EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

HUT SERIES 2 ?!

Replies

• I know... what's your point exactly?
  • No real point. Just find it funny that people are scrambling to buy these guys. I mean you're gonna spend like 18-20k for 20 and turn those in for 10 new Series 2 rares? To me, that's just bad economics. More than likely going to pull nothing that could be sold to make the coins back. That's all I'm saying.
  • NYR2007K wrote: »
    No real point. Just find it funny that people are scrambling to buy these guys. I mean you're gonna spend like 18-20k for 20 and turn those in for 10 new Series 2 rares? To me, that's just bad economics. More than likely going to pull nothing that could be sold to make the coins back. That's all I'm saying.

100% agree with you... which is why
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    so basically, the "Starter Pack" is only COMMON Series 2 golds.. and they are untradeable, so for people with established teams, whats the point?

I have about 300 Gold Rare players, I will trade in 50 of them to get 25 Series 2 Rares, and sell the rest most likely

I said this earlier... i'll take my chances for a few pulls and sell the remaining 250 at 800-100 a piece and profit nicely
  • I hear ya!!
  • I have 263 of them.
  • But who knows if they will be tradable or not, So in turn 20k for 10 players that probably won't be that good and might be untradeable, Not to wise if you ask me.
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • 9Tialn6 wrote: »
    But who knows if they will be tradable or not, So in turn 20k for 10 players that probably won't be that good and might be untradeable, Not to wise if you ask me.

agreed. I will ONLY do it if they are tradable... I believe they are according to website

.... plus, I am definitely pulling that 94 Crosby, got a good feeling >:)
  • They are going to be tradeable, just not the starter packs.
  • It's really funny seeing people's initial reactions to the release of the HUT Series 2 cards. Honestly, whenever they do things like this people who have experience with the market and aren't hasty usually benefit quite well; however, if you fall for the "NEW CARD HYPE" propaganda you can end up in a rough spot.

I for one will most definitely benefit from the release of these new card.. I imagine profiting at least 300K over the weekend.

Good luck err-body else !
  • I have 30 or 40 86/87's that are tradable, i think I'm going to do the exact opposite and sell them, thanks for the heads up
  • Look at it this way. It's 40k to buy a 10 player rare pack. It's 20 rare golds for a 10 pack of better rare cards. So that's why folks are paying so much for rares. Even at 1.5k each, it's worth it.
  • don't explain too much Matt, then people catch on..
  • I have a feeling packs may be good tonight. Get folks fired up for the new series. The question is, what curve ball do they throw at us. Something that hasn't been announced or something else is going to happen. Remember the new season announcement? Didn't Datsyuk come out that night too?
  • My bad buddy. Just trying to talk some folks off a cliff
  • That's a good way to look at it.
  • plus you COULD get that 94 Crosby... just sayin'
  • Man you want that Crosby
  • Man you want that Crosby

I really wanted that Xmas Malkin too, and I got him! Gotta' believe you can pull him!

...worst case, just open another pack
  • Glad I got my 5 in I'm content with the amount of heroes I have completed. My team is better than it has ever been. I can't complain. I'm going to get rid of a ton of golds but that's just for a chance at some better cards I foresee my 4th line changing perhaps
  • I think trading in as many gold rares as possible for the S2 cards might be the thing to do here. There's usually a crazy rush on these new cards and you could make a huge profit that way. Whether it's more than 800-1000 X20 for the rares is yet to be seen. Going to depend on the pulls obviously but more so on the S2 mania that occurs.