EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

HUT SERIES 2 ?!

Replies

• Dixonyu wrote: »
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    @KoryDub okay great but you didn't answer the first question. Look below at the 2 scenarios:

1) Simmonds highest card is 88, his Series 2 card is an 89. If he gets TOTW next week he will become a 90, correct?

2) Kucherov highest card is 90, his Series 2 card is an 89. If he gets TOTW next week he will become a 91, correct?

Why are you relying on a forum mod, it's like talking to the Twitter rep, he knows nothing more than us, doesn't work for ea or have special communication we don't .... not trying to be a **** to you Kory, just saying...

I would guess kucherov season 1 card will get a plus 1 making it 91 and plus 1 to his season 2 making it a 90 , but with the new synergies..

I for one am thankful Kory is here answering all these questions. Thank you!

Agreed pretty cool of you..

• I was to abandon HUT, but now they have the new sets, I think I'll start playing again
  • jimmo52 wrote: »
    I was to abandon HUT, but now they have the new sets, I think I'll start playing again

You get 'em JIMMO !
    @KoryDub okay great but you didn't answer the first question. Look below at the 2 scenarios:

1) Simmonds highest card is 88, his Series 2 card is an 89. If he gets TOTW next week he will become a 90, correct?

2) Kucherov highest card is 90, his Series 2 card is an 89. If he gets TOTW next week he will become a 91, correct?

Why are you relying on a forum mod, it's like talking to the Twitter rep, he knows nothing more than us, doesn't work for ea or have special communication we don't .... not trying to be a **** to you Kory, just saying...

I would guess kucherov season 1 card will get a plus 1 making it 91 and plus 1 to his season 2 making it a 90 , but with the new synergies..

Agreed.

Thank you @KoryDub for the responses
  • Ty_Hors
    60 posts EA Staff (retired)
    KoryDub wrote: »
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    9Tialn6 wrote: »
    And what about sets, Will there be new sets for series two cards? Hence new heros?

There's no mention of any Series 2 specific sets.

I don't know at this time if that will change, but for now - no new sets.

On top of Series 2 contracts and Series 2 healing cards, the site also said there were Series 2 logos and jerseys. Do you know if this was misworded as well, and if there are going to be new jerseys and logos, or if those will be the same in both Series 1 and Series 2 packs?

I believe this was misworded as well.

Correct; the only Series 2 items are players. Sorry for the confusion; it's in the process of getting changed.

Since you clearly didn't read the press release, you would know less than Kory did, even if he never spoke to the HUT team. Existing Series 1 cards, including inform cards, will receive no upgrades. The only exception are MOV cards. So Kucherov's ASG card, currently a 90, will remain a 90.

And if you're not trying to be a jerk to Kory, you need to try a lot harder. He's doing a great job in this thread of conveying real information to us.

• ok tried to read as many of if not all of the comments. i had to read EAs site like 4x to try and understand what is going on. from what i gather every gold card will get the attribute boost and be equal with the series 2 rank. just the series 2 card will offer the new synergies they are encorporating into it. so if burns gets a 2 boost, his movember will also get the 2 boost. i dont see the market changing too much, just everyone is going to go buy up gold cards and try and profit from them. which wont work because now everyone is going to do it and flood it.
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    Dixonyu wrote: »

Agreed.

Thank you @KoryDub for the responses

Of coarse this comes with the obvious fact that you will have to go into the witness protection program if your wrong. :p

• Greedy ****... this should be in nhl2018 not mid way through what we have already spent time and money on. I propose no one spends a dime and protest to get the broken bugs fixed rather than just pump money in to their fat pockets...
  • I kinda understand where they are going with this, its more about introducing new synergies to the game. The problem they have is most pack buyers are probably close to having every stat to 99 with the saturation of high end cards in the market with the available synergies.
  • Lowernu82
    408 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    PDXBOY wrote: »
    Greedy ****... this should be in nhl2018 not mid way through what we have already spent time and money on. I propose no one spends a dime and protest to get the broken bugs fixed rather than just pump money in to their fat pockets...

As much as im on board with you on this, no one will. People will still spend money because they just want to have the best and win.

love how they twist the words:
    Q: Can I still get base gold items from the Series 1?

A: Yes! The Gold and Gold Plus pack will still be available in HUT. You can find both Series 1 and Series 2 items in special packs, however you will only be able to pull one version of the player in a pack.

they have to update all gold cards, you cannot do it at the beginning of the season like they did for matthews, marner, laine... and then do it again 2/3 of the way thru the season without upgrading the gold. **** you EA
  • I for one am very happy with the additional content. I know a lot of folks like to bash EA but I think they've done well this year. The adding of reward packs, sets, competitive seasons, new cards. Sure they will make more money, but the more money spent, the more attention this mode gets. And I am happy the mode is alive and doing well. Very excited to see this unfold tomorrow along with season 2!
  • ya if they actually took the money and invested it back into the game. have you not seen EA gross profits these last few years? gameplay hasnt changed much over the last 4 years...
  • Lowernu82 wrote: »
    ya if they actually took the money and invested it back into the game. have you not seen EA gross profits these last few years? gameplay hasnt changed much over the last 4 years...

I disagree with that. The game play has gotten so much better this year. A great improvement over 16
  • I am good with this idea. Most base gold cards become pretty much useless by now so why not give the base players a bump. Essentially what I take from all this is that a few more Oilers may make it in to my lineup now...and that @Dixonyu has 'Forum Mod Envy'.
  • Lowernu82
    408 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    all it is, is a 700 player TOTW
    Stfx96 wrote: »
    I am good with this idea. Most base gold cards become pretty much useless by now so why not give the base players a bump. Essentially what I take from all this is that a few more Oilers may make it in to my lineup now...and that @Dixonyu has 'Forum Mod Envy'.

but no you have to get a series 2 base, all the 85s will be 86s... guys who arent on the list are only going up 1 point. One noteable only because im in vancouver that didnt make it on that list was bo horvat. guys had a remarkable season to date. i believe hes leading the team in goals and tied for points. not saying a lot since its vancouver but compared to last year and his base 85 rating...
  • Looks like my mov patches got an update. Glad it came before his MS fer goals. And I know it seems confusing. It'll all make sense soon. It does suck aboot the market continually being upheaved. The only constant being that basic collectibles and jerseys, etc keep going up.
    It is nice however to have these problems as it means EA has done lots with Hut this year. Remember all those years we wished they just did something, anything at all. They've done lots this year. Now if only they put some extra effort into Eashl, then I can die happy.
  • I for one am very happy with the additional content. I know a lot of folks like to bash EA but I think they've done well this year. The adding of reward packs, sets, competitive seasons, new cards. Sure they will make more money, but the more money spent, the more attention this mode gets. And I am happy the mode is alive and doing well. Very excited to see this unfold tomorrow along with season 2!

I agree as well, my man. I am loving NHL17, far more than previous two games.
    Lowernu82 wrote: »
    all it is, is a 700 player TOTW
    Stfx96 wrote: »
    I am good with this idea. Most base gold cards become pretty much useless by now so why not give the base players a bump. Essentially what I take from all this is that a few more Oilers may make it in to my lineup now...and that @Dixonyu has 'Forum Mod Envy'.

but no you have to get a series 2 base, all the 85s will be 86s... guys who arent on the list are only going up 1 point. One noteable only because im in vancouver that didnt make it on that list was bo horvat. guys had a remarkable season to date. i believe hes leading the team in goals and tied for points. not saying a lot since its vancouver but compared to last year and his base 85 rating...

Agreed. Well put for the "hard of hearing" :#
  • goat1313 wrote: »
    Looks like my mov patches got an update. Glad it came before his MS fer goals. And I know it seems confusing. It'll all make sense soon. It does suck aboot the market continually being upheaved. The only constant being that basic collectibles and jerseys, etc keep going up.
    It is nice however to have these problems as it means EA has done lots with Hut this year. Remember all those years we wished they just did something, anything at all. They've done lots this year. Now if only they put some extra effort into Eashl, then I can die happy.

yea you lucked out he didn't hit that MS last week hahaha
  • Begin...

Zi2o7.jpg
    Nashville Predators Fan. NHL19 Russia - https://vk.com/nhl19_nhl_19_ps4_xboxone