EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

HUT SERIES 2 ?!

Replies

• I'm guessing series 2 packs will cost more than regular packs making this a more expensive DLC HUT expansion

And I still think it **** ppl who paid for regular DLC with real money

If series 2 players had not been BETTER but rather like cooler looking cards or something I would have been more than ok with this
  • lol Cash cow, ea out did themselves this time, The main incentive for me would be the new synergies, But I almost have the exact team I want and any of the new cards won't help my team, But overall I think it's a good idea, why not, Anything to expand the game for the players, It will keep more people interested as usually now people start getting bored of the game, I just hope it doesn't cause to many glitches/problems
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    @KoryDub why are there "Series 2 Contracts and Healing Items"

That was poor wording on the blog - it's going to be changed.

Healing and Contract cards haven't been changed, and will still be applicable to Seires 1 and Series 2 players.

okay great.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    KoryDub wrote: »
    that was my question... I think you can have a team of Series 1 and Series 2 players
    @KoryDub
    one of my questions is:

Correct, your team can have Series 1 and Series 2 players, however it cannot be the same player.
    1) Nikita Kucherov for instance, base 87, highest card is 90 currently. If he gets a series 2 base of 90, will his highest overall stay at 90 or become 93?

Kucherov's Gold Base overall for Series 1 was 86.

His Series 2 Overall will now be 89.

Therefore, his highest card will remain at 90.

Here is a PDF of the Top Performers, their old overall and their new one

@KoryDub

So this means there will be two different 89 Kucherovs floating around? A Series1 TOTW 89 and a Series2 Base 89?
  • hmmm.. that's silly
  • So there will be season 1 players and season 2 ... This looks like a cash grab and a way to get rid of untradable cards ...
  • I wonder how this will affect the market. Will be very interesting to see.
  • @KoryDub

two more questions...

1) Like we were talking about Kucherov before; his highest overall is currently 90 and his Series 2 card will be an 89... if he gets a POTG card will it be a 91?

2) Also, will there be separate TOTWs and POTGs for Series 2 cards?
  • New heros?
  • Shlog61 wrote: »
    I wonder how this will affect the market. Will be very interesting to see.

the strong will survive
  • I wonder how long until the vulchers out there buy up all the cheap movs getting upgrades
  • @KoryDub okay great but you didn't answer the first question. Look below at the 2 scenarios:

1) Simmonds highest card is 88, his Series 2 card is an 89. If he gets TOTW next week he will become a 90, correct?

2) Kucherov highest card is 90, his Series 2 card is an 89. If he gets TOTW next week he will become a 91, correct?
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    @KoryDub okay great but you didn't answer the first question. Look below at the 2 scenarios:

1) Simmonds highest card is 88, his Series 2 card is an 89. If he gets TOTW next week he will become a 90, correct?

2) Kucherov highest card is 90, his Series 2 card is an 89. If he gets TOTW next week he will become a 91, correct?

This will be the one major issue I will have if new upgrades go off the new cards.
  • I should clarify.

Brent Burns mov is a 94 because his latest upgraded card was 94. His new base card is 92. So will his newest upgraded card be a 95 or a 93.
    If the later is the case, this will be ugly
  • And what about sets, Will there be new sets for series two cards? Hence new heros?
  • I should clarify.

Brent Burns mov is a 94 because his latest upgraded card was 94. His new base card is 92. So will his newest upgraded card be a 95 or a 93.
    If the later is the case, this will be ugly

His next card will be a 95.

9Tialn6 wrote: »
    And what about sets, Will there be new sets for series two cards? Hence new heros?

There's no mention of any Series 2 specific sets.

I don't know at this time if that will change, but for now - no new sets.

On top of Series 2 contracts and Series 2 healing cards, the site also said there were Series 2 logos and jerseys. Do you know if this was misworded as well, and if there are going to be new jerseys and logos, or if those will be the same in both Series 1 and Series 2 packs?

9Tialn6 wrote: »
    And what about sets, Will there be new sets for series two cards? Hence new heros?

There's no mention of any Series 2 specific sets.

I don't know at this time if that will change, but for now - no new sets.

All good, Thanks
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    @KoryDub okay great but you didn't answer the first question. Look below at the 2 scenarios:

Why are you relying on a forum mod, it's like talking to the Twitter rep, he knows nothing more than us, doesn't work for ea or have special communication we don't .... not trying to be a **** to you Kory, just saying...

I would guess kucherov season 1 card will get a plus 1 making it 91 and plus 1 to his season 2 making it a 90 , but with the new synergies..

• Dixonyu wrote: »

Why are you relying on a forum mod, it's like talking to the Twitter rep, he knows nothing more than us, doesn't work for ea or have special communication we don't .... not trying to be a **** to you Kory, just saying...

I would guess kucherov season 1 card will get a plus 1 making it 91 and plus 1 to his season 2 making it a 90 , but with the new synergies..

I for one am thankful Kory is here answering all these questions. Thank you!