EA Forums - Banner

Old Time Hockey

2Next

Replies

• kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    This series is CANADIAN! That is the issue. Look who your head Dev is. He doesn't even know how to answer questions during his little pre relase demo while sitting on the couch playing infront of the cameras. He stumbles on what to say and tries to hide the flaws. Next time Rammer is doing his commentary on the game,do pay attention and look how his Team members try to answer most of the questions and all he does is play.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    This series is CANADIAN! That is the issue. Look who your head Dev is. He doesn't even know how to answer questions during his little pre relase demo while sitting on the couch playing infront of the cameras. He stumbles on what to say and tries to hide the flaws. Next time Rammer is doing his commentary on the game,do pay attention and look how his Team members try to answer most of the questions and all he does is play.

That's a pretty racist thing to say. Just because Rammer is from a different ethnic background you think that's what makes this game bad? I have a very good friend who is of Hindu decent and he's the BIGGEST hockey nut you'd ever meet!!

Rammer ethnic and/or cultural background have nothing to do with why this game is in the state it is. The problems with this game are due to his personal VIEWS on what the sport of NHL should translate to in videogame form so that EA makes the most amount of profit. Those VIEWS are what makes this game go in the direction it's going.

Video game making is an art form, but at the back of it all, is a business trying to get the biggest share of the pie it can. Some people are more interested in the art first and the business part 2nd. Some people (unfortunately) are in it only for the big paycheck. I'd put Rammer in the latter category.

Sadly that means that little Timmy (or Sally) with access to Mommy or Daddy's Credit Card will have HIS (her) opinion have a larger impact on how the game is shaped. Which is sad, because I think there is a large part of the pie to be had by catering to the hardcore hockey nut as well as the casual fans by giving users MORE choice... But neither I or You are in charge of this franchise.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    When was I knocking Rammers background? I was knocking CANADIAN COMPANIES. But yeah, look at Rammer? He's indian yeah that was my point,get real you racist crying monkey! I was stating CANADIAN products suck! Everything from LawnMowers,to movies. Canada werent even the ones who gave Table hockey games from the 70' 80's and even way back to the 60's slots for players..That was a Swedish guy who invented table hockey to how we know it today . Canada knows nothing but to be cheap,and I'm canadian so get real pal.
    You wanna talk more about Rammer? let's do that right now!...Rammer every year he does a Live feed on his games Q and A, you can tell right off the bat he knows squat! He is not fluid,he is spending most of it skirting around the issues and hiding the fact that nothing is gonna be fixed from the year before! It's all lies everytime he opens his mouth. Got that part so far?. I wanna be a customer,Lord kows Iv'e spent alot of money since the first release in 92! Do the historic memory time capsile,the game has been **** since he became the Producer. Oh im a racist right? NO! Should a retired hockey coach be hands on in this company with Rammer? YES!.
    So Rammers views are what? not fixing anything? answer that Venom? can you answer why the game has been broke for so long without any effort?Rammers idea of hockey in this game is Beer League level. NHL 15 bare bones release, thats all I gotta say.
    Post edited by kitchener_boy on
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    "Canadian Products Suck"?

Many of Hollywood's most ICONIC actors and Comedians are from Canada. Many of the produce and materials for construction in the US come from Canada. Basketball, one of their country's major Pro Sports was invented by a Canadian. Canada exports TWICE as much hydro-electricity to the US as it does to it's own country. We've also lent clean up equipment when the US have "environmental" crisis. Seems like the TRUMP zombies are even popping up over here... Sad.

Hockey IS Canada's sport and even though the developers of this game are in Canada, it's ultimately Electronic Arts, a company BASED in the US that calls the shots. So if you wanna blame someone for the state of NHL, you should probably throw your stones in our neighbor's pond... Pal.

As for Rammer, I have no love for the way he's handling this series. I don't think he particularly enjoys the sport of hockey that much, TBH. Sadly making MONEY is primary for EA and satisfying their loyal customer way down the list of priorities. And RAMMER is tasked with making this franchise profitable for EA. No matter what they need to do, even if they have to completely desecrate OUR national sport to do it, they'll do it to squeeze out as much money from the average knucklehead with cash and knows JACK squat about the product they're buying.

That's not just on RAMMER, that's Electronic Arts company Party line.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Fine,I'll throw the stone in your pond Nighbor, cause unlike me, you kept on buying the game havent you?
    All you have to do Pal and this goes for all of you...do what I did,I didnt like the product,so I passed up on it. No pretty much It's on Rammer,he only gets to stay due to sales from HUT. HUT is what saved him. All you gotta do is stop playing HUT and he be gone! Hard to take you all seriously when you buy it knowing what the outcome will be.I would play HUT, doesnt mean im buying cards or packs. I would just play with what is givin to me.
    You say Rammer doesn't enjoy the game of hockey? read between the lines on what the future holds for the Franchise. Means he doesnt care,he doesnt have full knowledge of the sport then.
    EA needs to either bring back Littman or hire a retired hocckey coach!atleast for a consultant or someone to oversee the development of next years game.
  • mhandymanb
    408 posts Member
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

That's a pretty racist thing to say. Just because Rammer is from a different ethnic background you think that's what makes this game bad? I have a very good friend who is of Hindu decent and he's the BIGGEST hockey nut you'd ever meet!!

Rammer ethnic and/or cultural background have nothing to do with why this game is in the state it is. The problems with this game are due to his personal VIEWS on what the sport of NHL should translate to in videogame form so that EA makes the most amount of profit. Those VIEWS are what makes this game go in the direction it's going.

Video game making is an art form, but at the back of it all, is a business trying to get the biggest share of the pie it can. Some people are more interested in the art first and the business part 2nd. Some people (unfortunately) are in it only for the big paycheck. I'd put Rammer in the latter category.

Sadly that means that little Timmy (or Sally) with access to Mommy or Daddy's Credit Card will have HIS (her) opinion have a larger impact on how the game is shaped. Which is sad, because I think there is a large part of the pie to be had by catering to the hardcore hockey nut as well as the casual fans by giving users MORE choice... But neither I or You are in charge of this franchise.

****!

How can any true blooded born and raised Canadian let "his"'game develop into the crap it is today?

As a Canadian born and raised and hockey in my blood I would never let this game get to the state it's in. Rammer might love hockey but he'll never truly love it like some of us do and have it in his blood.

It would be the equivalent of me developing FIFA no matter how much I enjoy soccer.

• DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    mhandymanb wrote: »

****!

How can any true blooded born and raised Canadian let "his"'game develop into the crap it is today?

As a Canadian born and raised and hockey in my blood I would never let this game get to the state it's in. Rammer might love hockey but he'll never truly love it like some of us do and have it in his blood.

It would be the equivalent of me developing FIFA no matter how much I enjoy soccer.

How do you know it's not "in his blood"? What criteria does one need to get that label?
  • DeejNYLV wrote: »

****!

How do you know it's not "in his blood"? What criteria does one need to get that label?

Look at the crappy state the game is in now and has been the past couple years.

• DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    DeejNYLV wrote: »

****!

Look at the crappy state the game is in now and has been the past couple years.

Sooooo.... No answer. Got it.