EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Price for toty collectibles.

Prev13
h8ttrick
1661 posts Member
Now do people realize that the price of these collectibles is more than the price for the players you would receive? 15 collectibles for 80k a piece millions there.

Replies

• 1.2 including Carbons. Divided by 3 = 400k avg. Not out of line I dont think?
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    No it's just 1.2 for the collectibles. I feel like they shouldn't be that much maybe I'm losing my mind
  • During ototy this trio set will be worth it. I can see coll raising except they release a crazy set with guaranteed coll. But 400 k for a guaranteed ototy card is well worth it
  • mad_rob38 wrote: »
    During ototy this trio set will be worth it. I can see coll raising except they release a crazy set with guaranteed coll. But 400 k for a guaranteed ototy card is well worth it

And that's why they aren't dropping in price
  • Who here is looking to build an "All TOTY Team"?

Not me!

I'd be happy to have 1 of Raymond or Horvat...
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Had kuznetsov then sold him. Want someone Blackhawks associated
  • Dixonyu
    649 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    mad_rob38 wrote: »
    During ototy this trio set will be worth it. I can see coll raising except they release a crazy set with guaranteed coll. But 400 k for a guaranteed ototy card is well worth it

Ya but who's gonna be the five snubbed players ? Tarasenko, Pavelski, Kessel, benn , tavares ? and how many people are gonna pull and try to sell them ?

I'd say those players are worth their value, a chance they might throw Ovechkin in there, although he is pretty far back on goals and points , but supply and demand might make them a great buy.
  • Bmh245
    859 posts Member
    mad_rob38 wrote: »

A guaranteed OTOTY card that might be one of the minor-league or European players. You really think that's worth a 400K gamble?

• I also agree it's worth a gamble. But that's at current prices. Any night there are only about 75 collectables available. I have a feeling they go up tonight. Mcdavid, marner, Hamilton, kuch. There are going to be some sick cards tonight.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Ya there will be tempted to cash in the 5 I have for a chance at a toty but who knows
  • you guys are funny thinking the sets wont change
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    you guys are funny thinking the sets wont change

As far as i understand the only change is the snubbed player set,the rest stays the same
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »

As far as i understand the only change is the snubbed player set,the rest stays the same

Correct, and the master sets can only be done once! Prices are definitely going to drop.

http://www.easports.com/nhl/hockey-ultimate-team/news/2017/team-of-the-year-set
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Gosh I hope they do drop. Although the snubbed players can be repeated. I have a feeling with these under twenty and offensive there will be players people want. Although under 23 will have terrible poise.
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »

if the sets stayed the same, why bother putting in a Collectible re-roll set and waste 2 gold collectibles for no reason? if everyone can be used in any set?
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Because snubbed players change!
    You need certain collectibles for those when specific toty comes out. Read the link espo it is right there.
  • exactly..
  • 1 pay 1.15m for collectible

I openned Murray/Wenberg/Eichel

Sell Murray for 550k , buy Panarin for 474k

Now Panarin is average 625k , wenberg 450k and Eichel 500k . I made a pretty good deal . If i openned Pasternak Laine or McDavid , it will be assurate that i will do money . At opposite , i had 7/20 chance to open bad player , 2 chance to open middle player (Skej and Severson) and 11 chance to opened a good player
  • calculated risk.
  • When will the packs with guaranteed collectibles come? I'm sure they will be expensive...but they will be ripped. Hopefully carbon's rebound once this happens.