EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

99 dats or mov backstrom ?

Have 550k and I want a good center with good faceoffs. Or are there any other good options I haven't thought about ?

Replies

• 99 Dats by a mile. I've had both. Sold Backstrom.
  • 99 Dats by a mile. I've had both. Sold Backstrom.

Im just afraid that I have trouble finding a game if I have dats on my team ..
  • you'll have trouble regardless, get dats
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    you'll have trouble regardless, get dats

This. Get him. I have 11 99's. He is still my best forward.
  • Should have pulled the trigger 2 days ago when he was 500k now he's around 600 :(
  • Got one for 550k. Hes a beast but im 1-3 with him :( I only play against good players because all the average players quit ..
  • I am a little late and you already have Dats but maybe someone else is looking for a different opinion. I had Dats and MOV Backstrom from the beginning (when they published these cards).

Based on the stats, Datsyuk is the best card in the game (all stats are 99). However, when you have 25 synergies activated like me, other TOTY/MOV players are on the same level, too (e.g. Marchand, Bergeron, Schultz, Burns) and Backstrom is getting very close to Datsyuk.

What does that mean in the game? Datsyuk was the best all around card in the game for a long time till TOTY, but with the activated synergies his previous advantage is almost gone. When you compare Datsyuk and Backstrom, Dats is the more physcial option with a better checking and aggressiveness while Backstrom is the more agile option. With a 96 face-off rating Backstrom is now an excellent center since TOTY. Dats is still marginal better with 99 on this stat but it is difficult to experience any difference on that.

So when you have many synergies activated you dont need to take care about the stats anymore cause they are almost similar. The decision shoud be related to your preferences and needs. Take Datsyuk when you need the best defence forward in the game (besides MOV Bergeron) with some more physicality. Take Backstrom when you need a quick and agile center. Both can score like hell on different ways.

I sold my 99 Datsyuk four weeks ago and go with MOV Backstrom, MOV Bergeron, TOTY Koivu and TOY Kesler since tat time. With all these synergies you dont need the 99 overall players to have a good team.

• Thanks man ! Trying to sell dats, too many people quit when they see him. I don't have as many synergies as you but like you said the difference is marginal. Who would you pick between mov backstrom and mov Bergeron ? 1st line center between mov stone and toty tarasenko
    Finch1965 wrote: »
    I am a little late and you already have Dats but maybe someone else is looking for a different opinion. I had Dats and MOV Backstrom from the beginning (when they published these cards).

Based on the stats, Datsyuk is the best card in the game (all stats are 99). However, when you have 25 synergies activated like me, other TOTY/MOV players are on the same level, too (e.g. Marchand, Bergeron, Schultz, Burns) and Backstrom is getting very close to Datsyuk.

What does that mean in the game? Datsyuk was the best all around card in the game for a long time till TOTY, but with the activated synergies his previous advantage is almost gone. When you compare Datsyuk and Backstrom, Dats is the more physcial option with a better checking and aggressiveness while Backstrom is the more agile option. With a 96 face-off rating Backstrom is now an excellent center since TOTY. Dats is still marginal better with 99 on this stat but it is difficult to experience any difference on that.

So when you have many synergies activated you dont need to take care about the stats anymore cause they are almost similar. The decision shoud be related to your preferences and needs. Take Datsyuk when you need the best defence forward in the game (besides MOV Bergeron) with some more physicality. Take Backstrom when you need a quick and agile center. Both can score like **** on different ways.

I sold my 99 Datsyuk four weeks ago and go with MOV Backstrom, MOV Bergeron, TOTY Koivu and TOY Kesler since tat time. With all these synergies you dont need the 99 overall players to have a good team.

• I have 25 synergies and 11 team synergies. I also have 11 x 99 skaters starting ( 3 98's as well ). Dats is by far my best forward. Play the good players. Don't worry about the quitters.
  • Ya I had to sell Datsyuk also due to trying to find an opponent. I'm a mediocre player and was only getting opponents who would continuously exploit time after time. Went thru a good stretch of losing, sold him and got back on track. He would perform better then anyone else on my team at the time, would be nice to have him back in the lineup to see how he does.
  • verrette99 wrote: »
    Thanks man ! Trying to sell dats, too many people quit when they see him. I don't have as many synergies as you but like you said the difference is marginal. Who would you pick between mov backstrom and mov Bergeron ? 1st line center between mov stone and toty tarasenko

Difficult to say for more or less the same reasons of the Datsyuk vs. Backstrom comparision. However, I would say there is a slight advantage for MOV Bergeron.

Again, stats of 99 overall players almost doesn`t matter with activated synergies. So it is more or less a question of preferences. Do you prefer a left or a righ hand on that position? Do you prefer/need a bit more defense minded game plus excellent face-off skill (Bergeron) or do you rather look for one of the very best playmakers in the game.

Aside from your preferences, I would say there is a very slight advantage for MOV Bergeron.

• h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    I say wait for 98 Richards and use him. I would use a toews but his stats aren't 99 but at the end of the day comparing highly rated 90+ players is basically splitting hairs.

Play with who you want to play with that's the key to having fun in this game. It's your ultimate team not who are the best players use them just because.
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    I say wait for 98 Richards and use him. I would use a toews but his stats aren't 99 but at the end of the day comparing highly rated 90+ players is basically splitting hairs.

Play with who you want to play with that's the key to having fun in this game. It's your ultimate team not who are the best players use them just because.

Of course but I always ask for a review when spending a lot on a player. For example I bought 98 lidstrom because he was one of my favorite dman growing up but he wasn't playing like a 98 overall... at least I was able to flip for a 30k profit lol
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Well that's good!
  • Sold dats for a 49k profit ! Got mov bergy for 500k, backstrom was overpriced