EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Think I figured out what's up with ip booting

h8ttrick
1661 posts Member
First has anyone been ip booted as the away team?

I think it has something to do with you being the away team. Had a guy I know ip boots get matched against me and he refused to play as the home team twice. Play a game come get matched again he was away immediately accepting the game. Lol what's up with that?

Replies

• Idk for you post , but your username tell me something . Do you ever play a team called ''Thewhitepanda''?
  • That is a very interesting observation have to keep an eye out for that thanks for the Post
  • I believe the home team is the "host", I have played about 700 games this year, I fast internet and I have about 30 home games, out of 80 homes games with a friend with slower internet...I have 5 home games...I think that the slower connection hosts
  • Hoolio99 wrote: »
    I believe the home team is the "host", I have played about 700 games this year, I fast internet and I have about 30 home games, out of 80 homes games with a friend with slower internet...I have 5 home games...I think that the slower connection hosts

uqF6Z.jpg

Nashville Predators Fan. NHL19 Russia - https://vk.com/nhl19_nhl_19_ps4_xboxone
  • haha there you go..thanks
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Well if you are the host wouldn't you be the one who would be more vulnerable to someone ip booting?

I really don't know just made an observation and I'm not going to name the guys name on here I have already reported him several times they arent doing anything.
  • IP booting is just a DDos attack. Basically flooding the other player with rapid requests and packets. It floods their router/modem until the connection times out. Doesn't matter if your host or not.