EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Division 1 is an embarassment

Prev1
h8ttrick
1661 posts Member
It is insane the amount of manipulators and people who take advantage of bad programming. The people that play there most of them there are exceptions aren't even good they simply manipulate the connection.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Replies

• Shlog61
    375 posts Member
    Based on the amount of posts you have regarding connection manipulation, I'm thinking it might be your connection that's the issue.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Nope not my connection. I have tested my connection is perfect.

Funny how this only happens in competitive seasons and d1 play. Definitely not my connection I got fiber son 1 gig upload and download speed.
  • h8ttrick wrote: »

Funny how this only happens in competitive seasons and d1 play. Definitely not my connection I got fiber son 1 gig upload and download speed.

Upload and download speed don't matter much if your hardware can't handle the data at the same rate.
  • I think it's just something people deal with in video games. Sometimes maybe it's your connection or the others. Nothing is perfect. And then the other times its folks doing whatever they can to climb leader boards in video games. Just be thankful when you get a good game and that you're not one of those people
  • It's crazy how perfect the connections are when starting a new team on a new account and climbing the ranks/divisions. But once you reach division 2 and 1 the connection goes out the window.

Connections are just flat out horrible in competitive seasons
  • I've been having some really good connections in d1 lately. Played this one guy and it was amazing. So fast.
  • RedOneDK
    203 posts Member
    h8ttrick wrote: »
    It is insane the amount of manipulators and people who take advantage of bad programming. The people that play there most of them there are exceptions aren't even good they simply manipulate the connection.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I feel ya mate, i truely do.
    Og'sån'er'det!
  • I've been having some really good connections in d1 lately. Played this one guy and it was amazing. So fast.

Yeah, connections in D1 have been flawless ever since the last competitive season started. Not sure what they did but they're really great now. If someone is having connection issues, it's definitely on the user end.

Upload and download speed don't matter much if your hardware can't handle the data at the same rate.

The hardware being in this case what... the XBOX or the PS4?
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    Connection is always on the user's end in HUT... it's P2P
  • Bmh245
    859 posts Member
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »

What are you talking about? There are two Ps in P2P. My connection might be perfect, and if my opponent's connection is crappy, I'm still likely to lag. Or if I get matched up with someone 4000 miles away, I'm going to lag. None of those things are my fault -- they're EA's for doing such a crappy job of matchmaking.
  • Bmh245 wrote: »

What are you talking about? There are two Ps in P2P. My connection might be perfect, and if my opponent's connection is ****, I'm still likely to lag. Or if I get matched up with someone 4000 miles away, I'm going to lag. None of those things are my fault -- they're EA's for doing such a **** job of matchmaking.

I bought the Netduma R1...it has a GEOFILTER so I only play people in my area...I have been toying with the settings a lot and it appears as though I am getting fairly consistent gameplay as of late....except on the weekends because of clogged servers but 5 days a week not bad
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    Bmh245 wrote: »

What are you talking about? There are two Ps in P2P. My connection might be perfect, and if my opponent's connection is ****, I'm still likely to lag. Or if I get matched up with someone 4000 miles away, I'm going to lag. None of those things are my fault -- they're EA's for doing such a **** job of matchmaking.

that's what I just said, it might not be your fault but it is definitely one of the user's fault
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    All I know is I have the best router you can buy at the moment and my internet is very good. I don't have lag problems in any other game except NHL. This includes other ea games like battlefield. So it's not on my end.

Also when I lose to someone that is better than me I could care less. When I lose because there is a delay. I don't really enjoy that and no one should. The connection stuff is game breaking and that is why people use it in d1 and in competitive seasons.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    Before NHL I played Street Fighter... that game had the most flawless online gaming
    All I know is I have the best router you can buy at the moment and my internet is very good. I don't have lag problems in any other game except NHL. This includes other ea games like battlefield. So it's not on my end.

Also when I lose to someone that is better than me I could care less. When I lose because there is a delay. I don't really enjoy that and no one should. The connection stuff is game breaking and that is why people use it in d1 and in competitive seasons.

LOL.
  • 9Tialn6
    432 posts Member
    h8ttrick wrote: »

Absolutely ridiculous.

I feel you bro, and know what your saying, Only in competitive seasons, Lately regular seasons have been blasting fast, But even in our last match up that you didn't even realize it was me until later, My connection was great, Yours must have flickered from fair to good, because you didn't play (I don't blame you because I do the same thing if it says fair) but we are at least a few thousand miles from each other, But the lag manipulation thing is brutal, I got hit with the newest cheat three times in a row last comp season where I lost connection and I got the loss, And I'm sure it wasn't from my end.
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall

Do you have your console connected to your router with ethernet cable or trough Wifi?

Wired is A LOT better than wireless.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    It's a wired connection to my router I don't use the wifi
  • I honestly have no idea how everyone in this forum seems to play 95% of there games with lag, and if there is the slightest bit of it, it's always manipulation. If my roommate goes on netflix, my connection gets worse, my Internet gets worse if the microwave is being used. Doesn't mean I'm manipulating the connection. I don't pause the game when I'm up 1 with 2 minutes to play to microwave some soup. At least 75% of my games are almost lag free, save for a 3 second blip in the second period, and I'm on wireless with pretty average Internet. Like is lag for you people when your ping goes above 10?