EA Forums - Banner

Ping Spiking in Versus

is this a known issue? in EASHL it's at a steady 15ms-20ms and a flat green line, when i play versus it spikes up to 800. doesn't matter if i am home or away and happens every single game i've played so far.

the EASHL network indicator and dsl reports show my ping is steady if that helps.

Replies

• You are connecting to another person's console across their network.

It's an anything goes cage match. Ladders. Steel chairs. Eating turnbuckles.
  • if it happens every game it must be your connection.call your ip and ask them to check your signal for strength and noise.
    THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni
  • You are connecting to another person's console across their network.

It's an anything goes cage match. Ladders. Steel chairs. Eating turnbuckles.

thanks for the response.

in previous years i never seemed to have this problem though... a game here and there would be laggy, but every single one i play? am i just having bad luck matching up with people with crappy internet then?
  • if it happens every game it must be your connection.call your ip and ask them to check your signal for strength and noise.

yeah good idea, i'll get on the chat with xfinity and have them check my upstream SNR again. what's weird though, is when i have had signal issues or noise in the past, it affects the EASHL and i'd lag like crazy in GTA. that's not happening now, just versus and shootouts.
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    What do your console network tests reflect ("detailed" stats on xbox for example)? Any packet loss?

But if you get this on vs or hut and not eashl then it likely isn't your connection.

It's likely a lovely kid destroying his download or upload for fun, or wifi player, or a LTE hotspot player or just some dude with bad internet or even lan issues.
    Post edited by BoboFloggins on
  • EASHL = dedicated server VS/HUT = Peer to peer.

Peer to peer lags because everyone thinks its okay to play online on wifi and with there slow internet which was never meant for online gaming.

A lot of laggers play this game online, Part of the problem is EA they need to make better servers.
  • ea has a trace route that can help identify issues.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/
    THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni

snr up 39.6
    snr down 35.4
    recieve power level upstream-7.8

are these numbers are all within spec?
  • What do your console network tests reflect ("detailed" stats on xbox for example)? Any packet loss?

But if you get this on vs or hut and not eashl then it likely isn't your connection.

It's likely a lovely kid destroying his download or upload for fun, or wifi player, or a LTE hotspot player or just some dude with bad internet or even lan issues.

detailed stats are:

90 down
    12 up
    nat open
    0 packet loss
    ping 62
    behind cone nat