EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

HUT SERIES 2 ?!

Replies

• stats are stats. 90acc is 90acc and when it becomes 95acc its 95acc.
  • I'm very curious about the boost, for example how much of a difference would there really be from an 88 Jeff Carter to a 90 Jeff Carter? Maybe it's worthwhile to try to get some of the players and just sell for a profit.
  • Everyone should at least do the starter pack. We all have a number of untradeable cards sitting around.
  • Everyone should at least do the starter pack. We all have a number of untradeable cards sitting around.

yea but what will the starter pack actually contain.. they said it was a mistake talking about recieving other items (outside of players)
  • UPDATE:

The HUT Series 2 Expansion Starter Pack is a one-time only trade in that costs 5 Gold Common Players. In this pack, you will receive 34 untradeable items that will allow you to build a HUT Series 2 team! The contents of the pack includes:
    •24 untradeable Series 2 Gold Common player items
    •5 untradeable Gold Contracts
    •1 untradeable Gold Healing item
    •1 untradeable Gold Arena item
    •1 untradeable Gold Logo
    •1 untradeable Gold Home Jersey item
    •1 untradeable Gold Away Jersey item

There are also 2 repeatable sets that have a 20 minute cooldown.
    •Trade in any 20 Gold Rare players for 10 Series 2 Gold Rare players
    •Trade in any 10 Gold Rare players for 5 Series 2 Gold Rare players
  • Well the stater pack only contains common players, so really, it's worthless.
  • Frosties00 wrote: »
    I'm very curious about the boost, for example how much of a difference would there really be from an 88 Jeff Carter to a 90 Jeff Carter? Maybe it's worthwhile to try to get some of the players and just sell for a profit.

BINGO!!!
  • so basically, the "Starter Pack" is only COMMON Series 2 golds.. and they are untradeable, so for people with established teams, whats the point?

I have about 300 Gold Rare players, I will trade in 50 of them to get 25 Series 2 Rares, and sell the rest most likely
  • NYR2007K wrote: »
    Well the stater pack only contains common players, so really, it's worthless.

I concur
  • TEAM SYNERGIES

End to End Awareness (EE)
    •Requires 6 Points
    •Grants +4 to Offensive Awareness and Defensive Awareness

Line Brawlers (LB)
    •Requires 6 Points
    •Grants +4 to Aggression, Fighting Skill, and Strength

Level-Headed Leadership (LH)
    •Requires 8 Points
    •Grants +5 to Discipline, Poise, Durability, Balance, and Strength

Powerhouses (P)
    •Requires 8 Points
    •Grants +4 to Slap Shot Power and Wrist Shot Power

Wrecking Crew/Demolition Derby (WC)
    •Requires 6 Points
    •Grants +3 to Acceleration, Balance, Body Checking, and Strength

X-Ray Vision (X)
    •Requires 10 Points
    •Grants +4 to Slap Shot Accuracy, Wrist Shot Accuracy, and Passing

I might be interested in adding WC to be honest, so I would need 6 of the new players
  • Looked all of the Series 2 cards and there, are a few of interest, but most will really be a wash in terms of performance compared to the current cards. Probably won't notice much of a difference.
  • It's really the added Synergies that's a bigger deal
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    It's really the added Synergies that's a bigger deal

Yes, but with only 1 synergy each card, and 1pt each, it really doesn't help with obtaining maximum synergies though.
  • There should be special cards with multiple of the new synergies, Look at the 99 dats
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • 9Tialn6 wrote: »
    There should be special cards with multiple of the new synergies, Look at the 99 dats

oh there will be.. and future cards will have these new synergies as well.. anyone smart knows to wait..

grab all of the existing cards you wanted at a DUMB LOW PRICE...

Crosby going 250K
    Shanahan under 200K
    the list goes on......................
  • There will probably be new sets down the road needing the new players. Keep that in mind
  • There will probably be new sets down the road needing the new players. Keep that in mind

yea I don't do sets most of the time... just work the market and buy the players I want

...doing sets requires real money spent most of the time
  • Have you seen the price of rare cards? Lol
  • NYR2007K wrote: »
    Have you seen the price of rare cards? Lol

What's the price of rare cards?
  • 85, 86, 87's are going right now for no lower than 1k. As always some come up lower, but are being immediately pucked up. People stockpiling for the turn in 20 & 10 rare player thing. Lol