EA Forums - Banner

Online VS - Self scoring from face-off

This has happened more than once to me in VS play in NHL 17. Face-off in my zone to the right of the goalie. I win it cleanly back and to the left towards the goalie. It goes in. ****! Sometimes I really hate this game. Most of the time.

Sorry for no replay - I may have one of them saved. I'll check when I get home.

Replies

• Aim your faceoff win elsewhere?
  • You need to adjust where you are winning the faceoff. It sucks that it's a problem, but I haven't done it to myself since the first month of release.
  • I love how it is my fault that the goalie can't stop a slow face-off win without it scoring through his 5-hole. It is 2017, this shouldn't be something I need to adjust on my end. The goalie should make the routine save.
  • nickels55 wrote: »
    I love how it is my fault that the goalie can't stop a slow face-off win without it scoring through his 5-hole. It is 2017, this shouldn't be something I need to adjust on my end. The goalie should make the routine save.

Correct.

BUT, if you are winning it to your goalie, then the root of the problem is where you are aiming your faceoff wins. So yes, you should adjust on your end....
  • I haven't done this since the second day of the game coming out! Switch up your direction or go back/forehand. I agree, the Goalie not being able to grab it ---- Bullcorn.

Animations ruin a lot of this game.
  • Should add that NHL goalies hate when a faceoff is won in their direction. Bad crap happens when this is done.