EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 EASHL

Replies

• Also sinbin . Not every player in the nhl plays the same way has the ability to do the same things. Or has the same skill as everyone else. Doesnt matter . In 2011 when the bruins won the cup. Vancover was the more talented team. But the Bruins played a strong team game and won the cup!.

The only reason people had atvantages back in the day when attributes were around. Was because some people can play 350 games in 2 weeks and get l3 card . Where others it took a month or more to get L3 card. This was the only problem. If people were still haveing issues when they were L3 thats on them. They have the same attributes as everyone else. But no EA had to go out and ruin the game.
  • Also sinbin . Not every player in the nhl plays the same way has the ability to do the same things. Or has the same skill as everyone else. Doesnt matter . In 2011 when the bruins won the cup. Vancover was the more talented team. But the Bruins played a strong team game and won the cup!.

The only reason people had atvantages back in the day when attributes were around. Was because some people can play 350 games in 2 weeks and get l3 card . Where others it took a month or more to get L3 card. This was the only problem. If people were still haveing issues when they were L3 thats on them. They have the same attributes as everyone else. But no EA had to go out and ruin the game.

To the bolded, you could argue without Tim Thomas, Boston loses in 5...maybe 6 because of ref bias...and i am saying that as someone from the US.

But thats WAY off topic so i wont go there.

The fix is so simple for EASHL. Everyone sounds like they are on board when they hear "Everyone has access to the same XP all year round, and let's combine the attribute categories, so that people need to pick between offense, defense, checking, skating, and general strength modifiers
  • F that. You should be able to get the +5 boost or +3 boost with out any take away. No one had a advantages back in 17 its how you play the game.

And how is their an advantage now? Isn't it still "how you play the game"? lol

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Also sinbin . Not every player in the nhl plays the same way has the ability to do the same things. Or has the same skill as everyone else. Doesnt matter . In 2011 when the bruins won the cup. Vancover was the more talented team. But the Bruins played a strong team game and won the cup!.

Your Bruins/Canucks example is a good reason why classes work. Teams play to their strengths. One may be more skilled, but the other plays better as a team. Chemistry can make a huge difference. You don't have boosted ability scores helping determine the outcome instead of raw skill.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Also sinbin . Not every player in the nhl plays the same way has the ability to do the same things. Or has the same skill as everyone else. Doesnt matter . In 2011 when the bruins won the cup. Vancover was the more talented team. But the Bruins played a strong team game and won the cup!.

Your Bruins/Canucks example is a good reason why classes work. Teams play to their strengths. One may be more skilled, but the other plays better as a team. Chemistry can make a huge difference. You don't have boosted ability scores helping determine the outcome instead of raw skill.

for ultimate parity, one class could be used across the board.

then it truly becomes a game of raw, untouched, skill.

#OneBuild
  • Sinbin wrote: »

for ultimate parity, one class could be used across the board.

then it truly becomes a game of raw, untouched, skill.

#OneBuild

Been advocating for this for a while. But the issue is that the default build would naturally fit some player's styles more than it would others, unless height/weight were customizable and all attributes were relatively high.
  • I'm fine with the class system but some sort of customization options would be nice to make us feel like we're using a player that is suited to our specific style. They could simply do something like allowing us to adjust our player's height or weight and those choices could affect certain attributes. Of course, it would add another layer of complexity to them making it balanced, but it shouldn't be that hard.
  • Speed needs to be the same across the board. If Speed is the same across the board, what do you get out of being able to adjust height/weight?
    EASHL player
  • Speed needs to be the same across the board. If Speed is the same across the board, what do you get out of being able to adjust height/weight?

#OneBuild

together, we can achieve total parity.

i'm ok with base skating stats that are the same across the board but i think adjusting height/weight should modify agility/acceleration . If you want to play as 6'5" 240lb dude it should make a big difference in those things compared to 5'10" 180lb. But that should be the most extreme you can go. Basically sacrificing reach for a little bit of skating. thats huge, poking is so effective essentially a small player should have to use agility to keep the puck from a bigger guy and a bigger guy use reach/body to keep it away from a smaller player.

thats all the customization i need. i wish everything else would be the same across the board. that would be more realistic.
  • I would like it if hitting worked half the time in this game. I shouldn't have to run a player in order to nudge him off the puck if he skates full sprint into me.
  • I've been playing club since NHL 09 and I prefer classes over custom attributes because they're more balanced, there are no attribute exploits, broken OP builds, etc. I've seen people throw around the idea of bringing back custom builds but giving everyone the max amount of attribute points from the start with no grind. Does anyone honestly think EA can make that system as balanced as the preset builds, though? I mean, EA had 6 years of custom attributes but every year it was juicing, broken attributes, tiny grinders getting 10 breakaways a game, etc. If they couldn't figure out how to balance that in 6 years then what makes anyone think they could do it now all of a sudden?
  • TRICL0PS wrote: »
    I've been playing club since NHL 09 and I prefer classes over custom attributes because they're more balanced, there are no attribute exploits, broken OP builds, etc. I've seen people throw around the idea of bringing back custom builds but giving everyone the max amount of attribute points from the start with no grind. Does anyone honestly think EA can make that system as balanced as the preset builds, though? I mean, EA had 6 years of custom attributes but every year it was juicing, broken attributes, tiny grinders getting 10 breakaways a game, etc. If they couldn't figure out how to balance that in 6 years then what makes anyone think they could do it now all of a sudden?

The old system was broken and unbalanced.

The new system has since been tuned so that even Enforcers can snipe.

This team just can't balance the game to save their lives. This game is on a steady and slippery slope. BTW Rammer, 3s is not this series' savior LMFO.
  • Im all for the set builds these days. I wouldn't have enough time to play 350+ games to get a legend card with an A-. However, people love change, and "new features." Itll be hard to come up with "new and improved builds" to add more variety and change. From a dangler to an enforcer, there are only so many builds/players you can make that mimic actual hockey players.
  • The old system was broken and unbalanced.

This team just can't balance the game to save their lives. This game is on a steady and slippery slope. BTW Rammer, 3s is not this series' savior LMFO.

The biggest failing of the fixed build system is pretty much the same problem with the old custom builds once people reached L3: the lack of hard choices. Sure, there are some differences between the builds but no build is poor enough at any aspect of the game to really make a difference. Sniper's can still hit and poke-check nearly as good as a grinder. Enforcers can still pass and snipe very well. Typically in a squad-based video game you want people filling roles and right now you can pick pretty much any build and they're more or less "equal".

The same problem existed under the old system. Once you reached L3 there were only so many "useful" attributes to pour points into. You could tweak things slightly, but most optimal builds were very similar.

The developers seem unwilling to allow people to be at any significant disadvantage ( or advantage ) in any aspect of the game. This doesn't seem to be by accident, it seems to be a design decision. I think until they start forcing people to make those hard choices in their player types it won't matter if there's custom or stock builds. The "sameness" problem will still be there.

• The old system was broken and unbalanced.

The biggest failing of the fixed build system is pretty much the same problem with the old custom builds once people reached L3: the lack of hard choices. Sure, there are some differences between the builds but no build is poor enough at any aspect of the game to really make a difference. Sniper's can still hit and poke-check nearly as good as a grinder. Enforcers can still pass and snipe very well. Typically in a squad-based video game you want people filling roles and right now you can pick pretty much any build and they're more or less "equal".

The same problem existed under the old system. Once you reached L3 there were only so many "useful" attributes to pour points into. You could tweak things slightly, but most optimal builds were very similar.

The developers seem unwilling to allow people to be at any significant disadvantage ( or advantage ) in any aspect of the game. This doesn't seem to be by accident, it seems to be a design decision. I think until they start forcing people to make those hard choices in their player types it won't matter if there's custom or stock builds. The "sameness" problem will still be there.

Agreed.
  • SaveUs2K wrote: »
    The old system was broken and unbalanced.

THIS. This is what I was trying to say when stating that a good class-system would yield more player diversity than a custom-build system. These devs just don't want to make people make though choices or actually play to the style that their class is intended for.

The devs are just catering to the cryhard princesses that have to dangle snipe without actually being good at it. As usual, garbage tuning ruins the game for the sake of social media. Anyone really think player classes will be "rebalanced" for 18? Of course not....