternate account trolling people with his spare time. It's either momentum programmed into the game or the game is programmed this inconsistently. Either way, it clearly affects games.

    Ok you're right. This is how they want it. Feel better now? Move on. "Ice tilt" has been a complaint of every game, even pre tps. Seems if it was in the game, then that's how they want it.
  • usaalltheway1
    129 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    There is something going on in the game. Everyone believes in it except for the devs, the mods, and this guy eric who is probably a mod or a dev on an alternate account trolling people with his spare time. It's either momentum programmed into the game or the game is programmed this inconsistently. Either way, it clearly affects games.

    Nah bro, I've been playing the nhl seriea since nhl 09 and I don't believe for a second in ice tilt .

    There are so many ice tilt theories that all the theorist can't agree on when it happens, why, or how it happens.

    I can agree that this game doesn't do itself any favors with the stupid random penalties, whiffs on one timers , inconsistent rewarding system etc.

    Truth is its soooooo easy to have confirmation bias because the last couple of titles open the door for that.

    Nevertheless, it's not like what I typed is going to change anyone's minds. They will ALWAYS believe in ice tilt (the ice tilt theorist).
  • The game sets itself up for conspiracy theory with the way it plays.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!