Patch Notes 1.07

Replies

• Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    Follisimo wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    well, here's ONE thing (among so many) that WASN'T fixed in update 1.07:

RUDMgxr.gif

Oh I know that feeling all to well. Somehow the goalie pad decides it's going to arc up in an unrealistic manner. You would think they would do a better job at making the goalie pads flush with the ice, but nooooooooooope

Maybe your goalies hip is out of place causing him to not be able to put his pad flush to the ice ?
  • This game SUCKS !
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Follisimo wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    well, here's ONE thing (among so many) that WASN'T fixed in update 1.07:

RUDMgxr.gif

Oh I know that feeling all to well. Somehow the goalie pad decides it's going to arc up in an unrealistic manner. You would think they would do a better job at making the goalie pads flush with the ice, but nooooooooooope

I know that Ben said it was an animation blending issue or something along those lines. My beef with this is that it was a problem that was discovered during (or maybe BEFORE) the BETA... This patch brought the game to 1.07 and we're STILL having to deal with this??

In the last 5 games I played, I've had to deal with this twice already. I've also had the puck go through my legs twice as well when the goalie refused to move and close his legs on a slow moving shot. Let's not even mention the dozen or so goals from the goal line that the goalie can't handle even if you're hugging the post. Plus a handful of goals where the forward just plowed into me with the puck and scored.

That's just in the 5 games I had the stomach to complete... So I'm REAAAAAAAAAALLY curious to know what this patch supposedly "fixed".
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Just played a few games, it's still terrible. Don't get your hopes up anyone. So many garbage goals. This game is pure cancer. Set up good plays and cycle the puck, no goals. Carry the puck into the zone, lose it multiple times trying to dangle through everyone, get it back, shoot immediately, scores top corner.

This game puts me in a bad mood every single time I play it now, even winning is frustrating.
    I couldn't agree more. They've killed defense. If you look at ea sports world in the first few years (09-11) I had nothing but awesome poke checks off the d at the blue line for game winning breakaway. Now when I get a great poke the puck just never goes behind the guy. I do get a breakaway occasionally, but I'd say the odds are about 1 in 100. Absolutely pathetic.
  • This forum is so funny. You have one side, the people who play online to compete head to head, and there are several very good players on here. They have legitimate gripes about the game, and most of them are long time grizzled veterans who know what they're talking about.

Then you have the other side, who play offline, telling online players to "adjust" or "git gud" as they are scoring 120+ goals a season with their 75 overall rookies, saying how "sim" the game is. The irony being that the reason they don't play online is because they can't adjust. So they want to continue to have 200 point seasons against the braindead AI and feel good about themselves while trying to condescend to the online players who would most likely destroy them in a 1v1 game.

And there are the NHL forums in a wrap.

Now get mad! Go!
  • The issue with the rebound goals isn't that there are rebound goals. If course there are a ton of rebound goals in the NHL, noone is disputing that. The problem is that in this game it is a legitimate strategy to cross the blue line and fire a slowish wrister to the far side of the net the ENTIRE game and get goals (we play against a team like this probably 20% of the time in Division 1. If a team did this in real hockey, they would win 0% of the time because 1) goalies can redirect shots like this into the corner more often than not or 2) if I know it is coming on D I can just anticipate, pick up the puck and get rid of it. These two things do not happen in this game. As a D I almost feel helpless when that slow wrister comes, hoping my guy gets it before their's does, even if I am there first.
  • RSall14
    600 posts Member
    Still no update to the stickied patch notes thread. They must really care about their game :|

Wouldn't be surprised if they're delaying them for the sole purpose of fixing the connection issues they caused.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Still no update to the stickied patch notes thread. They must really care about their game :|

Wouldn't be surprised if they're delaying them for the sole purpose of fixing the connection issues they caused.

yeah - big sigh
  • Nystyle4683
    44 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    the only real pet peeve thing I am finding after the patch is that the cpu is scoring more per game on junk goals and goals that my cpu teammate defense gift wraps them multiple times per game. Also I notice that my cpu controlled defense constantly go two men to the puck and leave the front of the net wide open for easy cpu one timers in front of the net. Doesn't matter what strategy I use so I have to be aware of this and take control of the center and basically park myself in front of my own net the entire time they have it in my zone.

CPU also seems more aggressive. Their hit numbers are consistently higher; which I have wanted for a long time.

They also seem to score a lot right after (less than a minute) after I score a gola
  • just played a few games on the new tuner. goalies are worse and one timers have been nerfed.

there are your patch notes.
  • Just played goalie in LG with lowest ping response of 69. New patch notes, **** the servers.
  • "Guess the patch notes", hey, it's like a mini game!
  • RSall14
    600 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Can't wait to here what excuse they use this time...
  • ThatPope1
    34 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I think the patch notes on the first page are accurate. This wasn't a big game changing patch, that's probably why they haven't said anything about it.