EA Forums - Banner

EA required by law to release information on HUT packs? Questions for EA's expert team, Please Reply

Replies

• fcamodeo wrote: »
    I agtee 100% EA has been misleading peeps for years. I have complained about this but has fallen on deaf ears. At least advertise a pack with a gauranteed toty or pog or young gun player. Or better yet haw about EA doing a promo month. Where they match a pack. For every pack you buy weather its with cssh or coin they give u an additional pack absolutely free. Now that might be interesting....

This is not being misleading.

They have NOT been misleading. They say you get 2 Rares in a pack and you get 2 rares. They put a guaranteed wcoh collectable in a pack and it's there. Just because you don't get a good card doesn't mean they are being misleading.

As I pointed out in my previous post, it is misleading when they advertise that a 94 sidney crosby card is just as rare as any other 85 overall card. both are considered to be rare but clearly you don't have the same odds of pulling the 94 as you do the 85. Clearly this is misleading.
  • I'm also still waiting for a response from an actual representative of EA as I was assure that EA's "expert team" meticulously monitors these forums so they can answer questions like these.
  • smokin666
    617 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm also still waiting for a response from an actual representative of EA as I was assure that EA's "expert team" meticulously monitors these forums so they can answer questions like these.
    Now that is funny
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • I strongly believe they would legally be forced to tell the odds of packs bought with real money, yes.
  • fcamodeo wrote: »
    I agtee 100% EA has been misleading peeps for years. I have complained about this but has fallen on deaf ears. At least advertise a pack with a gauranteed toty or pog or young gun player. Or better yet haw about EA doing a promo month. Where they match a pack. For every pack you buy weather its with cssh or coin they give u an additional pack absolutely free. Now that might be interesting....

This is not being misleading.

They have NOT been misleading. They say you get 2 Rares in a pack and you get 2 rares. They put a guaranteed wcoh collectable in a pack and it's there. Just because you don't get a good card doesn't mean they are being misleading.

As I pointed out in my previous post, it is misleading when they advertise that a 94 sidney crosby card is just as rare as any other 85 overall card. both are considered to be rare but clearly you don't have the same odds of pulling the 94 as you do the 85. Clearly this is misleading.

Can you provide this advertising? Maybe I missed something.
  • You got some bad cards. We all have. Move on
  • Ok I'm not going to move on until I get some real answers. You asked a good question there and then two minutes later you thought for some reason better not follow that line of inquiry and just move on. There are only two ratings of cards, common, and rare. Any card that has an overall rating of 85 or above is considered to be rare. To see this you only need to pull up the information for any card by clicking the right stick and you can see where it is listed as either common or rare. Obviously this is extremely misleading and possibly false advertising as I can say with 100% certainty that the 94 overall Sidney Crosby card is by many orders of magnitude, harder to pull than any other 85 overall card.

By listing both cards as rare, this implies that you are just as likely to pull a 94 Crosby as any other 85 card and that is factually not true. Please tell me where I'm wrong.

• h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Just so you know what you are doing right now is like what tom Hanks did in survivor...You are basically talking to a volleyball you named Wilson and painted a face on.

No one from ea checks these one of the mods on here made a tournament took everyone's money and we don't know what happened to him...

This is basically a place for people to vent and speculate. Better luck paying tons of money to a lawyer to talk to ea will probably save you time and money. You can talk till you are blue in the face no one is coming.
  • Here's an example/rule of thumb.

If TOTY collectibles are selling for 75000 on the market, it will cost you around 300000 in packs to pull one.

There's nothing preventing them from tweaking the odds of pulling a special card during peak times either.

There are no rules.
  • If you think your odds of pulling a 94 card and a 85 card are the same, then I don't know what to say to you other than good luck in life.
  • If you think your odds of pulling a 94 card and a 85 card are the same, then I don't know what to say to you other than good luck in life.

His point is that an 85 and a 94 shouldn't be both labeled as rares. I kinda agree with that tbh.

• My only other experience with a system like this is the show. And they have it broken down with commons, bronze, silver, golds and diamonds. I think I like that system of ranking better. But NHL has always been this way.
  • And I'm not saying I don't t agree with that. But it's not misleading

If you got from his comments​ that he is saying odds of pulling 85 and 94 card are the same, then dude you're the one who will need lots of luck in life
  • Gold rare according to EA is the COLOR coded " ranking" on the cards

They've just made it way too broad . The gap between 85 and higher , waters down the chances or odds

In my opinion 85 - 90 gold rare
    And 90 + should be re labelled as diamond or whatever your choosing
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    so now this is a question of proper labels?

I agree that calling an 85 card rare as well as a 98MS Crosby as rare is silly... but not as silly as someone assuming the odds of pulling each of those cards should be the same simply because they are both labeled as "rare" cards...

if calling those cards something different will end the "confusion" then just call them something different...
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Ya but they can make the odds the same for each card there are just so many 85+ cards now it doesn't really matter if they make one more rare or less rare. You will always pull more 85s because there are more of them.
  • Yeah the expansion really flooded the market with bad rare cards. I agree there should be more tiers. I just think it's silly to say it's misleading.

In the show I think it's under 70 is common. 70-79 bronze. 80-85 silver 86-89 gold. 90+ diamond. But most packs don't guarantee anything. Just like 4 players and 2 equipment cards. But NHL has always been this way. So I doubt it's changing
  • Yeah the expansion really flooded the market with bad rare cards. I agree there should be more tiers. I just think it's silly to say it's misleading.

In the show I think it's under 70 is common. 70-79 bronze. 80-85 silver 86-89 gold. 90+ diamond. But most packs don't guarantee anything. Just like 4 players and 2 equipment cards. But NHL has always been this way. So I doubt it's changing

Diamond is 93+. And you will see packs that guarantee something in the future.
  • verrette99 wrote: »
    Yeah the expansion really flooded the market with bad rare cards. I agree there should be more tiers. I just think it's silly to say it's misleading.

Diamond is 93+. And you will see packs that guarantee something in the future.

OK thanks. DD is new to me. I needed something to spend more money on during the summer before NHL 18 comes out