EA Forums - Banner

Connection tampering is out of hand.

Prev1
h8ttrick
1661 posts Member
edited January 2017
Needs to get fixed it is become ridiculous. People are manipulating connections and winning games. This isn't how this game should be played. I don't care if it is peer to peer. Get it together start kicking people who do this because it is out of hand.

It takes 10 mins to find a game that isn't being tampered with it makes it almost impossible enjoy the game. Might as well just play offline games all together.
Post edited by h8ttrick on

Replies

• It's gotten worse this year, used only be a select few that tried this, but this year almost every 2-3 game in hut or vs is someone trying to lag the game out, slow you down and or trying the goalie pull glitch. I don't have much hope that it will be fixed, they couldn't even fix what they said they would in the last patch. Somehow EA found a way to wreck an already subpar game while applying "fixes"
  • All of the above. It's getting ridiculous. They know people do this and do nothing about it. I'm sure many other people just want to enjoy this game
  • I've recorded many players doing it and sent it to both ea and microsoft, neither has done anything about it.
  • Ya I don't think they will. Didn't they fix the desyncing a few years ago? Like how could they mess it up. Also they should just start kicking people whose connection drops below a certain amount with the person who isnt tampering getting the win.
  • I had someone lagging the game every time I was about to enter the zone. After we yelled at eachother for a bit and ended up laughing at something I said to him, he proceeded to tell me he used Speedtest.net on his phone using WIFI to lag games. Now that I know this, I've certainly ran into a situation like this multiple times. Some people are just poor sports. What could EA possibly do to prevent this? Nothing.
  • I had someone lagging the game every time I was about to enter the zone. After we yelled at eachother for a bit and ended up laughing at something I said to him, he proceeded to tell me he used Speedtest.net on his phone using WIFI to lag games. Now that I know this, I've certainly ran into a situation like this multiple times. Some people are just poor sports. What could EA possibly do to prevent this? Nothing.

It's 2017 they can implement a minimum internet speed / specs requirement, you drop below auto disconnect and loss, it will at least help. I'm sorry if some people who have crappy internet get affected but if your network can't handle it you shouldn't be playing online anyway
  • Pycnotic wrote: »

It's 2017 they can implement a minimum internet speed / specs requirement, you drop below auto disconnect and loss, it will at least help. I'm sorry if some people who have **** internet get affected but if your network can't handle it you shouldn't be playing online anyway

• Agreed have them do it!
  • The problem is that if someone's internet has an actual legit issue during a game and isn't doing it on purpose, how do they differentiate? I agree that this is at an all time level of stupid with how frequently it occurs in HUT and that something needs to be done. I'm just not sure that the fix is possible.
  • The problem is that if someone's internet has an actual legit issue during a game and isn't doing it on purpose, how do they differentiate? I agree that this is at an all time level of stupid with how frequently it occurs in HUT and that something needs to be done. I'm just not sure that the fix is possible.

It would suck but again if your internet has issues you shouldn't be playing online. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

Easy rebuttal

If someone's Internet is having a legit issue , which should be rare. Oh well, take the rare loss.

Million times better than the **** we have going on now.

If a person is constantly having issues, then do everyone including yourself a favor and upgrade your Internet or change providers.

Really, you shouldn't be online if you have repeated issues with connectivity
    The problem is that if someone's internet has an actual legit issue during a game and isn't doing it on purpose, how do they differentiate? I agree that this is at an all time level of stupid with how frequently it occurs in HUT and that something needs to be done. I'm just not sure that the fix is possible.

It would suck but again if your internet has issues you shouldn't be playing online. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

Indeed.
  • lol speedtest.net hahaha

classic. kids will do anything to win.

the loser likely has a GARBAGE upload rate so when speedtest goes to hammer the upload your connection to him / her is getting severely buffered but not crossing a threshold.

the threshold would have to be set in the software on the consoles in this case I assume?
  • Well here's an issue, a large amount of FPS games that have lag compensation, people purposely throttle their Internet connections. You actually have a better gameplay experience with a 'properly' throttled connection.

When my kids are using their kindles and netflix, my connection is noticeably slower, but I will absolutely dominate in BOPS3. We're talking a 3.5+kd match after match, but when nobody is hogging my Internet, I average around 1.8.

So, this would open a whole new can of worms for people.

Is it necessarily fair if your connection stutters for a brief moment and you get completely kicked from the game?
  • Cheaters have and always will prosper in the world of ea... It's the main reason I wouldn't want to see NHL on PC, battlefield gets ruined within months by hackers have an enemy player glitch through walls and shoot your through or spawn on you , bf4 was unplayable for the first 4 months if it even got fixed, it's why I never bought battlefront, buy the expansions, then what motivation do they have to make the game work, they got their money already ... Ea has a terrible reputation for letting games on PC go bad then rehashing the next one...
  • And yet people look at me like my head is on backwards for saying " People will go to great lengths to WIN (at all cost) on a FAKE video game (FAKE Rankings, FAKE Leader boards, FAKE Win/Loss record)"

The responses I get is How's it FAKE or What do you mean by FAKE.
    FAKE as in come the next installment of the game/series the previous years records don't mean ****! There is NO Official record or real life publishing of the #1 OVP players in EA NHL series (I mean can anyone tell me who the #1 OVP player was in NHL08?).
    Just like the a**holes that threatened other people with bodily harm when they got close to their High Score on Pac Man back in the hey day of Arcades (Show Biz Pizza, Chuck E Cheese) I mean really, does anyone (other than said person) remotely recall who the #1 Pac Man player was for the Show Biz Pizza on Lebanon Church Road (Pgh area) in 1983??
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    And yet people look at me like my head is on backwards for saying " People will go to great lengths to WIN (at all cost) on a FAKE video game (FAKE Rankings, FAKE Leader boards, FAKE Win/Loss record)"

FAKE as in come the next installment of the game/series the previous years records don't mean ****! There is NO Official record or real life publishing of the #1 OVP players in EA NHL series (I mean can anyone tell me who the #1 OVP player was in NHL08?).
    Just like the a**holes that threatened other people with bodily harm when they got close to their High Score on Pac Man back in the hey day of Arcades (Show Biz Pizza, Chuck E Cheese) I mean really, does anyone (other than said person) remotely recall who the #1 Pac Man player was for the Show Biz Pizza on Lebanon Church Road (Pgh area) in 1983??

You damned well better believe I remember who it was. It was joefitz22 :p
    I've recorded many players doing it and sent it to both ea and microsoft, neither has done anything about it.

This is a **** statement. When you report someone, the Terms of Agreement clearly states that you will NOT be notified if any action is taken towards the allege offending gamer. You have no way of knowing if action is taken. But nice try.
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    And yet people look at me like my head is on backwards for saying " People will go to great lengths to WIN (at all cost) on a FAKE video game (FAKE Rankings, FAKE Leader boards, FAKE Win/Loss record)"

You damned well better believe I remember who it was. It was joefitz22 :p

LMAO