EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 EASHL

Prev13456738
I was a massive fan of Ea Sports NHL and had been playing the game since 2008 now I have not purchased the game since NHL 15. Why? Due to the fact people 🎃🎃🎃🎃 about the fact that on EASHL the majority of players could not get Legend 3.

THIS GAME ABSOLUTELY 100% NEEDS TO BRING BACK LEGEND 3
This archetype 🎃🎃🎃🎃 is stupid no one player in the NHL is the same
Bring back customisation I want to build my own player like I used to be able to. Let me create a Center a LW a RW a Defensive player and a Goalie. MOST OF ALL LET ME DECIDE WHICH STATS I WANT TO PUT ON MY OWN CHARACTER THAT I PLAY WITH. then let me choose his height and weight and how he looks.
good players like myself who reached (without boosting i may add) Legend 3 have lost out on these past couple of years due to people who cant play the game well the fun is out of the game now, I feel like I'm an AI player whenever I had the chance to play.
ALSO bring back the +1 +3 +5 boosts you used to have that you got for playing well you have ruined this fantastic game that once was my favourite game for 3 years running now I don't even buy this 🎃🎃🎃🎃.

Just please please bring back Legend 3 and all of the customisation basically bring back NHL 14 with better graphics some game play tweaks updated rosters and better physics maybe try frostbite like FIFA and Battlefield? I Understand you have a small dev team but surely you must read that the majority of players no longer enjoy this game because of how you made the most played game mode.

#BringBackLegend3

Replies

• I disagree completely. Legend 3 is stupid.

If you want customization, fine - I can sort of understand it even if I disagree with it. I prefer the class system.

If you want more points to give to your player just because you have more free time on your hands: I disagree vehemently.

You should have an advantage over other players already by virtue of playing more and therefore getting better at the game - you shouldn't ALSO get more points than someone who's playing their first game, thus an artificial boost/advantage on top of your skill advantage.

Anyone moaning about the old system coming back is likely upset that they can't constantly dangle around all day without ever losing the puck... which is nothing like actual hockey.
  • divmc123-rb-dik
    32 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I disagree completely. Legend 3 is stupid.

If you want customization, fine - I can sort of understand it even if I disagree with it. I prefer the class system.

If you want more points to give to your player just because you have more free time on your hands: I disagree vehemently.

You should have an advantage over other players already by virtue of playing more and therefore getting better at the game - you shouldn't ALSO get more points than someone who's playing their first game, thus an artificial boost/advantage on top of your skill advantage.

Anyone moaning about the old system coming back is likely upset that they can't constantly dangle around all day without ever losing the puck... which is nothing like actual hockey.

Well no its nothing to do with that. I literally do not enjoy the game anymore what is there to the game now. I dont like hut, gm mode is boring, pro career is pretty boring.

The whole enjoyment for me was never having my guy much better than others but 1. Playing the way i wanted to play with my own skill set. Then I loved trying like crazy playing with mind boggingly bad random players on drop in games, trying to achieve Legend 3 it was annoying but it was fun and actually something worth trying to achieve on the game.

When you finally got to Legend 3 you felt so much better (not at the game) also you don't have an advantage over players because there is a certain skill level to it.

You have to get so and so grade and play so and so games to achieve legend 3 so everyone has the same criteria they have to beat and if they don't have the skill level or ability to do so then I feel those who achieve it over the others who cant deserve to have that extra bit of help.

Because 9/10 you're the one player in the team that's carrying all those bums and you need all the help you can get but I am coming from a point where I don't play with groups of people I do it with randoms which is why I enjoy it so much but I also need my own player in order to do that.

As for "Anyone moaning about the old system coming back is likely upset that they can't constantly dangle around all day without ever losing the puck... which is nothing like actual hockey"

I played the beta and played i dont know 20 games and it was fun for about 6 games then I realised this is boring there's zero reason to play this. Every game should have a goal this one doesn't have one. Its boring and has lost at least half of its fan base due to this imo.

The new system does nothing for me and I still have a lot of friends from when i used to play and everyone of them say the same thing to me they all purchased the game but most if not all of them state that the new system sucks they find it boring and they only buy the game due to loving hockey not because they enjoy the game
  • also the free time thing doesn't matter over the years I've had long term jobs I've had no job at all. The time i put into this game when i didn't have a job was a lot more yes but i reached my skill level from the previous year when I was working and carried it into NHL 14 and i didn't see myself get better my skill level was always the same. It also depends on the game some people are great some people struggle for instance with fifa last year I was pretty good but not great pro clubs on FIFA I'm always amazing but on FUT (fifas hut) i was terrible in 16 this year I'm destroying people it depends on the game how you are at it and also the skill level that you're already at plus obviously your understanding of the game I just feel I wont ever purchase this game again being from Scotland i have no need for it because I no longer enjoy it as it has nothing for me now and I wish it did because I loved it

+1
    I agree 100 %
    I play in a club with my cousins and a few real life friends, they don't play the game as much as me...I would have my leg 3 by now, they wouldn't...why should they be at a disadvantage, they already play the game less so that's a disadvantage right there.
    Boosts and bonuses don't belong in a team competitive game.
    The point of the game is to get better individually and as a team, and to try and win hockey games. If you need more than that maybe hockey isn't really your thing.
    They added club unlocks, there's a cool little carrot to chase.

Agree. I am all for a meaningful progression system, but not one that unbalances gameplay. I am not claiming the class system is perfect by any means, but I think that perhaps it was a move that was requried to get to something better. (shrugs)
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • I was a massive fan of Ea Sports NHL and had been playing the game since 2008 now I have not purchased the game since NHL 15. Why? Due to the fact people 🎃🎃🎃🎃 about the fact that on EASHL the majority of players could not get Legend 3.

This archetype **** is stupid no one player in the NHL is the same
    Bring back customisation I want to build my own player like I used to be able to. Let me create a Center a LW a RW a Defensive player and a Goalie. MOST OF ALL LET ME DECIDE WHICH STATS I WANT TO PUT ON MY OWN CHARACTER THAT I PLAY WITH. then let me choose his height and weight and how he looks.
    good players like myself who reached (without boosting i may add) Legend 3 have lost out on these past couple of years due to people who cant play the game well the fun is out of the game now, I feel like I'm an AI player whenever I had the chance to play.
    ALSO bring back the +1 +3 +5 boosts you used to have that you got for playing well you have ruined this fantastic game that once was my favourite game for 3 years running now I don't even buy this ****.

Just please please bring back Legend 3 and all of the customisation basically bring back NHL 14 with better graphics some game play tweaks updated rosters and better physics maybe try frostbite like FIFA and Battlefield? I Understand you have a small dev team but surely you must read that the majority of players no longer enjoy this game because of how you made the most played game mode.

#BringBackLegend3

No way. We play the game because we like hockey and competition. The legend card 🎃🎃🎃🎃 was so people could exploit the attribute system. The class build system may need some tweaks but at least everyone has the chance to be on a level playing field. If grinding is what you're into.... try an MMO.
  • I was a massive fan of Ea Sports NHL and had been playing the game since 2008 now I have not purchased the game since NHL 15. Why? Due to the fact people 🎃🎃🎃🎃 about the fact that on EASHL the majority of players could not get Legend 3.

This archetype **** is stupid no one player in the NHL is the same
    ALSO bring back the +1 +3 +5 boosts you used to have that you got for playing well you have ruined this fantastic game that once was my favourite game for 3 years running now I don't even buy this ****.

#BringBackLegend3

No way. We play the game because we like hockey and competition. The legend card **** was so people could exploit the attribute system. The class build system may need some tweaks but at least everyone has the chance to be on a level playing field. If grinding is what you're into.... try an MMO.

well, that's what people ARE doing.

jumping ship.

EA should just give you guys a lobby system with your presets so you can LG or whatever 3rd party sites you belong to and bring back EASHL to what it was.

if you keep catering to a small hardcore base, then that is what your sales will reflect.
  • I just cant agree with any of you I play the game for fun and enjoyment then for competiveness then a bit of grinding so I didn't get bored of the game within the same month of playing it which I did the Beta I don't feel I should get bored of a game within a month i did within a week during the beta (I know some changes have been made since) but from everyone I speak to the vast majority want Legend 3 back either you guys are absolutely in the minority or my 200+ friends on previous NHLs all think the exact same as me.

as for unbalanced game play its not unbalanced you literally cannon't think that every player in the nhl has one style or only two styles that's unbalanced it's much easier to exploit a game where you can only have certain possiblities as opposed to unlimted to a certain degree SO for example on 14 you could make you guy how you wanted essentially but u only got a certain number of points to put on and certain points would cost more depending on your archetype.

ALSO for progression system LOOK no further than FIFA, FIFAs new progression system this year is amazing and guess what the game isnt even slightly unbalanced you can make your guy whatever height ,weight skinny, average, stocky how he looks you can also choose his position and choose what your archetype is then slowly progress by making your player better due to playing games the better you play the faster your bar goes up.

And you talk about your friends as friends you should be much better than the majority of players as you all have a rapport with each other you know how you play you understand which one of you is the best how to cycle the puck ect ect. The majority of people that play this game aren't sitting playing with there friends unless online you're only seeing it from your one point of view. Lets be real the majority of people who play this game suck and if you suck you shouldn't have as good as stats as someone who is good. Playing with randoms I understand that most of my players wont be good and wont have much good stats but I can be the game saver I can be the one to have good stats and help people win some games instead of being absolutely as mediocre as the next guy due to zero customisation

You 1 million percent need Legend 3 it's needed to make this game fun its needed to make this game competitive its needed to make the game last 1 year until the next one.

and one last note you guys have pretty much all said you should be individually better and as a team how can you reach your full potential at a game when you are locked in an average players attribute system that makes no sense whatsoever I just don't feel spending £60 on a hockey game and have half the game modes it used to have zero customisation that it used to have and locked in boring attributes and character build is worth the money (i know some of you will say don't buy the game) and well i haven't because its not worth the money or my time now which is why I strongly feel its in everyones best interest to bring back legend 3 or something similar to NBA or FIFA I genuinely feel for most of you NHL is your one and main game you guys play and its like you dont understand how much this game is lacking in comparison to the majority of other sports games
  • If you want a competitive non-player progression format for league play, use OTP and balance the game around that.

For EASHL club games, they never should have removed the card system. Fixing it so players can't exploit it is one thing; removing the progression system leaves the game stale for those of us who want to grind and build towards unlocking things for our player.

To argue that some players play a lot less than others meaning they won't be able to unlock things for their player, putting them at a disadvantage is not a valid argument. Name me 1 other progression-based game wherein a player who has played the game for an hour is at the same par as a player who has played the game for 100 hours. If this isn't something EA is concerned about (replay value), then so be it. Interest in their online competitive league will continue to dwindle like it has been since the release of '15.

• EVerk81 wrote: »
    If you want a competitive non-player progression format for league play, use OTP and balance the game around that.

For EASHL club games, they never should have removed the card system. Fixing it so players can't exploit it is one thing; removing the progression system leaves the game stale for those of us who want to grind and build towards unlocking things for our player.

To argue that some players play a lot less than others meaning they won't be able to unlock things for their player, putting them at a disadvantage is not a valid argument. Name me 1 other progression-based game wherein a player who has played the game for an hour is at the same par as a player who has played the game for 100 hours. If this isn't something EA is concerned about (replay value), then so be it. Interest in their online competitive league will continue to dwindle like it has been since the release of '15.
    thank you so much you get it completely the game is stale and boring how anyone can buy it let alone enjoy it is crazy to me now
  • I was one that actually enjoyed the player testing. Practice mode using different skate edges/stick curves, tweaking my attributes until I found a build I liked.

Now all you have is pre-made 70ovr builds that play more-less the same with the exception of can't hit builds vs can hit builds. The rest of the attributes seem fairly even between the builds and play basically the same.

Anyway, this is an old argument already. Some support the pre-made builds EA has come up with, others hate it. Look at the sales and the users online EA, that'll give you a fairly good indication where your product is right now. Changes need to be forthcoming or your sales and online experience will eventually dwindle down to nothing.
  • I think it's more of the ability to customize our own players rather than the actual grind/progression.

Including myself, I have 35 friends already with the P3/50 badge. The majority of them achieved that back in November and December. So we would've had nothing to grind/progress towards for the past couple months. With the old system though we would still be able to change and/or tweak our players to our liking and I think that's what most really want.

I'm fine with the preset builds as the ones I often use would be similar to the type of player I would customize but I'd prefer the previous system so I could make subtle changes that would make a difference to me.

Just give everyone the same amount of points/attributes equal to what the preset builds have and let us customize our own players. If us that play the game much more are able to customize are players more effectively than that's a fair advantage for us that play it more.

Or give those the option to play with an existing preset build if they don't want to customize their own.

There's an idea.
  • EVerk81 wrote: »
    I was one that actually enjoyed the player testing. Practice mode using different skate edges/stick curves, tweaking my attributes until I found a build I liked.

Now all you have is pre-made 70ovr builds that play more-less the same with the exception of can't hit builds vs can hit builds. The rest of the attributes seem fairly even between the builds and play basically the same.

Anyway, this is an old argument already. Some support the pre-made builds EA has come up with, others hate it. Look at the sales and the users online EA, that'll give you a fairly good indication where your product is right now. Changes need to be forthcoming or your sales and online experience will eventually dwindle down to nothing.

So you're pissed because you can't have 99 speed lol.... They have a progression system with the stadium/play customization. I'd rather the game be balanced so the best team wins... not the best group of children who stay home and play 1000s of games because they don't have a job and family. SMH... card progression IMO was a joke and catered to players who have WAYYYYY too much time on their hands.
  • the fact that some people are arguing the game "isn't fun if there's nothing to unlock" suggests to me that you're not interested in playing hockey, you're interested in an RPG. So go play one.

EASHL is a competitive sports league, not World of HockeyCraft.

If the gameplay was better (and I'd argue that at least '17 is significantly better than '16 and '15, though still with many flaws and not as good as years prior), that'd help a great deal.

I play EASHL because I enjoy a cooperative team sport, not because "I want to unlock stuff"...

Suggesting those of us who feel that way go to OTP is silly. OTP isn't a cooperative team sport in the same regard. I'm not going to build a rapport with random schlubs I meet on OTP. I play with my *friends* on EASHL, and I want to keep it that way, as many of us do.

You want equipment unlocks and stuff? You've already GOT THAT.

You want to unlock "skill points"? Go play an RPG. It is objectively bad to give someone an AI/artificial advantage over another person just because they play the game more. You should ALREADY be able to beat someone who plays less than you by virtue of being better at the game, you don't also need a character advantage.

In RPGs, you "earn an easier time at beating the game" by spending lots of time in it - but that's because they're not parallel to real life, and they're not competitive team sports where a level playing field matters. You're fighting monsters.

The same should not be true of competitive sports games. Ever.

If your car got faster in Rocket League the more you played, the entire community would throw a fit and quit playing -- and for good reason.
  • the fact that some people are arguing the game "isn't fun if there's nothing to unlock" suggests to me that you're not interested in playing hockey, you're interested in an RPG. So go play one.

EASHL is a competitive sports league, not World of HockeyCraft.

If the gameplay was better (and I'd argue that at least '17 is significantly better than '16 and '15, though still with many flaws and not as good as years prior), that'd help a great deal.

I play EASHL because I enjoy a cooperative team sport, not because "I want to unlock stuff"...

Suggesting those of us who feel that way go to OTP is silly. OTP isn't a cooperative team sport in the same regard. I'm not going to build a rapport with random schlubs I meet on OTP. I play with my *friends* on EASHL, and I want to keep it that way, as many of us do.

You want equipment unlocks and stuff? You've already GOT THAT.

You want to unlock "skill points"? Go play an RPG. It is objectively bad to give someone an AI/artificial advantage over another person just because they play the game more. You should ALREADY be able to beat someone who plays less than you by virtue of being better at the game, you don't also need a character advantage.

In RPGs, you "earn an easier time at beating the game" by spending lots of time in it - but that's because they're not parallel to real life, and they're not competitive team sports where a level playing field matters. You're fighting monsters.

The same should not be true of competitive sports games. Ever.

If your car got faster in Rocket League the more you played, the entire community would throw a fit and quit playing -- and for good reason.

You must work in sales or marketing.....

• "Small Attribute Changes- While the new player classes create an even playing field, it still sucks just being stuck and not progressing. It would be nice if you were able to progress pretty much from an 84-89. While the difference is not a game changer, hardcore fans can easily tell when playing with a player between those attributes. This is just an incentive for players to keep playing, and can really only benefit EA without hurting them."

NHL 18 Wishlist - 2BC Sports

face it.

you guys are just in the minority at this point with the preset classes.