EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

Please get the rules right

I'm usually not one to complain. I love NHL17 and am generally happy with the game.

With that said, you've got to get the rules right.....in particular, icing!

I'm sure we've all seen and experienced it. No need to give examples. Please resolve this for NHL18. You've been making hockey games for 25 years now. Getting the rules right shouldn't be an issue.

Replies

• Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    Honestly they should have just kept in touch icing, or atleast changed it to no touch. The programming for hybrid icing is so bad I'm sure most people wouldn't have cared
  • I love it when opposing players slow down to get the icing. I'm sure tracking that is soooooo difficult. I mean, for someone with zero programming skills maybe. This issues show a major lack of polish and programming savvy.
  • So no examples, and no viable solutions offered. Typical thread here. Whining? Check. Pretending that you know how difficult it is to code something in the game? Check. Offer either no solution or a worse option? Check. Yup, I must be on the EA forums.
  • [If_xplayer acceleration=0 (icing=0)]
    /S

I mean icing in the game is often times not called correctly and because of fatigue this year it could seriously screw you over if you take an icing call late in the game because the opposing player stopped skating to allow an icing.

I don't believe this is something terribly difficult to program in but I don't have the source code. But if we are looking for realism it would be nice if it was programmed correctly to reflect how it would be called in RL.
  • I'll try and capture some shots later today. The issue from what I experienced is icing won't be waved off if a defender purposefully stops skating to allow an icing.
  • nickels55
    176 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Here you go:
    Take the player's skating speed, angle, and location on the ice and compare it to the puck speed, angle, and location. If the player goes into a glide, quickly compare if the player would have gotten to the puck before the goal line if the player kept skating. This is not difficult math BTW. If the player could have gotten to the puck at normal speed then waive off icing. Computers can do all of this complex math in about a billionth of a second.
  • DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    DeejNYLV wrote: »
    So no examples, and no viable solutions offered. Typical thread here. Whining? Check. Pretending that you know how difficult it is to code something in the game? Check. Offer either no solution or a worse option? Check. Yup, I must be on the EA forums.

Calling people whiners and assuming their programming experience is more constructive, right? How are you not banned? You derail every thread you've ever been in.

There's nothing to derail when the substance of every thread can be broken down to this "X mechanic/feature sucks! It's super easy to fix and yet they haven't! Bring back the good old days!"

That sums up 90% of the garbage in here. Then, anytime somebody explains where a complaint might be off base you get conspiracy theories and continued cries of "bring back NHL 11" or some other nonsense. Original thought is dead is dead here, good job proving it. You can post some angry bile spewing screed in response, but i won't see it or read it, so have fun slugger.
  • DeejNYLV wrote: »
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    DeejNYLV wrote: »
    So no examples, and no viable solutions offered. Typical thread here. Whining? Check. Pretending that you know how difficult it is to code something in the game? Check. Offer either no solution or a worse option? Check. Yup, I must be on the EA forums.

Calling people whiners and assuming their programming experience is more constructive, right? How are you not banned? You derail every thread you've ever been in.

There's nothing to derail when the substance of every thread can be broken down to this "X mechanic/feature ****! It's super easy to fix and yet they haven't! Bring back the good old days!"

That sums up 90% of the garbage in here. Then, anytime somebody explains where a complaint might be off base you get conspiracy theories and continued cries of "bring back NHL 11" or some other nonsense. Original thought is dead is dead here, good job proving it. You can post some angry bile spewing screed in response, but i won't see it or read it, so have fun slugger.

tourettes_guy_meme_by_bogardeth.jpg
    Tastes Good With The Money https://youtube.com/watch?v=GS4dO-0YI2E
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!