EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 EASHL

Replies

• This is not World of HockeyCraft haha, that was great ....and correct. They have HUT for all the rpg stuff. The team based (EASHL) should always be on level playing field. There should be no superstar builds. Why anyone would feel good about outskating, outshooting, out playling a team of 70 overalls when you're maxed out is ridiculous.
  • jshuttlesworth29, I'm fine with both systems but I would rather be able to customize my player to the way I want using the current amount of attributes the presets have. If those that play a lot more than others and they're able to utilize the attributes better than I think that's a fair advantage. It would also put the onus on EA to fully explain each attribute and to make them so they actually perform as they should.

If it were up to me I'd give players the choice between using a preset build as is and/or the ability to edit their attributes the way they want. Also to bring back the ability to customize our heights/weights and our sticks and skates.

I think this is a good compromise. Make the progression about unlocking this stuff if thats what they like. And the people who dont want to grind cards can just use preset classes.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • the fact that some people are arguing the game "isn't fun if there's nothing to unlock" suggests to me that you're not interested in playing hockey, you're interested in an RPG. So go play one.

EASHL is a competitive sports league, not World of HockeyCraft.

If the gameplay was better (and I'd argue that at least '17 is significantly better than '16 and '15, though still with many flaws and not as good as years prior), that'd help a great deal.

I play EASHL because I enjoy a cooperative team sport, not because "I want to unlock stuff"...

Suggesting those of us who feel that way go to OTP is silly. OTP isn't a cooperative team sport in the same regard. I'm not going to build a rapport with random schlubs I meet on OTP. I play with my *friends* on EASHL, and I want to keep it that way, as many of us do.

You want equipment unlocks and stuff? You've already GOT THAT.

You want to unlock "skill points"? Go play an RPG. It is objectively bad to give someone an AI/artificial advantage over another person just because they play the game more. You should ALREADY be able to beat someone who plays less than you by virtue of being better at the game, you don't also need a character advantage.

In RPGs, you "earn an easier time at beating the game" by spending lots of time in it - but that's because they're not parallel to real life, and they're not competitive team sports where a level playing field matters. You're fighting monsters.

The same should not be true of competitive sports games. Ever.

If your car got faster in Rocket League the more you played, the entire community would throw a fit and quit playing -- and for good reason.

mate if that is the case and you want hockey with team sports and blah blah go the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 out side and play it this isnt real life hockey its a video game and im not okay with just playing the same 🎃🎃🎃🎃 with nothing else to it
  • mate if that is the case and you want hockey with team sports and blah blah go the **** out side and play it this isnt real life hockey its a video game and im not okay with just playing the same **** with nothing else to it

I do play real hockey. on two teams.

and those of us who prefer the class system aren't in the minority - they made the change because the *majority* of people surveyed said they wanted it.

competitive sports are about competing. at sports. not unlocking mystical fireball spells.
  • mate if that is the case and you want hockey with team sports and blah blah go the **** out side and play it this isnt real life hockey its a video game and im not okay with just playing the same **** with nothing else to it

and those of us who prefer the class system aren't in the minority - they made the change because the *majority* of people surveyed said they wanted it.

competitive sports are about competing. at sports. not unlocking mystical fireball spells.

the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 are u talking about mystic fireballs honestly shut up with ur ridiculous statements this game was not broken until nhl 15 ever since its been a heap of utter 🎃🎃🎃🎃 and you and anyone else who think otherwise are honestly just so stupid the fact you and others dont think others who invest more time into this game do not deserve better stats or boost is ridiculous they earned it by playing it more if you play for 2 real life teams that should be enough for u to be competitive then come home and have a calm game of nhl not oh it has to be absolutely realistic and must reflect how it is in real life when that just simply isnt possible this is a video game you should be able to create a charcter or multiple in different positions and you should be able to make him how you want him not have a 🎃🎃🎃🎃 guy with pre set 🎃🎃🎃🎃 because 🎃🎃🎃🎃 cunts cant get legend 3

Oh and also the majority of you who took the survey clearly are not the people who played the game every week most people who didnt take the survey no doubt thought wow this games fun i highly doubt they'll 🎃🎃🎃🎃 it up for people who whine because they cant get to legend 3 because the skill level they are at compared to top tier players is horrendous

Oh and also the majority of you who took the survey clearly are not the people who played the game every week most people who didnt take the survey no doubt thought wow this games fun i highly doubt they'll **** it up for people who whine because they cant get to legend 3 because the skill level they are at compared to top tier players is horrendous

you can't even make a point without swearing a whole lot...

most years I had 1500-2000 games played. I played plenty. I got legend 3. I still think it was stupid.

Oh and also the majority of you who took the survey clearly are not the people who played the game every week most people who didnt take the survey no doubt thought wow this games fun i highly doubt they'll **** it up for people who whine because they cant get to legend 3 because the skill level they are at compared to top tier players is horrendous

you can't even make a point without swearing a whole lot...

most years I had 1500-2000 games played. I played plenty. I got legend 3. I still think it was stupid.

mate i evidently can but when i see people like you talking absolute nonsense i feel the need to smack sense into you like first balls really grow up
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    thank you so much you get it completely the game is stale and boring how anyone can buy it let alone enjoy it is crazy to me now

Some of us just love to play hockey with friends. We don't care about unlocks or progression. As long as we get to play our favorite sport together in a video game, we're happy. We're here for the hockey, not for unlocking boosts and attribute points. The current system works very well as not all of us have the same amount of free time. I just don't get the idea people get bored now. Were you not in it for the hockey before?

So, if you got bored so fast, why didn't you quit when you got L3? Did you just spend the remaining 10 months constantly tinkering with your build?

• they just need to give the LG'ers / VHL'ers a lobby system with the presets.

ditch OTP and give them that.
  • the fact that some people are arguing the game "isn't fun if there's nothing to unlock" suggests to me that you're not interested in playing hockey, you're interested in an RPG. So go play one.

If the gameplay was better (and I'd argue that at least '17 is significantly better than '16 and '15, though still with many flaws and not as good as years prior), that'd help a great deal.

I play EASHL because I enjoy a cooperative team sport, not because "I want to unlock stuff"...

Suggesting those of us who feel that way go to OTP is silly. OTP isn't a cooperative team sport in the same regard. I'm not going to build a rapport with random schlubs I meet on OTP. I play with my *friends* on EASHL, and I want to keep it that way, as many of us do.

You want to unlock "skill points"? Go play an RPG. It is objectively bad to give someone an AI/artificial advantage over another person just because they play the game more. You should ALREADY be able to beat someone who plays less than you by virtue of being better at the game, you don't also need a character advantage.

In RPGs, you "earn an easier time at beating the game" by spending lots of time in it - but that's because they're not parallel to real life, and they're not competitive team sports where a level playing field matters. You're fighting monsters.

If your car got faster in Rocket League the more you played, the entire community would throw a fit and quit playing -- and for good reason.

mate if that is the case and you want hockey with team sports and blah blah go the **** out side and play it this isnt real life hockey its a video game and im not okay with just playing the same **** with nothing else to it
    the fact that some people are arguing the game "isn't fun if there's nothing to unlock" suggests to me that you're not interested in playing hockey, you're interested in an RPG. So go play one.

mate if that is the case and you want hockey with team sports and blah blah go the **** out side and play it this isnt real life hockey its a video game and im not okay with just playing the same **** with nothing else to it
    the fact that some people are arguing the game "isn't fun if there's nothing to unlock" suggests to me that you're not interested in playing hockey, you're interested in an RPG. So go play one.

I agree with divmc
    I still play NHL even tho it keeps getting worse every year
    Psn has a lot of players n to have a edge cuz I no how I like my players attributes to be that shows that I play like he game n tweak the attributes to where I need them to be for my play style there should be no way if I have 2 to 3 strides on the defense the defense shouldn't catch me that is unrealistic I think they need to bring back the legend platform n add a hall of fame for the players that play a lot
    There's a lot of things that are wrong with this game they need the lobbies brought back
    It seems that the last few years they been dedicate the gameplay towards hut it's a team sport
    Ok most teams in the NHL has a few superstars on their team y can't this game allow people to build their players the way we want height weight attributes skates stick these of the things that need to be fixed there is not two players the same in the NHL with the same attributes
  • EVerk81 wrote: »
    I was one that actually enjoyed the player testing. Practice mode using different skate edges/stick curves, tweaking my attributes until I found a build I liked.

Now all you have is pre-made 70ovr builds that play more-less the same with the exception of can't hit builds vs can hit builds. The rest of the attributes seem fairly even between the builds and play basically the same.

Anyway, this is an old argument already. Some support the pre-made builds EA has come up with, others hate it. Look at the sales and the users online EA, that'll give you a fairly good indication where your product is right now. Changes need to be forthcoming or your sales and online experience will eventually dwindle down to nothing.

So you're **** because you can't have 99 speed lol.... They have a progression system with the stadium/play customization. I'd rather the game be balanced so the best team wins... not the best group of children who stay home and play 1000s of games because they don't have a job and family. SMH... card progression IMO was a joke and catered to players who have WAYYYYY too much time on their hands.

Troll
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    thank you so much you get it completely the game is stale and boring how anyone can buy it let alone enjoy it is crazy to me now

Some of us just love to play hockey with friends. We don't care about unlocks or progression. As long as we get to play our favorite sport together in a video game, we're happy. We're here for the hockey, not for unlocking boosts and attribute points. The current system works very well as not all of us have the same amount of free time. I just don't get the idea people get bored now. Were you not in it for the hockey before?

So, if you got bored so fast, why didn't you quit when you got L3? Did you just spend the remaining 10 months constantly tinkering with your build?

I didnt get legend 3 right away it took me maybe 4 or 5 months and i mainly played as a center then i learned to play LD then goalie so I always had something new to do i just do not enjoy playing as someone i am not and as something 🎃🎃🎃🎃 class i dont enjoy

Adding progression makes the game fun. If there isn't 4-5 other players online to play club with, I won't even bother loading the game because drop-ins are just a mix of griefers and terrible players.

Almost every game on the market has a progression system built in that reward players for playing the game. I don't find stadium upgrades and goal cele's a reward system. We can't have one in hockey because it makes it unfair for the casuals...
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    EVerk81 wrote: »
    I was one that actually enjoyed the player testing. Practice mode using different skate edges/stick curves, tweaking my attributes until I found a build I liked.

Now all you have is pre-made 70ovr builds that play more-less the same with the exception of can't hit builds vs can hit builds. The rest of the attributes seem fairly even between the builds and play basically the same.

Anyway, this is an old argument already. Some support the pre-made builds EA has come up with, others hate it. Look at the sales and the users online EA, that'll give you a fairly good indication where your product is right now. Changes need to be forthcoming or your sales and online experience will eventually dwindle down to nothing.

So you're **** because you can't have 99 speed lol.... They have a progression system with the stadium/play customization. I'd rather the game be balanced so the best team wins... not the best group of children who stay home and play 1000s of games because they don't have a job and family. SMH... card progression IMO was a joke and catered to players who have WAYYYYY too much time on their hands.

Troll

Adding progression makes the game fun. If there isn't 4-5 other players online to play club with, I won't even bother loading the game because drop-ins are just a mix of griefers and terrible players.

Almost every game on the market has a progression system built in that reward players for playing the game. I don't find stadium upgrades and goal cele's a reward system. We can't have one in hockey because it makes it unfair for the casuals...

Seems to work for 2k16 / 17 and their sales numbers.
  • Seems more and more people are agreeing with me thanks guys lets try to get this game fixed
  • if you're more interested in player progression than playing competitive sports with friends, why don't you play Be a Pro?

or why don't you individuals who aren't into competitive team sports have your own OTP where if you really want to play online you can play with other people who aren't on set teams?

teams, EASHL, should not be an RPG. it should be a competitive sport.

if what you want is "be a pro online", then maybe you should have a game mode for that.