EA Forums - Banner

Eliminated without playing?

So, I made it to the finals of the amateur tournament. I matched with a guy for the last game and the connection bars bounced between green and yellow. I started it up and watched the lead in which looked a bit choppy. I waited until puck drop and it was super choppy right off the draw. I backed out for crappy connection at 15 seconds in.

Go back to main to find another game...match up with the same guy, connection shows yellow bars, back out and it shows me now that I have been eliminated from the tournament (in the finals 3-0 loss). Can anyone shed some light on why this registered as a loss?

Replies

• That sucks. Does it show in your recent games as adisc? What time does it say if it does
  • Wait you are telling me playoffs are active now?
  • Yes. Get your **** together
  • That ****. Does it show in your recent games as adisc? What time does it say if it does

It does show a DISC at 1:00. Which is strange because I backed out way before the 1:00 mark. Then I was allowed to match for another game. I am guessing it glitched out somehow when I connected with the same guy again and the match screen time was added to the initial game run time. Doesn't really make sense that would happen but is the only guess I have.
  • Okay, I think this may be related. I played a guy tonight and won 8-2. We played the full game, no DNF WIN. Right after the game I backed out and relisted a few cards in the AH. After that I went to check his team/record. In my recent games it shows my 8-2 win with a play time of 71:04....??? How could that be? Am I somehow staying connected to these guys after the game is over and I back out? I think that is why I got the loss for the other game even though I backed out way before the 1 minute mark. I took a pic of the game info showing the 71:04 for an 8-2 win but I am a moron with technology and have no idea how to put it on here.

Has anyone else seen this happen or know how to make it stop?
  • Yeah that it odd. It still says you won though?
  • Yes, I got the win. It has been a strange journey for my first foray into online play this year.
  • Stfx96 wrote: »
    So, I made it to the finals of the amateur tournament. I matched with a guy for the last game and the connection bars bounced between green and yellow. I started it up and watched the lead in which looked a bit choppy. I waited until puck drop and it was super choppy right off the draw. I backed out for **** connection at 15 seconds in.

Go back to main to find another game...match up with the same guy, connection shows yellow bars, back out and it shows me now that I have been eliminated from the tournament (in the finals 3-0 loss). Can anyone shed some light on why this registered as a loss?

What system are you on? And playing online is a lot of fun. Frustrating at times, but fun
  • Stfx96 wrote: »
    So, I made it to the finals of the amateur tournament. I matched with a guy for the last game and the connection bars bounced between green and yellow. I started it up and watched the lead in which looked a bit choppy. I waited until puck drop and it was super choppy right off the draw. I backed out for **** connection at 15 seconds in.

What system are you on? And playing online is a lot of fun. Frustrating at times, but fun

I am on PS4 bro. The town I live in is known to have horrible internet service so that likely has something to do with my issues. I have really enjoyed playing so far as I can deal with the connection issues and laggy players at the lower levels but it's frustrating trying to compete with better players. I will play online until I run out of controllers to break then I will go back to single player.