EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Tuners for everything except......

Prev134
Skating!!!!

Why is there never any tuners/patches to address the horrible clunky skating? its the #1 complaint yet no tuners? why? why EA? Why?

Tune TPS for less momentum, turn up agility, make it more responsive!!!

Replies

• It works fine when there's no lag. That's the real issue.
  • No, TPS is clunky and frustrating offline too.
  • Tier1SOFOperator
    344 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    bryta47 wrote: »
    No, TPS is clunky and frustrating offline too.

No. It's not. Works beautifully offline. Ever actually skated in real life?

• HandsomeCatf1sh
    1684 posts Member
    edited February 2017

He's right. Momentum is part of the the video game now, just like in real life. Adapt and learn.

• HandsomeCatf1sh
    1684 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Oops
  • It works fine when there's no lag. That's the real issue.

Skating is pretty tolerable when there is no lag. Even the smallest amount of lag can make the skating a nightmare. A bunch of lag/delay and it's impossible to play. If EA would invest time and resources into the online/connection part of the game it would probably be like night and day compared to the way we have it now.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1684 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    It works fine when there's no lag. That's the real issue.

Skating is pretty tolerable when there is no lag. Even the smallest amount of lag can make the skating a nightmare. A bunch of lag/delay and it's impossible to play. If EA would invest time and resources into the online/connection part of the game it would probably be like night and day compared to the way we have it now.
    yes it would be... when I play on the West Coast server... the skating is brilliant smooth and awesome ...when I play on a East Coast server ...it's kind a like playing with a tank ...instead of a hockey player

• It's honestly like playing 2 different games whenever i actually get a smooth connection playing EASHL. The skating engine is actually pretty awesome when it works as intended, the servers just don't allow that for a lot of people for the majority of the games.
  • bryta47 wrote: »

He's right. Momentum is part of the the video game now, just like in real life. Adapt and learn.
    Yes, I love skating. IRL.

The TPS-controls are clunky and unintuitive offline and even worse online due to lag etc. I have kinda adapted to the **** controls - but that does not make them any less ****.

The TPS-controls are clunky and unintuitive offline and even worse online due to lag etc. I have kinda adapted to the **** controls - but that does not make them any less ****.

Yeah. I just do not agree. I really like the skating. Best it's ever been.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1684 posts Member
    edited February 2017

It is the best it's ever been, the clunky stuff comes when you have a bad connection...when the connection is good, it plays well with momentum and physics being pretty true to real life...skating in the past years felt more like running and floating on grass instead of a player being on skates and ice.

• HandsomeCatf1sh
    1684 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    oops double post.

It is the best it's ever been, the clunky stuff comes when you have a bad connection...when the connection is good, it plays well with momentum and physics being pretty true to real life...skating in the past years felt more like running and floating on grass instead of a player being on skates and ice.

Yes I agree. I don't play online anymore so I don't experience the lag. I find the online play unplayable due to the way MOST people play. The SUPER aggressive, score any any cost style of play. It's just not hockey. Not enjoyable for me. I play as close to a sim as possible. Cycling the puck, dump ins, fore checking, well timed poke checks, lots of passing, etc. I love the way the game plays offline.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1684 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Yes I agree. I don't play online anymore so I don't experience the lag. I find the online play unplayable due to the way MOST people play. The SUPER aggressive, score any any cost style of play. It's just not hockey. Not enjoyable for me. I play as close to a sim as possible. Cycling the puck, dump ins, fore checking, well timed poke checks, lots of passing, etc. I love the way the game plays offline.
    nice, good to hear you're having fun with it. I can't play offline anymore, got addicted to the human element of it...but ya, I definitely have to have a few drinks before I jump online...so I don't lose my mind watching some of these people's ridiculous antics lol

• I like the idea of TPS, I just don't feel it's executed that well. I have sore thumbs after every game from fighting the controls - that's not how it's suppose to be.
  • Ya the delay ruins the entire game...gives you a handicap
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    Skating!!!!

Why is there never any tuners/patches to address the horrible clunky skating? its the #1 complaint yet no tuners? why? why EA? Why?

Tune TPS for less momentum, turn up agility, make it more responsive!!!

There's already TOO much agility and not ENOUGH momentum with the default online settings in NHL 17.
    All you need to put into your head is that skating has momentum which makes you more accountable for how you move on the ice.

You've been complaining for almost 6 months about the skating engine and how it's "no good". Yet everyone else (or at least most people) have adapted to it. It's not that difficult. Once you get your head wrapped around that one simple concept, things work out a lot better. At some point you either realize this or you go back to play another game (NHL 12).
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!