EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Bad connection amongst Finnish guys.

Why is it that you very often get a crappy connection against Finnish guys? It's always jumpy and laggy, especially in their zone, but it seems all good for them dancing around with the puck. Do you guys just got bad Internet in your country or what? Can someone explain this for me? Any Finnish guy maybe? I don't mind playing you, but I'm starting to avoid it because I know the connection will be bad...

Replies

• Oh my goodness more hate from Europe who could have guessed....
  • I don't hate, I just wonder why it's the same thing almost every time..? I'm in Sweden btw, shouldn't be that bad just across the sea...
  • I'm a Finn. As long as I only play matches that show good green connection at the beginning, I don't have any noticeable lag almost ever. I usually match up against other Finns. But have great matches with Swedes, Russians and others also. I have a wired 100Mbps connection.
  • No issues with anyone over Czech, Slovak, Finn or Russian
  • I'm a Finn. As long as I only play matches that show good green connection at the beginning, I don't have any noticeable lag almost ever. I usually match up against other Finns. But have great matches with Swedes, Russians and others also. I have a wired 100Mbps connection.

I always try to get a green connection, but to often it starts lagging a few minutes into the game and I don't understand why. I just think it's boring as it's great playing nice games against the Finns. :smile: I'm also on 100mb line btw.
  • shotty connections just make me focus more

score a few and let them watch the replays in choppy slow motion, they will quit soon enough
  • Yeah I´ve experinced it also, I only play against full green bars but a lot of times it is laggy as hell for me but it seems its ok for my opponent. Some of them arent **** that just say bad words after a game when I ask about their connection situation and a lot of them are playing with a bad connection sitting in a forest somewhere in Finland, some play with their phone connections, but overall they seem to have a worse connection than here in Sweden or they just know how to make it lag for their opponent to get the lag advantage ;)
  • Hi all
    I'm in the UK and suffer this a lot of the time
    they seem to be able to skate circles around me ,holding the puck out to the side but some how manage to keep the speed up but when I do it my skaters slow right down
    yes I admit I am not good at the game and I am in division 6 lol but even with fresh skaters they seem to fly by
    have contacted ea as I appear to not be the only one experiencing this but no conclusion yet
  • Pr0xY00
    156 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I always get issues with all east european countries. No idea why.
    Post edited by Pr0xY00 on
  • im in vancouver and im getting a lot of local guys lagging the connection out after the game starts.
    theres absolutely nothing you can do when kids are playing this game and theyll go to any extent to win or be high up on the leaderboards. poor kids probably never had a father figure. the game usually starts out ok and then they just go hard for the easy goals, once they have a 1 goal lead they lag it out. i played 10 games last night, 7 were laggy. most of my opponents lived within 50-60km of myself. i had enough at one point after the input delay was almost a full second and threw on the headset. LOL the kid was just laughing, nothing like hearing a 13 year old kid laugh saying you suck when he has to cheat to win.
  • Well have you ever played against people from Quebec? I don't know what it is but the weirdest things happen in these games. They are things that make me scratch my head.
  • Lowernu82 wrote: »
    im in vancouver and im getting a lot of local guys lagging the connection out after the game starts.
    theres absolutely nothing you can do when kids are playing this game and theyll go to any extent to win or be high up on the leaderboards. poor kids probably never had a father figure. the game usually starts out ok and then they just go hard for the easy goals, once they have a 1 goal lead they lag it out. i played 10 games last night, 7 were laggy. most of my opponents lived within 50-60km of myself. i had enough at one point after the input delay was almost a full second and threw on the headset. LOL the kid was just laughing, nothing like hearing a 13 year old kid laugh saying you suck when he has to cheat to win.

I also love in Vancouver and have noticed a few guys try and lag me out. It's a joke. I usually just rag the puck when this happens because I typically have the lead when the lag kicks in.
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    Well have you ever played against people from Quebec? I don't know what it is but the weirdest things happen in these games. They are things that make me scratch my head.
    ^this

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • I am glad I am not alone with what I have observed. Now I'm not saying they are cheaters or anything like that alot of the time games against people from Quebec are the most fun. However there are times when what is happening on the ice doesn't make sense.

Phantom poke, that's right I will be skating go to the right don't have the puck anymore and no one is their and no one has pokechecks

Invincible goalie, I feel this is self explanatory

Unresponsive controller?, Wide open net go up on the thumbstick nothing do it again just to get a shot off nothing. My controller works fine I use an Xbox elite also I have an amazing internet connection.

Incredibly convenient lag, I'm sure we have all had this happen game lags perfectly right before I shoot. There is no way someone could predict this happening because my play style is incredibly unpredictable also it happens to the other player as well I don't manipulate connections ever so it's just an odd thing that happens.

Invisible wall around players, I'm sure we have all seen this perfect position for a check nope not happening sorry.

Just to list a few of the issues I have seen in my games with the natives of Quebec. These things happen to them as well in these games.