EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 - Gameplay trailer

Check out all we've shared about the new features and discuss it right here.

Competitive Season 4 bronze & silvers

Prev13
So the newest season requirements are needing 3 bronze and 3 silver cards on your team.

I wish they took it to the extreme and made it a full team of bronze players. Make the skill of player matter not the exploiters to take advantage of flawed mechanics in this game.

NHL16 I rocked a bronze team til I got to division 2 it made me a better player in all areas

Replies

• The hockey would be slow and dull if it was all bronze.
  • Yessssssss. But i hope and wait 10 Bronze/Silver players (((
    Nashville Predators Fan. NHL19 Russia - https://vk.com/nhl19_nhl_19_ps4_xboxone
  • I don't mind this as much as I did the 10 s2 cards. Using a bronze backup goalie means you really only need 2 bronze and 3 silvers. And you can get some decent silvers. So you don't have to completely destroy your team
  • The urgency to leave... the addiction to stay... 11 hours to decide... call Jack Bauer.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    I don't mind this as much as I did the 10 s2 cards. Using a bronze backup goalie means you really only need 2 bronze and 3 silvers. And you can get some decent silvers. So you don't have to completely destroy your team

except most people are going to opt for TOTW cards which means people will be selling 72 Bronze TOTWs for silly money
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    I don't mind this as much as I did the 10 s2 cards. Using a bronze backup goalie means you really only need 2 bronze and 3 silvers. And you can get some decent silvers. So you don't have to completely destroy your team

except most people are going to opt for TOTW cards which means people will be selling 72 Bronze TOTWs for silly money

Yeah they're really expensive. I have 1 I'm trying to sell. Put it up last night for a high number. I'm sure no one will buy. Hoping for a trade.
  • B O R I N G... What skill is in that...ZZZ...ZZZZ... guys whiffing on passes...constantly changing up teams and spending coins to make new teams...literally just finished my second team of all S2 players and this comes out....
  • EddieZny
    441 posts Member
    ABUSEU905 wrote: »
    B O R I N G... What skill is in that...ZZZ...ZZZZ... guys whiffing on passes...constantly changing up teams and spending coins to make new teams...literally just finished my second team of all S2 players and this comes out....

And that's exactly what they want.
  • EddieZny wrote: »
    ABUSEU905 wrote: »
    B O R I N G... What skill is in that...ZZZ...ZZZZ... guys whiffing on passes...constantly changing up teams and spending coins to make new teams...literally just finished my second team of all S2 players and this comes out....

And that's exactly what they want.

I just bought a few bronze and silver packs last night...running a fourth line and one pairing of defense and a bronze goalie and then throttling the rest of the team...don't care about synergy except TW
  • Do the TOTW bronze and silvers come from gold packs? Anybody know?
  • It is a little boring. But it feels to me many people right here asked for exactly that ! So its allright :-) Ill just skip this one.
  • I wouldn't be shocked if they released a special bronze and or silver rare pack tonight.
  • 9Tialn6
    432 posts Member
    PadrinoIV wrote: »
    The urgency to leave... the addiction to stay... 11 hours to decide... call Jack Bauer.

You are a great person!!!!!......I am a addict........to the hokey pokey......but I turned myself around......nhl 17......lol.....I don't have a choice....I have to play
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • 9Tialn6 wrote: »
    The urgency to leave... the addiction to stay... 11 hours to decide... call Jack Bauer.

You are a great person!!!!!......I am a addict........to the hokey pokey......but I turned myself around......nhl 17......lol.....I don't have a choice....I have to play

Lolll I even said in another thread "Ill skip this one", and since then seriously contemplating playing it.
  • Dixonyu
    613 posts Member
    If they took this to the extreme, very little would participate, paying 10 k for a decent bronze/gold sucks, none are under a grand , probably 30-40 k just to build a team. I guess it would depend on packs ...

It will be interesting though to see how players set up teams and play. I can assume more cheesy play trying to force the goal with your top players ... This is where coaching strategies would be especially nice .

I went 2 silver wingers on line 2 , bronze silver line 3 and 2 bronze wingers on the 4th. Richards Linden LaFontaine and hawerchuck as my centres. Tried not to make one line feel gimped and kept my defense strong.
  • Would they dare have player rewards that are also Bronze and Silver?

I wouldn't be surprised. It's EA
  • 9Tialn6
    432 posts Member
    9Tialn6 wrote: »

Lolll I even said in another thread "Ill skip this one", and since then seriously contemplating playing it.

That's what I said to the last competitive season, but i played, It was almost a fun experience, played 22 games, What got my goat was getting ddosed or whatever you want to call it three times in a row by those **** cheaters, And I know it's going to happen again in this next season
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • PadrinoIV
    877 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Would they dare have player rewards that are also Bronze and Silver?

Aye. Maybe. But those TOTW Bronze are quite the reward though... For keeping 3 since I added X, I may be a rich man lol
  • 9Tialn6 wrote: »
    9Tialn6 wrote: »

That's what I said to the last competitive season, but i played, It was almost a fun experience, played 22 games, What got my goat was getting ddosed or whatever you want to call it three times in a row by those **** cheaters, And I know it's going to happen again in this next season

I only play 3 games Each round though. Not passionated enough about it. Its ok. Saves me real life time so its ok. And I was well rewarded for just playing the 3 games. Not complaining. In fact , my team is now ready lol got 6 players for 200 Each and Let's go ! Loll you are damn right about the getting "Ddosed" part however. Its very real. Like I said. 3 games anyway.
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »
    Would they dare have player rewards that are also Bronze and Silver?

Aye. Maybe. But those TOTW Bronze are quite the reward though... For keeping 3 since I added X, I may be a rich man lol

Maybe the rewards will be upgraded bronze and silver cards of the guys in the new sets. I think the rewards are going to be really good like last time. They want people playing, and spending money. If the rewards are good, folks will spend to get the better teams