EA Forums - Banner

East & West Matchmaking and Lag

What is being done about the matchmaking and lag? Western players continue to be matched up with eastern players on East host. This causes terrible lag and ruins the game. We keep bringing this up and nothing is being done to fix this. Where is the patch to force region to West? Get your act together EA. This is unacceptable.

Replies

• Are you talking drop ins...or club?
  • Here's a simple idea. (Hopefully it is)
    Give us a setting to search west or east only.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I know it tries to find the best matchup, but we should have an option search on one server only
  • Socair
    2642 posts Game Changer
    Yes a forced region exclusive search is needed again.
    This best region one was put in place to help central based users, but it's flawed. There has been a problem with server routing for a lot of west users for months and they are getting east as their recommended region. So, naturally the game is going to search east as the best region.
    However, even when all users on a team are west recommended (which often takes multiple restarts to achieve) there is still match ups with east teams. We have to check ping prior to puck drop and quit if it's higher than what we know is west. Really sucks and would love to know why this is happening.
  • exactly why I won't be buying 18. I've been complaining about this since launch basically and it still wasn't addressed. Hopefully the entire west skips NHL 18 as well. No excuse, it's total trash.
  • Are you talking drop ins...or club?

I only play drop-in and club. The issue is prevalent in both. Club gives you the option to search for "best" region or whatever, but it is garbage. The matchmaking is broken. Otherwise, it would match us on a West server every time. We should have the option to force it to a specific server/region of choice.

The system is completely broken now. We can't even tell if the connection is bad until we get into a game because there is no information on ping or server. It just shows the useless connection quality with the bars in the matchup screen. Of course.... once the game loads, you are screwed if you back out as it counts as a loss. You don't even have the grace period to test connection before quitting anymore. Things should be clear to the user and customizable in regards to matchmaking and connecting to other players. This needs to be fixed ASAP as it is ruining the game and keeps people from wanting to play it.
  • They don't care plain and simple this game sucks due to servers !!!!
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Are you talking drop ins...or club?

I only play drop-in and club. The issue is prevalent in both. Club gives you the option to search for "best" region or whatever, but it is garbage. The matchmaking is broken. Otherwise, it would match us on a West server every time. We should have the option to force it to a specific server/region of choice.

The system is completely broken now. We can't even tell if the connection is bad until we get into a game because there is no information on ping or server. It just shows the useless connection quality with the bars in the matchup screen. Of course.... once the game loads, you are screwed if you back out as it counts as a loss. You don't even have the grace period to test connection before quitting anymore. Things should be clear to the user and customizable in regards to matchmaking and connecting to other players. This needs to be fixed ASAP as it is ruining the game and keeps people from wanting to play it.
    Right, they need to give us the option to search our region only, I wouldn't mind waiting a little longer to find a smooth running game...in the meantime they should atleast show us the ping screen before game starts to let us know what we're getting into.
  • xxH3llsp4wNxx
    253 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    ^^^ let us know how many clubs are playing as well. I really can't figure out why they removed match region and changed it to use best location? How does that benefit anybody at all?
  • Why is it most games offer you a choice of servers, and the ping to each one? NHL has never done this. They are so far behind the times....