EA Forums - Banner

EASHL ELIMINATE all pauses

It's absolutely absurd that we have to deal with pauses after early goals in the 1st period, every single freaking game. Cmon. Eliminate it from drop in games.

Replies

• KoryDub wrote: »
    Eliminate it from drop in games.

Couldn't agree more.

You know that Pause Screen Overlay we get when all the pauses have been used?

- Make it snappier.
    - Add more functionality (real-time Camera change, On-Ice Trainer options, Timeouts, Goalies..etc)

And then remove all pauses from OTP.

This is the only multplayer game I play where 1 person can stop the action for 11 other people just because they need to update facebook, send/read a text.. etc.

I know it's only 1 pause per team, but it's so annoying that some people have the ignorance to interrupt the action just because they're not ready to play a game they've committed to.
    KoryDub wrote: »

Couldn't agree more.

- Make it snappier.
    - Add more functionality (real-time Camera change, On-Ice Trainer options, Timeouts, Goalies..etc)

This is the only multplayer game I play where 1 person can stop the action for 11 other people just because they need to update facebook, send/read a text.. etc.

I know it's only 1 pause per team, but it's so annoying that some people have the ignorance to interrupt the action just because they're not ready to play a game they've committed to.
    KoryDub wrote: »

Couldn't agree more.

- Make it snappier.

Fully agreed.

Would like to know the genius who thought adding pauses to NHL 15 was a great idea.... 4 was too many, so yank it up to 6???

REMOVE PAUSES!
  • Disagree. The pause is the secret weapon against the penalty shot. It is a jinx and it works.

THE POWER OF THE PAUSE COMPELS YOU
  • name23424
    80 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    One way to keep a pause available, would be, someone hits pause and their player goes to the bench after a whistle and that player remains on the bench for the remainder of the period, even if it's the 3rd. An AI player with slightly reduced stats comes on the ice. There should still only be 1 pause available per team per game where this happens.

No more pauses to stop the game.

My last drop in game was already a whistle fest for penalties, puck freezes, icing, etc. The last thing I want is another 1 minute delay for human pauses. Drop in games already have a tendency to be painfully long and dragged out.
    Post edited by name23424 on
  • One way to keep a pause available, would be, someone hits pause and their player goes to the bench after a whistle and that player remains on the bench for the remainder of the period, even if it's the 3rd. An AI player with slightly reduced stats comes on the ice. There should still only be 1 pause available per game, where this happens.

No more pauses to stop the game.

My last drop in game was already a whistle fest for penalties, puck freezes, icing, etc. The last thing I want is another 1 minute delay for human pauses. Drop in games already have a tendency to be painfully long and dragged out.

This doesn't satisfy or substitute for the Power Of the Pause.