EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Seriously? Stamkos is getting a TOTY?

Replies

• h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    No his synergies are perfect for my team. So i wouldn't be losing anything other than a player I don't want to have to have in my line up.

I am thinking about throwing some out the window though for team wheel. Although I beat teams with team wheel it's just frustrating getting beat into the defensive zone by a team or having them set up before I even reach the zone.
  • Finch1965
    256 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    What a beauty of a CTOTY team. Ekblad, Horvart, Kuhnhackel (thanks to my fellow landsmen), Bishop and even Subban had just a mediocore season. If they stop with the voting right now, I would have several MOVs with an upgarde, including MOV Ekblad. However, I´m still thinking he never should get a TOTY card this season for his performances.

On the other hand Wheeler and Talbot, the best performers among the eligible players, are most likely out.

Thank you EA, and thank you to the twitter community for their objective voting.

The good thing is, everyone could just vote for one MOV or felloow landsman. Otherwiese we may would have experienced some more surprises.
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    No his synergies are perfect for my team. So i wouldn't be losing anything other than a player I don't want to have to have in my line up.

I am thinking about throwing some out the window though for team wheel. Although I beat teams with team wheel it's just frustrating getting beat into the defensive zone by a team or having them set up before I even reach the zone.

Yes I see
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    Finch1965 wrote: »
    What a beauty of a CTOTY team. Ekblad, Horvart, Kuhnhackel (thanks to my fellow landsmen), Bishop and even Subban had just a mediocore season. If they stop with the voting right now, I would have several MOVs with an upgarde, including MOV Ekblad. However, I´m still thinking he never should get a TOTY card this season for his performances.

On the other hand Wheeler and Talbot, the best performers among the eligible players, are most likely out.

Thank you EA, and thank you to the twitter community for their objective voting.

The good thing is, everyone could just vote for one MOV or felloow landsman. Otherwiese we may would have experienced some more surprises.

yea but bro, MOV Stamkos could end up being a 95...
  • Finch1965 wrote: »

Im sure they will find spots for them on the other 3 toty. Wheeler is basically a lock for DTOTY.
  • Anyone know when toty starts getting released
  • Shlog61
    375 posts Member

They should place a cap on how many guys you can vote for that have MOV.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    No that's stupid. I don't even have a movember but I know that those are huge money makers for people and they should be upgraded and such. It would be pointless if people couldn't vote and get those upgrades for those cards.
  • Yeah I don't really care. Vote for whoever you want. It's cool they let us do this any way. Like the Christmas player of the night stuff. I like it. Hell, i voted for wheeler. All my other movs will get an upgrade anyway
  • mitavittuanyt
    656 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    Yay. Got a steal, someone just listed Horvat for 45k. Guy is a BUST! But at least I'll make some profit with him :smile:

Even if Horvat gets a TOTY, he'll be a 91, maybe 92. How much more than 45K do you think that MOV (with only 3 synergies) is going to sell for? I don't see much profit in that investment at all.

Someone bought him for 95k. I guess 50k is nothing to you, but I'll gladly take it :blush:

Is that 4th line plug Kuhnhackl seriously getting TOTY over Wheeler and Jamie Benn? Just gotta love it :mask:

• ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    Yay. Got a steal, someone just listed Horvat for 45k. Guy is a BUST! But at least I'll make some profit with him :smile:

Even if Horvat gets a TOTY, he'll be a 91, maybe 92. How much more than 45K do you think that MOV (with only 3 synergies) is going to sell for? I don't see much profit in that investment at all.

Someone bought him for 95k. I guess 50k is nothing to you, but I'll gladly take it :blush:

Is that 4th line plug Kuhnhackl seriously getting TOTY over Wheeler and Jamie Benn? Just gotta love it :mask:

how much is Zetty selling for? did he start rising yet?
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »

He is around 170k now at cheapest. I guess I should sell him soon. Bought him for 80k and selling for close to 200. His MOV has bad synergies but will surely get his TOTY if it fits in my team .

Also sold Matthews for 280k. His MOV's price will be dropping like stone when his TOTY releases and all owners of his MOV will try to sell it :relaxed:
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »

He is around 170k now at cheapest. I guess I should sell him soon. Bought him for 80k and selling for close to 200. His MOV has bad synergies but will surely get his TOTY if it fits in my team .

Also sold Matthews for 280k. His MOV's price will be dropping like stone when his TOTY releases and all owners of his MOV will try to sell it :relaxed:

Wow, good for you...

the thing with my Movembers is I actually like every player and they all fit on my team (synergy and playstyle wise)... so depending on final overall and market value I may dump them to replace them with someone else or simply keep them
  • whoa whoa are you **** on roman "the goat" polak. every time he goes on a rush for no reason or when he takes a shot that either hits someone or misses the net entirely i see a man well deserving of a TOTY
  • Finch1965 wrote: »

Im sure they will find spots for them on the other 3 toty. Wheeler is basically a lock for DTOTY.

Wow, good for you...

the thing with my Movembers is I actually like every player and they all fit on my team (synergy and playstyle wise)... so depending on final overall and market value I may dump them to replace them with someone else or simply keep them

Same for me. Movs Bishop, matthews and Ekblad all fit my synergies so It's tough to sell them eventhough that could get me like 300-350k profit lol. Also I don't use any of the s2 synergies so toty cards will be useless to me I guess
  • They will have shitloads of synergies so they will be usefull even without s2 synergies in ur team, imagine a toty mathews with 2 tw, 2 b , 2 1t ...
  • EA would rather give popular players an upgraded card, it raises the chance of ppl buying packs. Many ppl will say 95 Stamkos :O here's my credit card !

• verrette99 wrote: »

Wow, good for you...

Same for me. Movs Bishop, matthews and Ekblad all fit my synergies so It's tough to sell them eventhough that could get me like 300-350k profit lol. Also I don't use any of the s2 synergies so toty cards will be useless to me I guess

Not so sure about that. When it comes to DTOTY, blocks, hits, takeaways, and advanced stats like Corsi and Fenwick are the key. And by looking at them, I wouldn't say Wheeler is close to being lock for DTOTY.
  • Oh my god the vote is a BUST!

There was apparently a way to vote multiple times, so now they fixed it and many players lost a bunch of votes. Kuhnhackl and Bishop dropped behind, which is IMO a good thing.

But could this really be so, that two of the biggest BUSTS among the players that were about to make the CTOTY were really voted too much by exploiting? Or is this just an excuse to drop them out?

Maybe EA heard their most loyal fans (like me obviously) moaning how total **** players were about to get in the team, and took matters in their own hands to not cause disappointment to us? We may never know. But really hope I don't have to see those BUSTS getting TOTY cards!!! :relaxed:

• I´m still thinking this CTOTY is more or less a joke, despite I can not complain because my MOV Stamkos will likely get an upgrade. I never expected this (only 17 games and a very rare and expensive MOV card), so I voted for Zetty. Like last year I tried to vote for a player which I like and who really performs among the eleigible players.

As much as I appreciate the unexpected boost for my favourite player Steven Stamkos, I still dont think Stamkos, Ekblad (which I also have as MOV), Subban, Rask or Horvart should be part of this CTOTY. In the meantime other players like Zetterberg and Wheeler still have to fight for their place in CTOTY (not so sure about Wheeler due to his TOTW) and other well performing players like Talbot and Fowler are already out.

All NHL spots will go to players with MOV cards. So at the the end this is more or less a ROMOV-TOTY (Rest of MOV TOTY).At least I´m glad players like Ladd, Larkin, Domi didn`t make it

However, it is what it is and some guys will be happy with the upgrades.