EA Forums - Banner

has something changed?

I'm not sure what is going on, but my guys are playing like pee wee players just learning the game.

On offense I am missing one timers (like swing and miss) almost every time. Passes aren't being completed in front of the net. Positioning by my guys has been trash. And they are getting knocked off the puck like nothing. I get tapped, they lose it. And my own AI skating into me as I'm bringing it past center ice.

On defense if the other team is crossing center ice my guys hug the blue line and just get skated by, my AI just stands around not doing anything (they used to get involved with body checks, poke checks, and stuck lift). People spam A and just skate around my guys all game and there is no hope of knocking it away from them. Easy saves from weak wrist shots go in from everwhere. My goalie used to be good now he is giving up 5 goals on 20 shots almost every game(almost all weak wristers).

My team is really good on paper but have just been playing like idiots.

1st line - MOV Ovi, AS McDavid, MOV Pavelski
2nd - Keith Tkachuk, 99 Datsyuk, and Bure
3rd - Sullivan, MOV Thorton, MOV Tarasenko
4th - Ryan Smyth, Richards, Linden

Defense is MOV Burns, Blake, MOV Josi, Macinnis, Murphy, and Foote

Goalies - AS Holtby and WCOH Joseph

What is working for you guys as far as strategies, I'm will to try anything. This Comp season I'm 5000th, the ones before I was alway around 1500th... the past month has been horrible. Any ideas thrown out are much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• Have you tried turning your console off and then on again?
  • I'm not sure what is going on, but my guys are playing like pee wee players just learning the game.

On offense I am missing one timers (like swing and miss) almost every time. Passes aren't being completed in front of the net. Positioning by my guys has been trash. And they are getting knocked off the puck like nothing. I get tapped, they lose it. And my own AI skating into me as I'm bringing it past center ice.

On defense if the other team is crossing center ice my guys hug the blue line and just get skated by, my AI just stands around not doing anything (they used to get involved with body checks, poke checks, and stuck lift). People spam A and just skate around my guys all game and there is no hope of knocking it away from them. Easy saves from weak wrist shots go in from everwhere. My goalie used to be good now he is giving up 5 goals on 20 shots almost every game(almost all weak wristers).

My team is really good on paper but have just been playing like ****.

1st line - MOV Ovi, AS McDavid, MOV Pavelski
    2nd - Keith Tkachuk, 99 Datsyuk, and Bure
    3rd - Sullivan, MOV Thorton, MOV Tarasenko
    4th - Ryan Smyth, Richards, Linden

Defense is MOV Burns, Blake, MOV Josi, Macinnis, Murphy, and Foote

Goalies - AS Holtby and WCOH Joseph

What is working for you guys as far as strategies, I'm will to try anything. This Comp season I'm 5000th, the ones before I was alway around 1500th... the past month has been horrible. Any ideas thrown out are much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Sounds like u got a five star team. Dumb it down a bit. Make ur backup any low level bronze and that should bring u to 4.5 stars. Watch what happens next also couple of ur D men r very slow, like: Macinnis, Foote also Smyth and Tkachuk.
    All star Havlat,Nyquist are animals plus fast.
    For now just change ur goalie and c what happens. Shutting off ur console isn't going to help in this situation.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • This game online can be incredibly streaky. One day you seem nearly unbeatable, the next you can hardly put two passes together playing more or less the same level of opponents
  • smokin666
    616 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    TheAiwo wrote: »
    This game online can be incredibly streaky. One day you seem nearly unbeatable, the next you can hardly put two passes together playing more or less the same level of opponents
    True that. But also when u have a 5 star steam, they will flake out more often than u think.

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ive had a 5 star team now for the past few months, i definitely noticed a big change jumping from a 4 star team. But some games with the 5 star everything will click and the gameplay is great, next game complete opposite. did i mention i have 19 active synergies? somehow all the players in the top100 dont have issues playing with 5 star teams, then again it takes a special kind of _ _ _ _ _ to win with their consistency.
  • Went from 250th to 7000th back to 775th.....in just over 24 hours. Same team. I didn't change that much as a player in one day. I know what you mean. Change strategies and switch up lines. Maybe it is in my head. Won 7 of last 8 and disconnected tied in the third in the loss.
  • Same lol I was 197 yesterday with a 8-0 record. Lost 3 straight and I end up at 1600 or something lol.. oh well this was my last CS anyway, gonna watch playoff hockey instead
  • Went from 250th to 7000th back to 775th.....in just over 24 hours. Same team. I didn't change that much as a player in one day. I know what you mean. Change strategies and switch up lines. Maybe it is in my head. Won 7 of last 8 and disconnected tied in the third in the loss.

the swings are insane... went from 1200 to 7000 to 4000 in a day...

the trick for me is when I lose I need to stop playing for a bit. I don't play well immediately following a loss
  • Doesn't matter if you have 3,4 or 5 star team. Some days are just not your days. You just get slapped harder with less stars. And I wonder if synergies does any good on high rated cards since +2 is quite petite on a player that already has +97

Does anyone with a 5 star team notice any difference?
  • Yes. Synergies definitely make a difference
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    They do. Added tw game changer
  • I have a 5 star team (and then some) They make a big difference.

• Not as much as strategies though....
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    They do. Added tw game changer
    +1

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jonny81swe wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if you have 3,4 or 5 star team. Some days are just not your days. You just get slapped harder with less stars. And I wonder if synergies does any good on high rated cards since +2 is quite petite on a player that already has +97

Does anyone with a 5 star team notice any difference?

Yes. Without synergies my team has an average of 96,5 accross all specific stats (not considering FS cause this is a skill which I never need). With my 23 activated synergies the average increases to 98,2. There is of course no difference for those players who already have 98 or 99 ratings on some stats and a lot of players dont need all these boost anymore.

On the other hand, my "slower" players (who have only 92 or 93 on the skating stats) appreciate the +3 boost on speed, agility and acceleration. Same effect of the shooting accuracy with the right synergies.

In additon I have a +4 team boost for aggressiveness (LB) and +3 boost for chechking (WC), which was necessary for almost all my players (have a lot of the fast but less phyiscal players) and with this addition these guys are far more active, aggressive and resistent.

There are many further effects based on several player and team synergies, some of them with more, others with less or no impact on a specific skill.