EA Forums - Banner

New NHL 18 features

Prev13456714
"NHL Threes in NHL 18 delivers the intense action of the 3-on-3 overtime hockey with a faster pace, bigger hits and more open ice to score insane goals. New audio commentary, broadcast presentation and over-the-top arena designs deliver a fresh new feel to every game. No matter how you play, NHL Threes stays fresh with multiple game modes, including cooperative or competitive play with friends, online versus against other players, or the new Circuit Mode where you battle through leagues and complete challenges to make it to the big show."

"NHL 18 introduces new dekes that give players creative freedom to freeze goaltenders and create space around defenders. Players can also string together deking combinations into fluid dangles that give every attack the potential to be a creative masterpiece. On defense, the new Defensive Skill Stick delivers full control over your stick to target poke checks, keep sticks extended, or sweep sticks back and forth for zone coverage. Finally, the new Creative A.I. system lets AI teammates leverage the same new deking, passing, and defensive tools that you do, making for smarter plays in every zone. NHL 18 introduces draft expansion to the acclaimed Franchise Mode, letting you take on the front office role of the 31st NHL team: the Vegas Golden Knights. Play as the authentic Golden Knights before their first NHL game, or draft your very own 32nd team in your hometown and reshape the league entirely, complete with a unique roster, arena, jersey, logo, and even a custom mascot. Expansion gives you the power to bring the excitement of professional hockey to your hometown on a quest to capture the Cup. NHL 18 introduces new dekes and playmaking combinations that let you light the lamp with insane speed and dozens of jaw-dropping skill moves, including between-the-legs dekes, passes, and shots that make every moment memorable. Take control of the most skilled players in the NHL and experience the sport that was meant to be a videogame with the fastest pace, biggest hits, and most insane goal-scoring of any sports game out there."

These come directly from a survey sent out by ea, so safe to say it is real.

+ D skill stick ;)

Replies

• eh.... is "3s" replacing the existing EASHL I wonder?
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    eh.... is "3s" replacing the existing EASHL I wonder?

EASHL isn't going anywhere.

No, it's just going to have an even smaller player base now.
  • eh.... is "3s" replacing the existing EASHL I wonder?

Appreciate the info - thx.
  • Wow Workin you're not messing with us right? We're finally getting a defensive skill stick? And new dekes? That actually sounds exciting.

Cue the optimism that will ultimately be my downfall
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    Wow Workin you're not messing with us right? We're finally getting a defensive skill stick? And new dekes? That actually sounds exciting.

Cue the optimism that will ultimately be my downfall

Would I ever mess with you? Come on now, eh bud? ;)

I didn't get the survey myself but with a little searching you can find people who did. Seems like it's the real deal. Sounds promising for sure, let's hope they execute well.
  • RSall14
    613 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I can confirm that this is in fact real. Disappointed in what they spent all their time working on other than the defensive skill stick. They better have made the game a whole lot better to justify wasting resources on the 3v3 mode. Let's be real, we all know that isn't the case.
  • Workin_OT wrote: »
    "NHL Threes in NHL 18 delivers the intense action of the 3-on-3 overtime hockey with a faster pace, bigger hits and more open ice to score insane goals. New audio commentary, broadcast presentation and over-the-top arena designs deliver a fresh new feel to every game. No matter how you play, NHL Threes stays fresh with multiple game modes, including cooperative or competitive play with friends, online versus against other players, or the new Circuit Mode where you battle through leagues and complete challenges to make it to the big show."

"NHL 18 introduces new dekes that give players creative freedom to freeze goaltenders and create space around defenders. Players can also string together deking combinations into fluid dangles that give every attack the potential to be a creative masterpiece. On defense, the new Defensive Skill Stick delivers full control over your stick to target poke checks, keep sticks extended, or sweep sticks back and forth for zone coverage. Finally, the new Creative A.I. system lets AI teammates leverage the same new deking, passing, and defensive tools that you do, making for smarter plays in every zone. NHL 18 introduces draft expansion to the acclaimed Franchise Mode, letting you take on the front office role of the 31st NHL team: the Vegas Golden Knights. Play as the authentic Golden Knights before their first NHL game, or draft your very own 32nd team in your hometown and reshape the league entirely, complete with a unique roster, arena, jersey, logo, and even a custom mascot. Expansion gives you the power to bring the excitement of professional hockey to your hometown on a quest to capture the Cup. NHL 18 introduces new dekes and playmaking combinations that let you light the lamp with insane speed and dozens of jaw-dropping skill moves, including between-the-legs dekes, passes, and shots that make every moment memorable. Take control of the most skilled players in the NHL and experience the sport that was meant to be a videogame with the fastest pace, biggest hits, and most insane goal-scoring of any sports game out there."

+ D skill stick ;)

Usually those surveys ask for confidentiality.
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Member
    Workin_OT wrote: »

+ D skill stick ;)

Usually those surveys ask for confidentiality.

Like that ever happens lol
    PSN: B-Bunny

+ D skill stick ;)

So we basically get NHL ARCADE and '94 Mode mixed together but we can't get a NHL Three's Full Collision....smdh! So glad that in 2017 people are stuck in the 1980s
  • Why are we getting a 3v3 mode again?
  • To say the "new" features indicated in the survey are a disappointment is an understatement.

I'll give them credit for considering a defensive skill stick but until I see it in action I can't really get too excited.

But who's asking for 3v3 and more "insane" goals? Is the drive for these features coming from outside the development team ( these forums don't necessarily represent the entire EA NHL community) or are these being pushed Internally?

I get a real "Homer Simpson designs a car" feeling from those feature lists.
  • To say the "new" features indicated in the survey are a disappointment is an understatement.

I'll give them credit for considering a defensive skill stick but until I see it in action I can't really get too excited.

But who's asking for 3v3 and more "insane" goals? Is the drive for these features coming from outside the development team ( these forums don't necessarily represent the entire EA NHL community) or are these being pushed Internally?

I get a real "Homer Simpson designs a car" feeling from those feature lists.

EXACTLY!! Who asked for:
    Glass Breaking (cause that happens what once in a 82 game season, specially with NEW glass design in these NEW Arenas)
    Helmets popping off (wow, gee whiz, that just MADE the entire game/series 5 STARS!!)
    Goalie Fights (cause that happens what once in an ENTIRE NHL SEASON. 82 game x 30 teams = 2,460 games in an ENTIRE NHL Season)
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    Why are we getting a 3v3 mode again?

because no-one wants to play defence right? ;)

Defensive skill-stick is the only positive, but knowing EA it will clunky and next to worthless. :|
  • Geez who cares ? So What , they added a 3 on 3 mode. Boo-hoo.

They also added hut and all this other stuff offline I don't touch . just because I won't touch it doesn't mean others won't .

There are more pressing issues to **** about rather than a 3 on 3 mode.
  • joefitz22
    643 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Geez who cares ? So What , they added a 3 on 3 mode. Boo-hoo.

They also added hut and all this other stuff offline I don't touch . just because I won't touch it doesn't mean others won't .

It's FLUFF Crap that NO ONE asked for...again
    Helmets popping off (omg that added SOOOOOOOO much realisim...that makes me forget all about the incredibly BAD LAGGING....Fix the LAGGING or add stupid sheet....lets add stupid sheet because LAGGING is not that important). Taking the time, effort, monies to add stupid sheet when there are glaring issues with the game is asinine.
    If you took your car to the Dealership with a problem that has plagued your car for 2,3 years and they kept returning it to you (NOT fixing the issue at hand) but fixing stupid sheet that "you didn't ask them to fix"...you mean you're just gonna be MEH about it?
    Yes it's just a video game but this "video game" still cost the same amount of money year in and year out. Why should I continue to buy NHL17.2(18) or .3(19). I WANT to keep giving EA my money. I ENJOY playing this game but the last 2 years I just can't justify paying money for the game when Helmets popping off, Goalie Fights or Glass Breaking are the NEW (old)(...all that sheet has been in the game since' NHL92 but they take it out and go Abracadabra BRAND NEW FEATURES) added Features.
    They ALREADY HAD a 3 on 3 mode..it was called NHL 3 on 3 ARCADE. Why NOT go a NEW (Fresh) direction...NHL 3 on 3 FULL COLLISION (with less players on ice they can make more REALISTIC collisions, puck physics, etc etc) but no they are going the Nintendo route and go back to the old tired stale well with faster pace, bigger hits and more open ice to score insane goals...it's been done before. It's 2017 NOT 1990s
  • Workin_OT
    469 posts Member
    edited April 2017

joefitz22 wrote: »
    Geez who cares ? So What , they added a 3 on 3 mode. Boo-hoo.

It's FLUFF Crap that NO ONE asked for...again
    Helmets popping off (omg that added SOOOOOOOO much realisim...that makes me forget all about the incredibly BAD LAGGING....Fix the LAGGING or add stupid sheet....lets add stupid sheet because LAGGING is not that important). Taking the time, effort, monies to add stupid sheet when there are glaring issues with the game is asinine.
    If you took your car to the Dealership with a problem that has plagued your car for 2,3 years and they kept returning it to you (NOT fixing the issue at hand) but fixing stupid sheet that "you didn't ask them to fix"...you mean you're just gonna be MEH about it?
    Yes it's just a video game but this "video game" still cost the same amount of money year in and year out. Why should I continue to buy NHL17.2(18) or .3(19). I WANT to keep giving EA my money. I ENJOY playing this game but the last 2 years I just can't justify paying money for the game when Helmets popping off, Goalie Fights or Glass Breaking are the NEW (old)(...all that sheet has been in the game since' NHL92 but they take it out and go Abracadabra BRAND NEW FEATURES) added Features.
    They ALREADY HAD a 3 on 3 mode..it was called NHL 3 on 3 ARCADE. Why NOT go a NEW (Fresh) direction...NHL 3 on 3 FULL COLLISION (with less players on ice they can make more REALISTIC collisions, puck physics, etc etc) but no they are going the Nintendo route and go back to the old tired stale well with faster pace, bigger hits and more open ice to score insane goals...it's been done before. It's 2017 NOT 1990s

It's been done before.. and people liked it. You can bet your marbles that people are going to like it again, eh bud? ;)

It's going to be pretty awesome to come in on a breakaway and pull of a Marek Malik on a human goalie. :trollface:
  • mhandymanb
    408 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Bring back the 12 friends private rooms so we can have and play our own 6 vs 6 games. Let the others have this 3 on 3 mode because I definitely won't be playing it.

Even with a defensive skill stick the offense will still be over powered and have the advantage over the defenders and goalies as it has for years. Sure Ben, no EA doesn't cater to the offense. :smirk:

More dekes, more dangles, more snipes, more arcade! Oh boy!

Once again this is clearly another example of EA putting things back in the game and selling them as new.

Do the game changers ever get changed for new ones from year to year because it's obvious the current ones aren't doing much good considering how downhill this series has been going the past couple years. The Devs need to be replaced too! They can't even fix the same issues that have plagued this series for years.
  • Sooo... we get 3v3 instead of GM Connected? If that's the case I'm going to be royally pissed.

+ D skill stick ;)

large.gallery_8885_14_7703.jpg.3bbe925c52a9c2d4538c2f8e6ae10e38.jpg
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    eh.... is "3s" replacing the existing EASHL I wonder?

And that's what we've been trying to say.