EA Forums - Banner

EA, please fix player switching!

TheNitwitable7
68 posts Member
edited February 2017
Or at least return it to the way it was in NHL 16, because it is much worse now. I really don't understand how they can make it WORSE than before. Do they tune it each year? If so, how did the glaring issues get through QA?

You may not see it that much, but as my opponent is on the breakaway, I'm spamming R2 trying to switch the closest defender to being able to stop the breakaway.

Replies

• At one point you got control and switched off again. Spamming is a bad idea. Your better off pressing it in a rhythm, it actually gives you a better player change.
  • DeejNYLV wrote: »
    At one point you got control and switched off again. Spamming is a bad idea. Your better off pressing it in a rhythm, it actually gives you a better player change.

Wouldn't have made a difference tbh, I needed to be switched to the correct player about 5 seconds before that.
    At one point you got control and switched off again. Spamming is a bad idea. Your better off pressing it in a rhythm, it actually gives you a better player change.

Wouldn't have made a difference tbh, I needed to be switched to the correct player about 5 seconds before that.

I was talking more in general, when you are like "Oh s**t! Its not switching right!" Don't start spamming, just press it in a rhythm. As opposed to never getting the right player, or cycling right past him when your spamming, you will sometimes get the right guy in time. Not always for sure, but more than when you spam.
  • Hold down the L2 to take control of the last skater. All they need to do is make it toggle through all 5 skaters, starting with the closes one.
    DeejNYLV wrote: »

I was talking more in general, when you are like "Oh s**t! Its not switching right!" Don't start spamming, just press it in a rhythm. As opposed to never getting the right player, or cycling right past him when your spamming, you will sometimes get the right guy in time. Not always for sure, but more than when you spam.

spam5.jpg

DeejNYLV wrote: »

spam5.jpg

Hormel is a great company.