EA Forums - Banner

Ridiculous things about Nhl 17

The most thing that annoys me is how many shots from the blue line that goes in, I mean it doesn't require much of skills to fire a wrist shot 2-3 seconds after you enter the offensive zone even when the goalie have almost free sight but at least the point shots d-d seems nerfed

The second thing that annoys me is how much impact speed has, sometimes I meet players that have a full team of speedsters, one wrong move and the attacker is in africa on a breakaway vs my goalie while it feels that you hardly can get anywhere against a team full of fast players that spams poke check

The skaters doesn't pick up the puck, I don't know how many times the cpu just stand there without taking up the puck or when I control the players myself they are fumbling with the puck like a 6 year old rather taking it up

Cpu poke checks, don't ask me why but sometimes it feels they are interupting everything close by with their 5 meter long stick while other times they can't make a poke even if their lifes depended on it

Replies

• Jonny81swe wrote: »
    The most thing that annoys me is how many shots from the blue line that goes in, I mean it doesn't require much of skills to fire a wrist shot 2-3 seconds after you enter the offensive zone even when the goalie have almost free sight but at least the point shots d-d seems nerfed

The second thing that annoys me is how much impact speed has, sometimes I meet players that have a full team of speedsters, one wrong move and the attacker is in africa on a breakaway vs my goalie while it feels that you hardly can get anywhere against a team full of fast players that spams poke check

The skaters doesn't pick up the puck, I don't know how many times the cpu just stand there without taking up the puck or when I control the players myself they are fumbling with the puck like a 6 year old rather taking it up

Cpu poke checks, don't ask me why but sometimes it feels they are interupting everything close by with their 5 meter long stick while other times they can't make a poke even if their lifes depended on it

Compelety agree with you, especially in regrad to the third anf fourth issue.
  • 1) completely agree with the "Shots from the blue line"... I mean I get it, you have someone like Shanahan with a 98/98 wrister, he obviously has a great shot, but the goalie seems to not even have a chance sometimes... like you have to save some of them
    2) yes the D2D slappers have definitely been nerfed
    3) speed has always been important, which is why guys with boosted offensive stats and no physical and defense will sell more than a same overall TWF with even stats across the board

4) PUCK PICK UPS ARE HORRENDOUS

5) CPU poke checks/stick lifts are fine.. protect the puck and draw a penalty

... good post
  • 1) Ya i have been venting with a bud lately about everyone just spamming the wrister from top of the circles. the people who play this game are so one dimensional and pathetic. there is absolutely no creativity amongst div 1-3. some nights all you see are the wristers, over and over and over.... Sometimes the goalies are stopping them all, next game 6 goals on 9 shots.

I'm really tired of the AI defense, opponent gets an odd man break and im trying to switch to the last man back but we all know how that works. the opponent will be coming down his right wing and my RD will stay over on the opposite side giving his opponent a clean break to the net. we know what happens after that, backhand forehand...
  • he shoots he scores..
  • Lowernu82 wrote: »
    I'm really tired of the AI defense, opponent gets an odd man break and im trying to switch to the last man back but we all know how that works. the opponent will be coming down his right wing and my RD will stay over on the opposite side giving his opponent a clean break to the net. we know what happens after that, backhand forehand...
    I notice this too, I use 1-3-1 and have one defender deep to prevent breakaways but what good is it if he doesnt react when opponents come at him

Lowernu82 wrote: »
    I notice this too, I use 1-3-1 and have one defender deep to prevent breakaways but what good is it if he doesnt react when opponents come at him

Yeah 1-3-1 is ****, the last man stands there flat footed lol he is useless
  • verrette99 wrote: »
    Jonny81swe wrote: »
    Lowernu82 wrote: »

Yeah 1-3-1 is ****, the last man stands there flat footed lol he is useless

I've started to use 1-2-2 red and find it way more effective than 1-3-1 ever was for me.
  • Puck Pickups this year are atrocious...either a player reaches through a crowd to grab the puck or skates right past it...direct correlation with the connection or servers for sure.
  • ABUSEU905 wrote: »
    Puck Pickups this year are atrocious...either a player reaches through a crowd to grab the puck or skates right past it...direct correlation with the connection or servers for sure.

"Seamless" puck puckups are probably my biggest gripe with this game. If that alone were fixed the game would be much more enjoyable. Things like this happen all the time. the puck is there, I'm locked into that position and am trying to switch guys but the AI just circles around the puck.

4sozacr.gif
  • I don't understand why I can't change my lines in a replay of a penalty shot either, I know there is going to be a face off in my zone but I can't change to my line with best defense. Instead I get stuck with a random line with a center with lower face off skill witch might result with goal in the back
    I don't understand why I can't change my lines in a replay of a penalty shot either, I know there is going to be a face off in my zone but I can't change to my line with best defense. Instead I get stuck with a random line with a center with lower face off skill witch might result with goal in the back

Yeah, this is a stupid glitch that's always been in the game. Makes absolutely no sense that they force you to watch the replay but it's literally the only replay when you can't make any changes to your team.