EA Forums - Banner

An easy tweak to help the dmen out

Prev134
Give us the ability to boost backwards with LT pushed in so we don't have to pick OD just to keep up?Seems to me forwards can speed burst all game long with no penalty to stamina.How about letting us do the same skating backwards so its an even playing field?

As it stands now we have to pivot and boost then LT again just to keep up with position.It seems really unfair when all forwards have to do is go gungho down the boards with abandon.

Just my 2 cents

Replies

• BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    you must get caught out of position more than Brooks Orpik.
  • sliders need to be higher in online play

1> attribute effect should be 9/10. Stamina is broken in all EA games and is a fact.
  • I'm a +200 maybe even +300 bobo so no I dont
  • This is a case of play better position.

No insult intended but strap on a pair of skates and tell me if you can accelerate or "boost" as fast as a forward skating forward.

Physics my boy.
  • ok get better my bad then. Obviously d is fine nothing to see here
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm not saying "git good". I'm saying it's actually realistic. Positioning and gap control is essential and what separates good Dmen from bad Dmen.

Playing D is a lot easier in 17 because pivoting is a lot better but still needs improvement.

No insult intended but strap on a pair of skates and tell me if you can accelerate or "boost" as fast as a forward skating forward.

Physics my boy.

What a joke of a post . way to bust your credibility bud .

1. Many modern DMEN can accelerate/pivot/backskate as fast and in some cases faster than a forward skating forward .

I can say this with 100% certainty Becuase I get to watch the DUCKS play and can tell you that then only player that this doesn't apply to is the freak speed MCdavid.

2. Heck in the hockey skills competition a couple of years ago a dman skated around the whole rink backwards and skated faster than forwards around that same rink WHO WERE SKATING FORWARD.

Physics eh?.

Any case I do understand where you're coming from OP. In online vs and in eashl, forwards take advantage of the stupid skating engine that effect D the most .

Physics my boy.

1. Many modern DMEN can accelerate/pivot/backskate as fast and in some cases faster than a forward skating forward .

I can say this with 100% certainty Becuase I get to watch the DUCKS play and can tell you that then only player that this doesn't apply to is the freak speed MCdavid.

2. Heck in the hockey skills competition a couple of years ago a dman skated around the whole rink backwards and skated faster than forwards around that same rink WHO WERE SKATING FORWARD.

Physics eh?.

Any case I do understand where you're coming from OP. In online vs and in eashl, forwards take advantage of the stupid skating engine that effect D the most .

Dunno where my other post went but the fastest backwards skate recorded at a skills comp was Letang with 16.16.

Tim Thomas in full goalie gear, with falling, completed it in 16.8 seconds.

Kesler, who isn't even the fastest skater did it in 14.7.

There are dozens if not hundreds of players that can beat 16 seconds set by the fastest backskater so no, defencemen cannot skate backwards as fast as forwards going forward.

The fact that a goalie can almost beat the fastest backskate speaks volumes.

+1 Credibility
  • @Taste-D-Rainbow

Bro. You're embarrassing yourself . honestly.

I'm going to help you out . watch the nhl playoff matchup of the ducks vs oilers tonight .

I want you to specially watch when Corey Perry touches the puck. Not one oilers Dmen will feel threatened by his speed through the neutral zone and they will backskate all day against him. Even if Corey Perry eats his wheaties and skates the fastest he can forwards , he ain't gonna beat any Edmonton dman that's backskating.

I could list countless others examples in that same game , but I don't want to put too much in your plate .

After you've watched the game and see how right I am , you can apologize or just don't come back into the thread if you're that embarrassed .

I'm hoping you respond to me so people can read your posts . I won't be responding to you anymore though , don't want to further hijack o.o thread.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm embarrassing myself because I'm stating facts with proof?

Corey Perry is a terrible example to use because he's one of the slower skaters in the NHL.

Letang has the best recorded time and he's arguably one of the best skating defencemen. There are probably hundreds of players that could beat Letang's 16.16. Imagine what time Radko Gudas would clock?

I would bet my life the average time of all NHL forwards skating forward would GREATLY exceed the average time of NHL Dmen skating backwards.
    Post edited by Taste-D-Rainbow on
  • @Taste-D-Rainbow

I'd say you're pretty spot on.

Physics my boy.

Physics eh?.

Yeah, I'm watching this game and I am not sure the Ducks actually dressed any defensemen.

So I can't validate your theory.
  • 7-1 ouch!!!
  • 7-1 ouch!!!

5-0 after the first at that. That was freaking AWESOME!!
  • CrushNHL
    460 posts Member
    1dc2fb37-9149-4164-93ac-f90bf5521956_text.gif
  • 7-1 ouch!!!

You don't see that very much during playoff hockey...embarrassing for the ducks
  • I'm hoping you respond to me so people can read your posts . I won't be responding to you anymore though , don't want to further hijack o.o thread.
    Consider this thread hijacked and you're the punch line.
  • 7-1 ouch!!!

You don't see that very much during playoff hockey...embarrassing for the ducks

Yeah that isn't the norm, especially in today's game. I think the Oilers did get spanked by the Sharks 7-0 though in the first round.

I'll never forget the 7-0 stomping the Red Wings put on Patrick Roy and the Avs back in 2002's game 7.
  • OILERS LOSE TO DUCKS OUCH!

• Sorry @RedBull1973JL @HandsomeCatf1sh @BoboFloggins

One less Canadian team in the playoffs :(

Did you hear the oilers after the game ? Bahahahhah talk about your all time loser talks .

As soon as the ducks won the game , I immediately thought of the idiots in this thread laughing at the ducks in game 6

WHOS LAUGHING NOW

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!