EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Roy96

Prev13
Roy96 YAY or NAY ?
At 550k. Yay or NAY?
Im a Habs fan who could finally build around Roy. But dropping 500k on any player gives me a headache. Been with Kolzig for a long while now. He won that net. He's good.
What do you say community ?

Replies

• goat1313
    376 posts Member
    What's the rest of your team look like? Hard to say withoot seeing if that would be better spent elsewhere.
  • Stfx96
    346 posts Member
    I had him early on and did not find him worth the coins. The difference between your 94 Zilla and a 96 Roy is nowhere near worth the coins IMO.
  • Ive got 5 heroes, 7 team synergies. Malkin, Richards from X mas and Kolzig. What would be your ideas of Well spent? :-) I'd love to know. I got 665 000 coins and a team worth more than that.
  • Stfx96 wrote: »
    I had him early on and did not find him worth the coins. The difference between your 94 Zilla and a 96 Roy is nowhere near worth the coins IMO.

My fear, exactly. Thanks for your input ! But I'm put against good and stacked players more and more as I rise... Will Kolzig hold ? I thought raising the bar in goaltending would be a good first move.
  • Stfx96
    346 posts Member
    I don't know what 96 Bure is going for but if you don't have him, get him.
  • PadrinoIV
    882 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I got the "drop the 7 team synergies and buy good and cheap players you love" strategy.

With less synergies. Worked hard to get those 7 team synergies... But maybe I should get those Bure, Robitaille, Bossy I wanna try for a while but didnt cause of the synergies.
  • PadrinoIV
    882 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Stfx96 wrote: »
    I don't know what 96 Bure is going for but if you don't have him, get him.

96 Bure ? Goes for 900k as I write this loll if its a stud on offense, it will be Datsyuk.
  • goat1313
    376 posts Member
    I was looking fer something like this to get a clear view of your team.
    https://hutdb.net/17/builder/108361
    But it appears you'd probably be better off waiting fer the TOTY players to drop and see what you can do with those once they hit.
  • goat1313 wrote: »
    I was looking fer something like this to get a clear view of your team.
    https://hutdb.net/17/builder/108361
    But it appears you'd probably be better off waiting fer the TOTY players to drop and see what you can do with those once they hit.

https://hutdb.net/17/builder/95950

(Stupid Comp season ready team)

• goat1313
    376 posts Member
    That's a pretty nice CS team. I saw earlier you pretty much change your entire team every season. Do you have a second team as well?
  • Ive won div 1 a few times with Kolzig in goal, I personally wouldnt spend much coins on a goalie. People will score on you no tmatter what goalie you have in higher divisins, better off spending coins on really good defense.
  • goat1313 wrote: »
    That's a pretty nice CS team. I saw earlier you pretty much change your entire team every season. Do you have a second team as well?

No, exactly, I decided to transform every season and forget about my own base team lol since the seasons are long and I dont think they will let us play with out dream teams anymore loll that makes me want to QUIT CS also... But its addictive isnt it lol
  • Ive won div 1 a few times with Kolzig in goal, I personally wouldnt spend much coins on a goalie. People will score on you no tmatter what goalie you have in higher divisins, better off spending coins on really good defense.

Thank you for your time and opinion :)
  • To some people that's a lot of coins but it's an upgrade. Do it, don't look back and just get more coins if you need them. It's an upgrade. I bought mov Tarasenko for 2.25 because it was the only player move left I had as an upgrade. I made the 96 Roy so I've had him since he came out -- only 98 Lundqvist compares.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    You can get a 95-97 Crosby in the 600-800K range... id do that
  • To some people that's a lot of coins but it's an upgrade. Do it, don't look back and just get more coins if you need them. It's an upgrade. I bought mov Tarasenko for 2.25 because it was the only player move left I had as an upgrade. I made the 96 Roy so I've had him since he came out -- only 98 Lundqvist compares.

Interesting. Thank you for your time. As a Habs fan yourself, you must feel the power and pleasure to have Roy on the net also loll if I get him, I think Ill get back Linden, Muller and Gilmour, and go back with the Habs jersey and logo :D
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    You can get a 95-97 Crosby in the 600-800K range... id do that

Thanks ! Why not Datsyuk ?
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »
    To some people that's a lot of coins but it's an upgrade. Do it, don't look back and just get more coins if you need them. It's an upgrade. I bought mov Tarasenko for 2.25 because it was the only player move left I had as an upgrade. I made the 96 Roy so I've had him since he came out -- only 98 Lundqvist compares.

Interesting. Thank you for your time. As a Habs fan yourself, you must feel the power and pleasure to have Roy on the net also loll if I get him, I think Ill get back Linden, Muller and Gilmour, and go back with the Habs jersey and logo :D

Yes! See it all makes sense now doesnt it? Any proud Habs fan knows better than the heathens with their scrub goalies, wallowing in the muck. The greatest goaler of all time, born in Quebec City. Bleu Blanc Rouge Forever!
  • PadrinoIV
    882 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    PadrinoIV wrote: »
    To some people that's a lot of coins but it's an upgrade. Do it, don't look back and just get more coins if you need them. It's an upgrade. I bought mov Tarasenko for 2.25 because it was the only player move left I had as an upgrade. I made the 96 Roy so I've had him since he came out -- only 98 Lundqvist compares.

Yes! See it all makes sense now doesnt it? Any proud Habs fan knows better than the heathens with their scrub goalies, wallowing in the muck. The greatest goaler of all time, born in Quebec City. Bleu Blanc Rouge Forever!

Hahahahah you really do rock !! Im tempted. But I learned early when I got in HUT for the first time that the game was about business and not heart, if you want to compete and make good deals to get coins. But then again, its my love for Kirk Muller that got me richer in the beginning. I'm torn. GO HABS GO
  • Also, what I understand is waiting for TOTY would be smart, to see who's there, but also to maybe grab a 600k player for cheaper. Am I right? And if so, when does TOTY get out usually ?