EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NHL for Nintendo Switch?

If you plan on picking up a switch in the next year or so, would you like to see an NHL for it? I know the hardware isn't up to X1 or PS4 standards but after seeing some recent benchmarks a decent looking hockey game could for sure be made for the system.

I'd really enjoy playing some NHL while riding the metro to and from work, or while on a trip.

Replies

• flyextacy
    376 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Was a post about this already. Not coming to switch.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/90217/ea-sports-nhl-on-nintendo-switch/p1

Link for reference.
  • The switch version would have to be the engine and game from PS3 / Xbox 360
  • Nintendo Switch will flop.
  • CrushNHL wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch will flop.

Cart based will = hacked in a few months just like everything else nintendo make lol.

• KoryDub, thanks for the information you have provided. With respect to the fact that NHL games are niche games, and that it is not easy to port a game to a new system, I ask that the team please keep an open mind about NHL on the Switch in the future. Even if it cannot be done this year, or next year, I would be absolutely delighted if eventually an NHL game came on the Switch. I don't know what exactly it would take for the EA team to change their minds, but so far the Switch has been selling like crazy so that's a good start. KoryDub, I don't know if it is within the realm of possibility that we can do anything at all to sway the decision makers at EA, but if there is anything we can do, I'd love to hear it.
  • any word of a NHL release on the Gamecast?

B)
  • Kory, do you even play NHL? I've never, ever seen you play it. You're always in Rocksmith lol
  • Marc110_98 wrote: »
    CrushNHL wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch will flop.

Cart based will = hacked in a few months just like everything else nintendo make lol.
    Yes because the 3ds has failed so miserably with cartridges because of them being hacked. So funny how people don't understand tech. The Switch is selling amazingly. The reason for the cartridge was for more storage. Cartridges can hold more than DVDs and are much smaller.
  • Marc110_98 wrote: »
    The switch version would have to be the engine and game from PS3 / Xbox 360

From the experiences of the last few years, that might be a good thing!!
  • any word of a NHL release on the Gamecast?

B)

Please make NHL 19 for the Panasonic 3DO !!!
  • Yes plz Nhl 20 to switch i bought all nhl back in years. Now i only play Switch so yes plz!!
  • Socair
    2301 posts Game Changer
    Old thread closed. Please don’t necropost.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!