EA Forums - Banner

NHL 17's Greatest Moments

Yeah... We cry and moan about the c*** that we have to deal with in this game. We scream at the TV/Monitor. We shake our fists at the imaginary "Dev in the Sky". We complain and post hundreds of threads about everything we find wrong with the game.

But there are some TRULY great moments in NHL 17 as well!

So here I am trying to extend an olive branch and show the devs that "yeah, you guys did things right too!". I'll start things off by posting a few clips of my best moments in NHL 17.

eiUvP5i.gif

I recorded this the other day because I thought "Wow! I haven't seen that often. What a cool animation!". I think this was the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen it. It's a shame because this reaction should be used more often.

ytRq1mj.gif

It's such a great feeling when you can get multiple saves in succession like this as a reward for making the correct reads. And it looked fairly realistic too, which is always a bonus in my view.

OfCyQNB.gif

When the game rewards a great effort with an amazing sequence of events. Like, I couldn't even have been mad if that puck went in. But oh, the joy in my heart when the goalie spun around and batted the puck out of the crease!

I wish I had kept the clips of the plays me and my club have done over the course of this game's lifetime. There were some truly great moments where we moved the puck around the zone and scored some really great goals or where we simply kept the pressure going for several minutes in the opponent's zone.

So what are some of your (the people on this forum) greatest moments in NHL 17? Please post a clip of a great moment you witnessed and recorded. Try not to post "weird" or "goofy" clips (like players bouncing 15 feet in the air after a hit or puck physics going wild). I just want to see some great plays or moments others have experienced in NHL 17.

Replies

• Come on bud.. This is the EA forums, you off all people should know that you're not allowed any positivity here, eh bud? ;)
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    Workin_OT wrote: »
    Come on bud.. This is the EA forums, you off all people should know that you're not allowed any positivity here, eh bud? ;)

Well it can't all be BAD THINGS all the time... c'mon people!
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    Cm02kas.gif

Another instance where the game actually made a good decision and I got a realistic looking save that fit the situation instead of just some random animation. The desperation tumble at the end was a nice touch too.

iHIJJFH.gif

This is just such a great sequence. I was able to keep in position throughout the attack. I didn't get any wonky inputs or sudden goalie freezes mid way through a slide. This is how goaltending should be like all the time in NHL 18: fluid, responsive, EFFECTIVE!
  • Not to pee on your parade, but while those were saves, the overall look of it is sloppy to me. Does not look fluid AT ALL. Seems like there is so much blending missing between each animation.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    Not to pee on your parade, but while those were saves, the overall look of it is sloppy to me. Does not look fluid AT ALL. Seems like there is so much blending missing between each animation.

Yeah, but it's mostly in how the goalie turns to track the puck and when you make him interact with the post. But that's not what this THREAD is about. We have other threads where we can pee on the game.

This is a thread for the GOOD Things that happen in NHL 17. :D
  • Even in a thread about the 'good things' with the videos posted you can see so much wrong with the game lol nice clips though man, good saves !