EA Forums - Banner

Too many rares...

Personally I think since S2 dropped packs have just been trash! Lots of 85-87 base s1 and s2. Seems like with the increase in rare cards available the good drops are so few and far between.

Really kind of wish S2 didn't come out. I like my team and synergies, really don't wanna mess with it and with the new synergies I'm gonna be kind of stuck with the ratings I have unless I wanna revamp a lot of my team.

What are your guys thoughts on this with S2 vs. S1?

A consumable that allowed you to change synergies on cards I think is a must for the future!!

Replies

• I'm not a fan of the new cards in general. Or really base cards at this point. So yeah I agree that there are a lot of bad rare cards around. But for me and my team, at this point of the year, the chances of me pulling a card worth using is very slim anyway. So pack pulling has come to a big halt after the all star game. Although I did spend some coins last night to open silver and bronze packs
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    I'm not a fan of the new cards in general. Or really base cards at this point. So yeah I agree that there are a lot of bad rare cards around. But for me and my team, at this point of the year, the chances of me pulling a card worth using is very slim anyway. So pack pulling has come to a big halt after the all star game. Although I did spend some coins last night to open silver and bronze packs

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist
  • Ha. Nope. I'm a glutton for punishment. Thankfully I did hold on to Strome and lemiuex as bronze cards.

I'm actually looking forward to this one. I don't mind the smaller requirements.
  • Personally I think since S2 dropped packs have just been trash! Lots of 85-87 base s1 and s2. Seems like with the increase in rare cards available the good drops are so few and far between.

Really kind of wish S2 didn't come out. I like my team and synergies, really don't wanna mess with it and with the new synergies I'm gonna be kind of stuck with the ratings I have unless I wanna revamp a lot of my team.

A consumable that allowed you to change synergies on cards I think is a must for the future!!

I made exactly the same observation. I spend an unreasonable amount of money every month for packages but since a few weeks I had not a single interesting card. Best one in the last four weeks was MS Williams (88) in one of my Deluxe-Version packages. Usually I have at least on exciting card per 50-60 Euros but not since the S2 packages are available. I can buy packages as much as I want, there is nothing more exiting than a 88 S2Monahan for example. Considering the low selling prices it makes no more fun to gamble on packages. I know packages are wasting money anyway but I have the impression now it is completely worthless.

There is only one way to generate coins with packages in case you have a S1 card from Boston. For some of these base cards you can get up tp 10k. On the other hand you need to sell your 88 S2 players for 2-5k.
  • Ha. Nope. I'm a glutton for punishment. Thankfully I did hold on to Strome and lemiuex as bronze cards.

I'm actually looking forward to this one. I don't mind the smaller requirements.

Agreed I am looking forward to it as well. It wouldn't matter the requirements I will be waaay down on the leader board anyway,
    so it is something different.
    There has been so much to do on 17 that I missed playoffs this month...lol
  • Finch1965 wrote: »
    Personally I think since S2 dropped packs have just been trash! Lots of 85-87 base s1 and s2. Seems like with the increase in rare cards available the good drops are so few and far between.

I made exactly the same observation. I spend an unreasonable amount of money every month for packages but since a few weeks I had not a single interesting card. Best one in the last four weeks was MS Williams (88) in one of my Deluxe-Version packages. Usually I have at least on exciting card per 50-60 Euros but not since the S2 packages are available. I can buy packages as much as I want, there is nothing more exiting than a 88 S2Monahan for example. Considering the low selling prices it makes no more fun to gamble on packages. I know packages are wasting money anyway but I have the impression now it is completely worthless.

There is only one way to generate coins with packages in case you have a S1 card from Boston. For some of these base cards you can get up tp 10k. On the other hand you need to sell your 88 S2 players for 2-5k.
    Finch1965 wrote: »

This is why it's the best strategy to only rip S1 packs. You can get special cards in both S1 and S2. It makes 0 sense to regularly rip S2 packs. There was a brief time when S2 88+ cards peaked, only because of CS requirements. That's it. S1 or nothing for me!