EA Forums - Banner

Did something happened?

Jonny81swe
23 posts Member
edited March 2017
I have a very loosy team with guys between 84-87 except for Carter that I luckely got in a pack. Perhaps not the best player in this game but still not that bad at the game since in 16 I won division 1 multiple times with simular team.

Before this weekend I was struggling in division 1 and even won quite often with my low attribute team against teams with Ovechin etc but ever since around friday I hardly can't win a game anymore and demoted currently to division 3

My first game in division 3 I barely won in OT and my second I lost with 1 goal while I normally have a walk in the park against players that I outplay in faceoffs, pass, hitts and time on attack

I hardly can't make a wrist shot or slap shot goal anymore, all I manage to do is lucky bounce goals and one timers that I could make with a bronse squat while on top of it my team shoots outside the net all the friggin time

I lose all my board battles and constantly get stick lifted by my opponents AI while I fooled the human controlled character that hardly don't know how to defend himself

I get it, EA wants it to be a pay to win game but it's ridicolous how it favour players with the best attributes. And yes I know it's not hard to get a much better team than I got but why would I spend time and money making a great team when I know that the next guy could had spent more money than me and still come out of the top. What a bad design
Post edited by Jonny81swe on

Replies

• i need to save this post to show people who claim 85s play the same as 95s
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    This is awesome. Lol take that ice tilt!
  • Please ive dumped lots of money into this game and I blow
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    See it's all about who is on the sticks
  • Honestly , two week ago i have a decent team like you with Carter-Mackinnon-Konecny-Larkin-Nyquist etc and in season i finish 184 . Now i have power-house club like Panarin 97 McDavid 99 Eichel 96 and few others and im in top 60 . Yeah it's make a difference , but if your good , you always find a way to win . But yeah , good team help you
  • I find players with higher then 90 ratings knock down passes going through them ie ( def awareness)
    And will win most battles when ur having a stick lifting contest and the puck is loose .
    Some synergies bump that even higher and make it real hard for base cards to keep up
  • butch2653 wrote: »
    Honestly , two week ago i have a decent team like you with Carter-Mackinnon-Konecny-Larkin-Nyquist etc and in season i finish 184 . Now i have power-house club like Panarin 97 McDavid 99 Eichel 96 and few others and im in top 60 . Yeah it's make a difference , but if your good , you always find a way to win . But yeah , good team help you

perfectly said
  • This is why I don't play HUT, I play up to div 1 because I do like the grind of getting there. Once I'm there and have won div 1 title I just play ovp where it's actually fair and ppl can't pay for an advantage. Hut is the biggest joke when it comes to competition... a team of 99's vs a team of 88's in a ranked online mode haha
  • butch2653 wrote: »
    Honestly , two week ago i have a decent team like you with Carter-Mackinnon-Konecny-Larkin-Nyquist etc and in season i finish 184 . Now i have power-house club like Panarin 97 McDavid 99 Eichel 96 and few others and im in top 60 . Yeah it's make a difference , but if your good , you always find a way to win . But yeah , good team help you
    It only works if you outplay someone with miles, if you can do that you are a lot better than the average division 1 player.

I find it superhard when someone with +95 shooting can constantly score on me with wrist or slappers from the blueline even when I lock them out from coming close to my goalie while they can protect the puck all day long as if they had glue on their stick

You also need the fastest defensemen you are able to get to prevent breakaways since often the AI don't realize what's going on until opponents are way past and often when you try to change player it doesn't work before it's too late.

Breakaways and shoots from the blue is a nightmare to handle with a bad team
  • Jonny81swe wrote: »
    butch2653 wrote: »
    It only works if you outplay someone with miles, if you can do that you are a lot better than the average division 1 player.

I find it superhard when someone with +95 shooting can constantly score on me with wrist or slappers from the blueline even when I lock them out from coming close to my goalie while they can protect the puck all day long as if they had glue on their stick

You also need the fastest defensemen you are able to get to prevent breakaways since often the AI don't realize what's going on until opponents are way past and often when you try to change player it doesn't work before it's too late.

Breakaways and shoots from the blue is a nightmare to handle with a bad team

No you don't, you need good strategies and positioning
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    And you don't need to have both of your d men pinching....I do that all the time lol
  • Jonny81swe
    23 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    No you don't, you need good strategies and positioning
    How, I loose the puck on the left side and the right defenseman hardly responds when opponents hugs the board on the opposite side and I often have problem choosing him since others are closer and someone with 99 speed crosses the blue lines in 2.5 seconds

It's just like when you have 1-3-1 and someone goes on the left side, it's horrible when the d man just stand still like a mongo

I either use 1-4 or 1-2-2 red conservative and it still doesnt help and if a strategy doesnt work I often switch several times until my team performs better
    h8ttrick wrote: »
    And you don't need to have both of your d men pinching....I do that all the time lol

I often want them to pinch so my opponents so I can hit them with a winger but perhaps they go down faster if I change it to hold the line instead