EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Hut season mode.

Prev13456
Everyone get a look at the new Hut mode dropping tomorrow? Check the patch notes on the NHL series. Looks interesting.

Replies

• Interesting. Here it is for those interested.

Patch 3.0 & Tuner 1.02 – (Coming Jan 19, 2017)

HOCKEY ULTIMATE TEAM:

Hockey Ultimate Team™ - Competitive Seasons
    Competitive Seasons is a new game mode which allows players to compete in a “monthly” season format to earn in-game rewards. Each monthly season consists of rounds. Complete three games to earn round points which determine your ranking on the Round Leaderboards. At the end of each round, you will earn a reward as well as Season Points that count towards your season total. Finish as high as you can in each round to accumulate as many season points as possible to earn a larger reward at the end of the season.
    *NOTE: Rounds and Season durations are subject to change.
  • Cant wait to see how broken this game mode will be
  • It seems that the folks are EA have been listening this year.
  • I can't wait to discover that !! I'm hitting the ''Starts January 19'' right now while working, but it's not on yet !! hahaha I'm surprised by this addition in the middle of the year, are you also?
  • Anything that could potentially add new life to the mode is good in my eyes.
  • Good Luck EA!!
  • It's just like what Fifa does with its monthly tournaments. It will be fun I'm excited all for more in game rewards for playing games.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2381 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    PadrinoIV wrote: »
    I can't wait to discover that !! I'm hitting the ''Starts January 19'' right now while working, but it's not on yet !! hahaha I'm surprised by this addition in the middle of the year, are you also?

This would've been a cool mode at launch but considering the size of the dev team they likely didn't have the man power to have it ready in September. Better late than never I guess.

P.s patch is live
  • I agree. New life is right. I wonder what the rewards will be
  • Probably gold collectibles for first three games then carbons then players then players above a certain level. Then maybe special edition cards. I would assume these rewards will show up in your inbox after first leg of the monthly tournament is done.
  • I haven't logged on yet... how does the Season rewards work? any info?
  • The update is available but it looks like they haven't opened the season yet.
  • EddieZny wrote: »
    The update is available but it looks like they haven't opened the season yet.

There is a new banner on the play screen. But you can't click yet. Says available January 19. I would imagine it will go live at 7pm. Kind of disappointed. I'm home today with my youngest daughter and was hoping to get some games in.

• Can you see what the rewards are ?
  • I don't believe you can just yet
  • Sounds good. A bit fed up of going up and down in Div 1.
  • exactly... I think that was the point.

now everyone can get rewards
  • they made it so you have to be really good to get rewards, which isn't fair..

now they have it so you get rewards no matter what, just you get better rewards if you play better... that's more like it
  • Geez, and still not fixed the broken features. smh
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    they made it so you have to be really good to get rewards, which isn't fair..

now they have it so you get rewards no matter what, just you get better rewards if you play better... that's more like it

Masterful idea I hope everyone skill zones their way to a participation award. Heaven forbid someone have to work hard and learn the game.