EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Just a thought

Prev1
h8ttrick
1661 posts Member
Could chemistry still be in the game? There are so many glitches that are still in the game from before could chemistry still be a thing?

Replies

• ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    I doubt it, but what I have noticed was you know those games where your guys are missing wide open nets, whiffing shots, missing checks, and nothing seems to go your way?

try taking a time out
  • Lowernu82
    408 posts Member
    had one of those last night, i really had to fight thru the game. Passing was atrocious, could not hit the net in my life depended on it. i was even letting go of the analog when shooting just to try and make sure it hit the net. things were definitely clicking a little more for my opponent. im still trying to figure out how these guys with win loss ratios of 50:1 or higher have so much success. ive had the unfortunate chance to play a lot of them and jesus, their players are absolutely flying, the shots are harder, goals go in with ease. ive tampered with my strategies a lot this year looking for something, havent been able to find it.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    Lowernu82 wrote: »
    had one of those last night, i really had to fight thru the game. Passing was atrocious, could not hit the net in my life depended on it. i was even letting go of the **** when shooting just to try and make sure it hit the net. things were definitely clicking a little more for my opponent. im still trying to figure out how these guys with win loss ratios of 50:1 or higher have so much success. ive had the unfortunate chance to play a lot of them and jesus, their players are absolutely flying, the shots are harder, goals go in with ease. ive tampered with my strategies a lot this year looking for something, havent been able to find it.

take a time-out... last night I was losing 2-1 from the 10' mark of the first period. I couldn't score the rest of the first. 2nd period comes along and I couldn't score again, but I did hold my opponent off so score remained 2-1. my players were whiffing shots, missing wide open nets, missing passes... the 3rd period starts and i whiff on a D2D one timer which leads to a breakaway for my opponent, and of course he scores making it 3-1 (this is at about 15' left in 3rd)...

so i take a time out (instead of waiting for the 5' mark like normal)... i scored on my next play making it 3-2... tied the game with 5' left, and went to OT.. got a GREASY GOAL in OT to win game

was it all luck? was it placebo effect? maybe, but what i do know is the true purpose of a time out is to regroup and get players back in game, not just to reset stamina, and it worked
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Ya but all a time out does in this game is reset stamina. Also this game loves giving people a tie I'm the third. I could be getting out played and magically get tied push it to ot and lose or win.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    yea but with all the talk of "momentum shifts" and what not, I wouldn't be surprised if a time out actually is more than just a reset of stamina
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Ya but I also bet ea was too lazy to put something like that in.

We could go at this all day! I will start giving the timeout a shot. It would be interesting if that's what it is for.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    try it dude, maybe I got lucky... but, maybe not!
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Oh I will give it a go
  • Frosties00
    160 posts Member
    I went up 3-0 in a game last night, midway through the second my opponent took a time out and was all over me the rest of the game. Ended up beating me 5-3. Maybe there's something to this.
  • I can attest to the time out when ur down a couple goals and your players aren't really playing well
    More times then not the time out seems to shift momentum
  • PadrinoIV
    884 posts Member
    I confirm the Time out thing
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    hmmmm :#
  • ABUSEU905
    320 posts Member
    I tried it down 4-0 on the worst 4 goals in history...guy had 4 goals on 6 shots in the first... he didn't score another goal....I owned him for the rest of the game in every category but still lost 4-2....all this after a timeout in the second...I dunno it may be cause the guy sucked and got three weak no skill one Ts through crowds off luck and I couldn't score but it helped
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    yea I would use the time out once I am down by two
  • I had a guy use it after my first goal last night. Scored in first 2 minutes and he used it right away. I still won 5-1..... I'm not sold yet.
  • I had a guy use it after my first goal last night. Scored in first 2 minutes and he used it right away. I still won 5-1..... I'm not sold yet.

It's not always effective , but it's worth trying anyways.

• ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    well that's just silly to use it that early...

plus it doesn't add skill, I wouldn't expect it to. but like I said, when you're setting up perfect D-to-D one timers and cross crease one timers and you're whiffing or missing open nets constantly, I would use it then. It's not just going to make you score or make you better than your opponent..

But how many times have you played someone who YOU KNEW just wasn't as good as you but you still cant seem to score and your opponent ends up getting cheesy/greasy goals? that's when I would use it
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    either way, it's simply a theory
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Hey whatever works for you works for you. It could also be people think oh here come the quit and you come back and subconsciously they think they have won and play worse...
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    Hey whatever works for you works for you. It could also be people think oh here come the quit and you come back and subconsciously they think they have won and play worse...

Deep.....