EA Forums - Banner

Rankings (Competitive Season)

Prev1
How are the points per game / rankings decided? Started 0-3 but 9-1-1 in last 11 and still like 8000th?

Replies

• an OT loss is basically a loss...

so you're 9-5... its more of a game of ratio... you would need to be like 15-5 to be ranked in ~ top 1000
  • Shlog61
    375 posts Member
    If you start 0-3 you're basically screwed.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Ya the initial games are the most important
  • Dang. Oh well. Next round.
  • Thanks guys.
  • If your a casual online player like myself and play roughly .500 hockey the competitive season is a big waste of time. If you win a game you go down about 1000 points if you lose a game you go up about 2000 points so it's one step forward two steps back. Unless you can string together a few wins in a row consistently your never getting out of the 6000-7000 range. EA does not match you up based on your record so you end up with some big mismatches so stringing together competitive games that give you a chance at a few winning streaks is all but impossible. Add in that goalies no matter what rating have way too many games where 2 goals float in on the first 2 shots and it's just not worth it
  • well.. I mean... it is called Competitive Seasons, so you'd have to assume its going to be difficult, no?
  • I was going to say, the fact that it's not good for any ol casual player is good. It's competitive seasons for a reason. I love the fact that skill is finally being rewarded. The annoying part is there are an abnormal amount of raggers who play and it feels like a lot of connection manipulators, can't be a coincidence when the game gets laggy as hell once I'm up 2-0.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Skill finally being rewarded? Skating over the line and blasting away scoring 3 goals on 3 shots is hardly skill. I have too many games where I actually dominate someone in time of possession and shots and still lose. Outshooting your opponent 33 - 8 and losing 4 - 1 is hardly being rewarded for skill. It goes both ways as there are some seriously skilled guys out there but too often they only beat me 2-1 or I even squeak out a 2-1 Win despite being totally outplayed by a better player. add in that EA does nothing about the leader boards being dominated by the same cheaters season after season and "Competive Seasons" starts to sound like a poor title for it. Meh I'm done with HUT, MLB the Show is out next week and Diamond Dynasty makes HUT seem like an Atari 2600 game and skill actually matters
  • I spent my preorder money for the show on cards for hut. And then some
  • So if you start a season 3–0 and get a decent ranking maybe top 200 at the time, are you tell me that person will have a better ranking than someone who started 1–2 and started with a garbage rating but then went on a 10 game tear to finish 12-2?

I would personally take a 12–2 over a 3–0 anytime but hey, I'm not in charge of rankings. I'll just stick to my day job

• Finished 13-5-1 after losing first 3. Just over 2000th place.
  • Shlog61
    375 posts Member
    I spent my preorder money for the show on cards for hut. And then some

So exciting for the show
  • Win your first 3 and your in the top 1000...2 and 1 and your 1000-4000...lose 3 and your pretty much where you are currently at and its hard to get back...I have been finishing between 500-1500 and play roughly 3-4 games per round and finish with like a 10-2 record if that helps
  • noted. maybe i'll "try" this next season...
  • this game mode is the most inconsistent ****. So much **** happens in this game mode, going back to regular season was such a difference for the better
  • Shlog61
    375 posts Member
    this game mode is the most inconsistent ****. So much **** happens in this game mode, going back to regular season was such a difference for the better

I agree there is something weird with CS.
  • Still confused. I got 27 points for a win in CS last night. 27 points!?!? What was the point of even playing? Lots to lose almost nothing to gain.
  • Still confused. I got 27 points for a win in CS last night. 27 points!?!? What was the point of even playing? Lots to lose almost nothing to gain.

you beat someone who was easy to beat... you go up less if your opponent isn't ranked as high
  • I beat a desyncer and got 20. Ha. Not only is he horrible at the game, but he can't even cheat right.