EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 EASHL

Replies

  • Follisimo
    1346 posts Member
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Too much of a good thing is bad. It's true of every facet in our lives.

    The builds in this game are TOO balanced. It kills the gameplay. It really doesn't matter in the end whether you pick Defensive D-man or Power Forward or Butterfly Goalie against any of the other builds in the same player category. There's no real demarcation from one build to another that would make it ideal to pick one that would benefit your style of play over another.

    It's why I said the strengths aren't powerful enough and the weaknesses aren't weak enough. Weakness should be like a 65-70 rating and highs should be 90-95 while average is 80-85
  • i think the problem that was there before is still there. some weaknesses are way worse than others. weak "shooting/passing" doesn't really matter. weak strength/balance/hands/puck control on the other hand make you basically useless.

    i sniper getting bumped by basically anyone, someone just farting in his direction, means he basically falls over and breaks a hip and the puck is long gone. but a power fwd can get trucked by a defensive dman and just slows down. on the other hand enforcers can snipe one timers all day and make stick to stick stretch passes on the fly while under duress.

    this is no different than before. certain attributes don't matter hardly at all and others matter quite a bit. the only thing that is different is everyone is same speed and now you are locked in size based on class.

  • BLicK12 wrote: »
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    BLicK12 wrote: »
    BLicK12 wrote: »
    EASHL is boring because of the class system?
    It was a lazy change, but I dont see how it makes the game boring just because you cant stack important stats and ignore meaningless ones.

    another person not realizing that it's not the user's fault the system was flawed.

    so the developer solves the problem by just getting rid of the system entirely instead of taking the time / cycles and $ to fix it.

    if the stats "meant" something, then you would admit that would have / could have solved the problem?

    why people cheer laziness as a fix is beyond me.

    oh wells.

    Nice strawman.

    He's not cheering the fix. He's saying that's not the reason the game mode is boring. The gamemode is boring because the gameplay and control of your player is terrible. Teams are more successful shooting turds alll game long than trying to setup actual plays.

    appreciate your opinion on my opinion on why the game mode is boring.

    Appreciate you improving your reading comprehension skills.

    Appreciate your concern aboot my reading skills.

    and it's not my fault you get beat by teams flinging turds on net and you have trouble skating.

    try to project less, please.

    B)

    Yeah, I'm guessing blick would beat you by 10 if you played him. Don't get mad at blick because you're bad at the game and can't read well.

    You'd know exactly what he's referencing if you had any experience playing 6s against people that aren't as bad at the game as you.

    Sorry bud.

    I can't even a
    WRX02227 wrote: »
    They could just make two leagues. One for RPG player progression, one for set builds. Then no one would complain, well they would still complain but it would be about different stuff.

    Or make player progression like it is in Franchise mode where you grow naturally.

    Unfortunately the player base just isn't there to segregate the EASHL into two leagues. I'd be all for a new player upgrade system, but as someone who tries to play strictly 6s somewhat competitively (can only do so much from the West Coast lol) I do think the class system is an upgrade over what we previously had.

    Pretty interesting that it seems to be 6s/competitive types and people who just don't have the time to "grind" that enjoy the stock player builds. Haven't really heard much from the custom attribute crew as to how they like to play.

    uhh.... we like to play "hockey".

    I find it amusing that the some here in the preset build / competitive e-athlete camp seem to assume the people wanting custom builds and possibly a progression system are "terrible players" and "don't play a team game."

    the community has devolved into a bunch of e-athlete e-sport wannabes that scream how good they are and since they are the best, you see, everything development wise should be what they call for.

    cause they so goooooooooood.

    seems to really be helping growing the game and community.

    Buddy Christ

    Another strawman.

    Your reading comprehension is brutal, bro.

    He said he's curious what camp the custom attribute people describe themselves as and you go off on a tangent about competitive players. Never did he insinuate that all the custom camp are terrible players.
    We all enjoy playing hockey, that's why we play the game, that's not informative.

    He's asking at what level do you consider yourself, are you playing competitively? Are you playing casually just to have fun? Are you involved in leagues or are you playing club with a couple of other people?

    The ultimate irony of your post is that literally nothing the competitive camp has requested has been implemented into the game for practically the last 3 years.. and the game is worse than it has ever been.

    I only play high dollar games. You are only allowed to use saucer passes.

    You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.
  • WRX02227 wrote: »
    They could just make two leagues. One for RPG player progression, one for set builds. Then no one would complain, well they would still complain but it would be about different stuff.

    Or make player progression like it is in Franchise mode where you grow naturally.

    Unfortunately the player base just isn't there to segregate the EASHL into two leagues. I'd be all for a new player upgrade system, but as someone who tries to play strictly 6s somewhat competitively (can only do so much from the West Coast lol) I do think the class system is an upgrade over what we previously had.

    Pretty interesting that it seems to be 6s/competitive types and people who just don't have the time to "grind" that enjoy the stock player builds. Haven't really heard much from the custom attribute crew as to how they like to play.

    uhh.... we like to play "hockey".

    I find it amusing that the some here in the preset build / competitive e-athlete camp seem to assume the people wanting custom builds and possibly a progression system are "terrible players" and "don't play a team game."

    the community has devolved into a bunch of e-athlete e-sport wannabes that scream how good they are and since they are the best, you see, everything development wise should be what they call for.

    cause they so goooooooooood.

    seems to really be helping growing the game and community.

    tumblr_m6sl6qZgf81rxfxhbo1_500.jpg

    Hey man I'm just trying to see if i can find a link between how people like to play and if it translates into what type of system they prefer. I don't assume anyone's good or not good, especially based on how they like to play. Believe me, there are a ton of 6s players that are incredibly individualistic just like there are a ton of small teams that prefer to play a team game. I also never said I'm good, I just said i like to try and play competitively when my connection allows it. You still failed to say whether you're playing 2s-4s, drop ins, or 5's-6's, with friends, with randoms.

    As to Venom, yes I've also heard some in LG say they prefer the old preset builds. To me, it really hasn't made any noticeable difference. Preset builds, 90% of the teams/players I played with/against rocked very similar player types once they hit legend 3. The argument that the builds were "unique" to me just doesn't fly. What's more unique about a 3 attribute point swing once you hit legend 3 in the old system compared to the minimal difference we see between builds right now?

    Anyways, as always, this conversation will go nowhere so i don't even know why i bothered replying. Breaking news, some people like custom attributes, some people like preset builds, some of us don't really care and just play with whatever system EA decides to put in. I think there's a custom attribute system that could be much better than what we previously had, and ultimately that's probably the best solution at this point. I have 0 faith that this team is the correct team to make that change though.

    lol i was totes messing with you.

    the game just doesn't feel diverse to me and my teammates.

    it is true what most of yall are saying... there isn't much of a skill gap in the preset class players.

    we all basically roll enforcers and grinders and have no real issues with the dangles, the sniping AND the cellying.

  • cogsx86
    787 posts Member
    all I see is, my stick is bigger then your stick
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • BLicK12 wrote: »
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    BLicK12 wrote: »
    BLicK12 wrote: »
    EASHL is boring because of the class system?
    It was a lazy change, but I dont see how it makes the game boring just because you cant stack important stats and ignore meaningless ones.

    another person not realizing that it's not the user's fault the system was flawed.

    so the developer solves the problem by just getting rid of the system entirely instead of taking the time / cycles and $ to fix it.

    if the stats "meant" something, then you would admit that would have / could have solved the problem?

    why people cheer laziness as a fix is beyond me.

    oh wells.

    Nice strawman.

    He's not cheering the fix. He's saying that's not the reason the game mode is boring. The gamemode is boring because the gameplay and control of your player is terrible. Teams are more successful shooting turds alll game long than trying to setup actual plays.

    appreciate your opinion on my opinion on why the game mode is boring.

    Appreciate you improving your reading comprehension skills.

    Appreciate your concern aboot my reading skills.

    and it's not my fault you get beat by teams flinging turds on net and you have trouble skating.

    try to project less, please.

    B)

    Yeah, I'm guessing blick would beat you by 10 if you played him. Don't get mad at blick because you're bad at the game and can't read well.

    You'd know exactly what he's referencing if you had any experience playing 6s against people that aren't as bad at the game as you.

    Sorry bud.

    I can't even a
    WRX02227 wrote: »
    They could just make two leagues. One for RPG player progression, one for set builds. Then no one would complain, well they would still complain but it would be about different stuff.

    Or make player progression like it is in Franchise mode where you grow naturally.

    Unfortunately the player base just isn't there to segregate the EASHL into two leagues. I'd be all for a new player upgrade system, but as someone who tries to play strictly 6s somewhat competitively (can only do so much from the West Coast lol) I do think the class system is an upgrade over what we previously had.

    Pretty interesting that it seems to be 6s/competitive types and people who just don't have the time to "grind" that enjoy the stock player builds. Haven't really heard much from the custom attribute crew as to how they like to play.

    uhh.... we like to play "hockey".

    I find it amusing that the some here in the preset build / competitive e-athlete camp seem to assume the people wanting custom builds and possibly a progression system are "terrible players" and "don't play a team game."

    the community has devolved into a bunch of e-athlete e-sport wannabes that scream how good they are and since they are the best, you see, everything development wise should be what they call for.

    cause they so goooooooooood.

    seems to really be helping growing the game and community.

    Buddy Christ

    Another strawman.

    Your reading comprehension is brutal, bro.

    He said he's curious what camp the custom attribute people describe themselves as and you go off on a tangent about competitive players. Never did he insinuate that all the custom camp are terrible players.
    We all enjoy playing hockey, that's why we play the game, that's not informative.

    He's asking at what level do you consider yourself, are you playing competitively? Are you playing casually just to have fun? Are you involved in leagues or are you playing club with a couple of other people?

    The ultimate irony of your post is that literally nothing the competitive camp has requested has been implemented into the game for practically the last 3 years.. and the game is worse than it has ever been.

    I only play high dollar games. You are only allowed to use saucer passes.

    You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

    Every single shot on the opposing net my friends/teammates take have to be one-timers.

    :wink:
  • "Im here to throw sass, and meet business quotas...and im alllllll out of quotas"
  • "Im here to throw sass, and meet business quotas...and im alllllll out of quotas"

    BUSINESS CAT:

    ACTIVATE!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    all I see is, my stick is bigger then your stick

    Gambling is illegal at Bushwood.
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    That's not true. Everyone I talk to in LG, who play this game VERY Competively have said they prefer the custom builds from last gen to these preset builds. Of course, they all say that the grind should be eliminated and just give everyone the same amount of XP while making sure EVERY attribute affects your player and not just 1/3 of them.

    This to me seems like the optimum solution... except there is yet another faction who like that grind and the associated boosts.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    WRX02227 wrote: »
    They could just make two leagues. One for RPG player progression, one for set builds. Then no one would complain, well they would still complain but it would be about different stuff.

    Or make player progression like it is in Franchise mode where you grow naturally.

    Unfortunately the player base just isn't there to segregate the EASHL into two leagues. I'd be all for a new player upgrade system, but as someone who tries to play strictly 6s somewhat competitively (can only do so much from the West Coast lol) I do think the class system is an upgrade over what we previously had.

    Pretty interesting that it seems to be 6s/competitive types and people who just don't have the time to "grind" that enjoy the stock player builds. Haven't really heard much from the custom attribute crew as to how they like to play.

    That's not true. Everyone I talk to in LG, who play this game VERY Competively have said they prefer the custom builds from last gen to these preset builds. Of course, they all say that the grind should be eliminated and just give everyone the same amount of XP while making sure EVERY attribute affects your player and not just 1/3 of them.

    All preset builds do is level the playing field at the base level: your player build is equal to another player's build. However, it stifles individual creativity. Every build is "balanced" against each. No one is special...

    I've heard many LG people like the class-system as well tbf. Anyway, what these guys really want is the "do-it-all" 5'7" grinder back. A class-system with actual choices to be made is the only way you'll see variety. They could honestly use less classes tbh. It'd make choices harder.

    I've heard both sides, to be fair... But I heard more for the return to a custom build system than against it. And the split seems to be those who are older and more experienced want to be able to customize their player build so that they can play to their strengths (and weaknesses) a lot more than what the preset builds offer. While the younger crowd, prefer the preset builds as it allows them to not really have to worry about what class they pick and still "compete" with everyone.

    Where everyone agrees on is that the endless grind and broken attribute system was bad and shouldn't come back.
  • SaveUs2K wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    WRX02227 wrote: »
    They could just make two leagues. One for RPG player progression, one for set builds. Then no one would complain, well they would still complain but it would be about different stuff.

    Or make player progression like it is in Franchise mode where you grow naturally.

    Unfortunately the player base just isn't there to segregate the EASHL into two leagues. I'd be all for a new player upgrade system, but as someone who tries to play strictly 6s somewhat competitively (can only do so much from the West Coast lol) I do think the class system is an upgrade over what we previously had.

    Pretty interesting that it seems to be 6s/competitive types and people who just don't have the time to "grind" that enjoy the stock player builds. Haven't really heard much from the custom attribute crew as to how they like to play.

    That's not true. Everyone I talk to in LG, who play this game VERY Competively have said they prefer the custom builds from last gen to these preset builds. Of course, they all say that the grind should be eliminated and just give everyone the same amount of XP while making sure EVERY attribute affects your player and not just 1/3 of them.

    All preset builds do is level the playing field at the base level: your player build is equal to another player's build. However, it stifles individual creativity. Every build is "balanced" against each. No one is special...

    I've heard many LG people like the class-system as well tbf. Anyway, what these guys really want is the "do-it-all" 5'7" grinder back. A class-system with actual choices to be made is the only way you'll see variety. They could honestly use less classes tbh. It'd make choices harder.

    never used a 5' 7" anything in the game.

    61782042.jpg

    sounds like YOU guys are the culprits.

    hmmmmmmmmmm......
  • SaveUs2K wrote: »
    BLicK12 wrote: »
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    BLicK12 wrote: »
    BLicK12 wrote: »
    EASHL is boring because of the class system?
    It was a lazy change, but I dont see how it makes the game boring just because you cant stack important stats and ignore meaningless ones.

    another person not realizing that it's not the user's fault the system was flawed.

    so the developer solves the problem by just getting rid of the system entirely instead of taking the time / cycles and $ to fix it.

    if the stats "meant" something, then you would admit that would have / could have solved the problem?

    why people cheer laziness as a fix is beyond me.

    oh wells.

    Nice strawman.

    He's not cheering the fix. He's saying that's not the reason the game mode is boring. The gamemode is boring because the gameplay and control of your player is terrible. Teams are more successful shooting turds alll game long than trying to setup actual plays.

    appreciate your opinion on my opinion on why the game mode is boring.

    Appreciate you improving your reading comprehension skills.

    Appreciate your concern aboot my reading skills.

    and it's not my fault you get beat by teams flinging turds on net and you have trouble skating.

    try to project less, please.

    B)

    Yeah, I'm guessing blick would beat you by 10 if you played him. Don't get mad at blick because you're bad at the game and can't read well.

    You'd know exactly what he's referencing if you had any experience playing 6s against people that aren't as bad at the game as you.

    Sorry bud.

    I can't even a
    WRX02227 wrote: »
    They could just make two leagues. One for RPG player progression, one for set builds. Then no one would complain, well they would still complain but it would be about different stuff.

    Or make player progression like it is in Franchise mode where you grow naturally.

    Unfortunately the player base just isn't there to segregate the EASHL into two leagues. I'd be all for a new player upgrade system, but as someone who tries to play strictly 6s somewhat competitively (can only do so much from the West Coast lol) I do think the class system is an upgrade over what we previously had.

    Pretty interesting that it seems to be 6s/competitive types and people who just don't have the time to "grind" that enjoy the stock player builds. Haven't really heard much from the custom attribute crew as to how they like to play.

    uhh.... we like to play "hockey".

    I find it amusing that the some here in the preset build / competitive e-athlete camp seem to assume the people wanting custom builds and possibly a progression system are "terrible players" and "don't play a team game."

    the community has devolved into a bunch of e-athlete e-sport wannabes that scream how good they are and since they are the best, you see, everything development wise should be what they call for.

    cause they so goooooooooood.

    seems to really be helping growing the game and community.

    Buddy Christ

    Another strawman.

    Your reading comprehension is brutal, bro.

    He said he's curious what camp the custom attribute people describe themselves as and you go off on a tangent about competitive players. Never did he insinuate that all the custom camp are terrible players.
    We all enjoy playing hockey, that's why we play the game, that's not informative.

    He's asking at what level do you consider yourself, are you playing competitively? Are you playing casually just to have fun? Are you involved in leagues or are you playing club with a couple of other people?

    The ultimate irony of your post is that literally nothing the competitive camp has requested has been implemented into the game for practically the last 3 years.. and the game is worse than it has ever been.

    Omg thank you. This guy just literally hates everyone who wishes to play this game competitively. I don't understand.

    MUHHH GRIINNDDDD!!!!!!

    just, like, literally!
  • Yeah 5'8 is more my speed.
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    WRX02227 wrote: »
    They could just make two leagues. One for RPG player progression, one for set builds. Then no one would complain, well they would still complain but it would be about different stuff.

    Or make player progression like it is in Franchise mode where you grow naturally.

    Unfortunately the player base just isn't there to segregate the EASHL into two leagues. I'd be all for a new player upgrade system, but as someone who tries to play strictly 6s somewhat competitively (can only do so much from the West Coast lol) I do think the class system is an upgrade over what we previously had.

    Pretty interesting that it seems to be 6s/competitive types and people who just don't have the time to "grind" that enjoy the stock player builds. Haven't really heard much from the custom attribute crew as to how they like to play.

    That's not true. Everyone I talk to in LG, who play this game VERY Competively have said they prefer the custom builds from last gen to these preset builds. Of course, they all say that the grind should be eliminated and just give everyone the same amount of XP while making sure EVERY attribute affects your player and not just 1/3 of them.

    All preset builds do is level the playing field at the base level: your player build is equal to another player's build. However, it stifles individual creativity. Every build is "balanced" against each. No one is special...

    I've heard many LG people like the class-system as well tbf. Anyway, what these guys really want is the "do-it-all" 5'7" grinder back. A class-system with actual choices to be made is the only way you'll see variety. They could honestly use less classes tbh. It'd make choices harder.

    I've heard both sides, to be fair... But I heard more for the return to a custom build system than against it. And the split seems to be those who are older and more experienced want to be able to customize their player build so that they can play to their strengths (and weaknesses) a lot more than what the preset builds offer. While the younger crowd, prefer the preset builds as it allows them to not really have to worry about what class they pick and still "compete" with everyone.

    Where everyone agrees on is that the endless grind and broken attribute system was bad and shouldn't come back.

    Sorry to bust your bell curve: Old dude here who likes classes. :)
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    IceLion68 wrote: »

    Sorry to bust your bell curve: Old dude here who likes classes. :)

    #1 - I said among the LG community.

    #2 - I also said that most of the older players that I have personally spoken with. There are those who prefer the current class system.

    #3 - I don't hate the class system per se, I (and those older gamers like me) just prefer to have the ability to create our own class to fit our play style and not let EA control things and screw it up (as they have).
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »

    Sorry to bust your bell curve: Old dude here who likes classes. :)

    #1 - I said among the LG community.

    #2 - I also said that most of the older players that I have personally spoken with. There are those who prefer the current class system.

    #3 - I don't hate the class system per se, I (and those older gamers like me) just prefer to have the ability to create our own class to fit our play style and not let EA control things and screw it up (as they have).

    Easy. You were making generalizations based on your experience and I was just having a little fun.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • F that. You should be able to get the +5 boost or +3 boost with out any take away. No one had a advantages back in 17 its how you play the game.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.