EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Seriously? Stamkos is getting a TOTY?

Replies

• Finch1965 wrote: »
    I´m still thinking this CTOTY is more or less a joke, despite I can not complain because my MOV Stamkos will likely get an upgrade. I never expected this (only 17 games and a very rare and expensive MOV card), so I voted for Zetty. Like last year I tried to vote for a player which I like and who really performs among the eleigible players.

As much as I appreciate the unexpected boost for my favourite player Steven Stamkos, I still dont think Stamkos, Ekblad (which I also have as MOV), Subban, Rask or Horvart should be part of this CTOTY. In the meantime other players like Zetterberg and Wheeler still have to fight for their place in CTOTY (not so sure about Wheeler due to his TOTW) and other well performing players like Talbot and Fowler are already out.

All NHL spots will go to players with MOV cards. So at the the end this is more or less a ROMOV-TOTY (Rest of MOV TOTY).At least I´m glad players like Ladd, Larkin, Domi didn`t make it

However, it is what it is and some guys will be happy with the upgrades.

But the point is stats and their play do not matter. It's popular vote. Players having good years received cards during the season and will be on other toty sets
  • I'm so happy I sold Matthews for 280k. Now there are people trying to get rid of him for like 240k :blush:

Prices are dropping for pretty much every MOV who is now surely in CTOTY. If you didn't sell guys like Simmonds and Draisaitl...now it's already too late!!! :grimace:
  • I'm so happy I sold Matthews for 280k. Now there are people trying to get rid of him for like 240k :blush:

Prices are dropping for pretty much every MOV who is now surely in CTOTY. If you didn't sell guys like Simmonds and Draisaitl...now it's already too late!!! :grimace:

Ekblad and Horvat still stable
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Their prices are low anyway though
    I´m still thinking this CTOTY is more or less a joke, despite I can not complain because my MOV Stamkos will likely get an upgrade. I never expected this (only 17 games and a very rare and expensive MOV card), so I voted for Zetty. Like last year I tried to vote for a player which I like and who really performs among the eleigible players.

As much as I appreciate the unexpected boost for my favourite player Steven Stamkos, I still dont think Stamkos, Ekblad (which I also have as MOV), Subban, Rask or Horvart should be part of this CTOTY. In the meantime other players like Zetterberg and Wheeler still have to fight for their place in CTOTY (not so sure about Wheeler due to his TOTW) and other well performing players like Talbot and Fowler are already out.

All NHL spots will go to players with MOV cards. So at the the end this is more or less a ROMOV-TOTY (Rest of MOV TOTY).At least I´m glad players like Ladd, Larkin, Domi didn`t make it

However, it is what it is and some guys will be happy with the upgrades.

At least this year it has gone pretty clean and easy.This shows the mods here arent doing a good job ( last years desaster process), im sure they have bigger problems but if you develop a task at least be more implicated in it.
    Since movs are in game its obvious the Ctoty is about that. I really dont see nothing wrong with it, i wouldve loved a Iginla and Carter toty but they didnt have movs so no chance lol

• PadrinoIV
    884 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    h8ttrick wrote: »
    Their prices are low anyway though

Yeah, true, not the same game/hype as those he mentionned ! Just adding to the "MARKET WATCH" loll

Lol.. good for you bro. you are timing the market well...

I would love to get that TOTY or MOV stamkos... but I think he will be insanely expensive

I dont get why those drop now that they sure made it, but they skyrocketed when there was a POSSIBILITY they would made it.
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »
    I'm so happy I sold Matthews for 280k. Now there are people trying to get rid of him for like 240k :blush:

I dont get why those drop now that they sure made it, but they skyrocketed when there was a POSSIBILITY they would made it.

Probably because in that moment evryone tried to sell his card. Many players already gather coins for TOTY because the assume these players will 5-8 synergies (instead of 3 like the MOVs). However, these syns will be probably a mix of new and old snys so at the end there will be likely 3 useful synse again. Anyway, I stick to my current team.
  • anyone want to sell me a MOV stamkos for 500k? :#
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    anyone want to sell me a MOV stamkos for 500k? :#

Haha :p
    Og'sån'er'det!
    PadrinoIV wrote: »
    I'm so happy I sold Matthews for 280k. Now there are people trying to get rid of him for like 240k :blush:

Probably because in that moment evryone tried to sell his card. Many players already gather coins for TOTY because the assume these players will 5-8 synergies (instead of 3 like the MOVs). However, these syns will be probably a mix of new and old snys so at the end there will be likely 3 useful synse again. Anyway, I stick to my current team.

Thanks
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Mov stammer isn't good espo
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    Mov stammer isn't good espo

you're crazy
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    He will just get injured every game. When someone has a stammer I just hit him with graves one time he breaks everytime. I'm like Ivan drago and stammer is Apollo
  • I have his 91 WCOH card and he's only been injured once in like 100 games
  • The best hidden gem is Asg Havlat, my favorite player by far
  • mad_rob38 wrote: »
    The best hidden gem is Asg Havlat, my favorite player by far

Try the 90 MS Cammalleri.
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    anyone want to sell me a MOV stamkos for 500k? :#
    h8ttrick wrote: »
    He will just get injured every game. When someone has a stammer I just hit him with graves one time he breaks everytime. I'm like Ivan drago and stammer is Apollo

I use MOV Stamkos since November for more than 400 games. In all this time he was maybe two or three times injured, which suits to most of my other players, too.

Sure a player like MOV Ovechkin is far more physcial and nobody can push him easy around. Stamkos is far more sensitive for checking, which is his only weakness. However, he is more stable than Kane, Gaudreau and other speedy players. And in that matter, his mixture of speed and dynamic is unmatched (HNV Booth is similar but less accurate when it comes to shooting).

I love my MOV Ovi but I love my MOV Stamkos a bit more. With +4 or +5 he will be even more extiting.
  • I WANTTTTTTTTTTTTT :s :s :s :s :s :s :s