EA Forums - Banner

Who else donates?

Anybody else help others that are just getting started? What have you done to help a fellow NHL 17 HUT head?

Replies

• In past years I have helped fellow brits out with some help when they were a little clueless.

I have given some cards away to some people along with some coins sometimes to certain friends. However it can be a little annoying when you ask for help sometimes from people who have taken in the past that have been thankful but they never come forward.

You kinda learn who the good guys are on your friend list and who the takers but no give guys are.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Back in October I did close to 1.3 mill in give aways then bought Battlefield.

A couple months ago I gave away my remaining team of 87s and roughly 4k coins to a coworker. He started off 5-0, moved up a div, and was quickly relegated due to the steep increase in competition.

Credit to Canucks94 he's always been generous with helping fellow HUT Heads out.
  • Back in October I did close to 1.3 mill in give aways then bought Battlefield.

A couple months ago I gave away my remaining team of 87s and roughly 4k coins to a coworker. He started off 5-0, moved up a div, and was quickly relegated due to the steep increase in competition.

Credit to Canucks94 he's always been generous with helping fellow HUT Heads out.

Be wary in accepting "gifts" from friends though.

Just before Xmas a friend gave me 100k in coins on fifa so my kid could rip some packs.

Within a couple of hours had an email from Ea stating how I had bought coins and my total had been wiped back to zero.

So they took 300k in coins from me for no reason.

3 weeks talking to EA about this and nothing, no returned coins just the usual bull about "buying coins" etc etc.

• I got a late start this year, and haven't had much to give away, when I do it's been to my son. In past games I've given away a tonne of stuff but only to people that i believe could benefit from it. Typically, spur of the moment messages to a recent player who doesn't have the best team. I don't give out to the beggars like the guy that recently posted in another thread. I checked his team and it's an alternate account he set up to farm/look for handouts. There's still some good guys out there, but sadly it seems like most are scammers.
  • Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    Frosties00 wrote: »
    I got a late start this year, and haven't had much to give away, when I do it's been to my son. In past games I've given away a tonne of stuff but only to people that i believe could benefit from it. Typically, spur of the moment messages to a recent player who doesn't have the best team. I don't give out to the beggars like the guy that recently posted in another thread. I checked his team and it's an alternate account he set up to farm/look for handouts. There's still some good guys out there, but sadly it seems like most are scammers.

Unfortunately this is true, I generally only will give players to friends who are starting out late, no coins, they can choose to sell the players if they want. Typically when the next years game comes out I'll do a giveaway either on here or to my friends who aren't buying the next years games
  • MrSpireite wrote: »

Just before Xmas a friend gave me 100k in coins on fifa so my kid could rip some packs.

Within a couple of hours had an email from Ea stating how I had bought coins and my total had been wiped back to zero.

3 weeks talking to EA about this and nothing, no returned coins just the usual bull about "buying coins" etc etc.

100k is a very generous donation ... But yeah FIFA is pretty strict with coin transfering.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    MrSpireite wrote: »

100k is a very generous donation ... But yeah FIFA is pretty strict with coin transfering.

that's terrible, so basically you cannot give your friends coins to help them out? what the heck?
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »

that's terrible, so basically you cannot give your friends coins to help them out? what the heck?

You can but the FIFA crew likely keeps better track of the marketplace and what cards are worth. If they see an abnormality like a 1k card going for 200k coins it likely raises a red flag.
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Ya those people in China work in those coin sweat shops making money for their boss while all they can pay for is their food.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »

You can but the FIFA crew likely keeps better track of the marketplace and what cards are worth. If they see an abnormality like a 1k card going for 200k coins it likely raises a red flag.

yea I understand it raises a red flag, but if I want to hook my friend up with some coins I should be able to do so... and what about people who wager on games? or is that not officially allowed?
  • Surely there's a workaround. Heck maybe we're looking into it too much. Maybe MrSpireite's back alley hook up was actually an undercover EA FIFA police working out of China to stop the world's largest coin trafficking ring.
  • Surely there's a workaround. Heck maybe we're looking into it too much. Maybe MrSpireite's back alley hook up was actually an undercover EA FIFA police working out of China to stop the world's largest coin trafficking ring.

If only he was, just a mate who i helped out....
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    hahaha
  • I have never heard of that before.... I give stuff away all the time to guys building their squads. To my knowledge they have never had a problem and I certainly haven't.
  • I spend in NHL14 100 $. Yes for money packs I got player Batter than on packs for game coins. But ... players with High overall rating can't help me play betten than i can ))) and now i use players with 83-90 overall and i happy.
    Nashville Predators Fan. NHL19 Russia - https://vk.com/nhl19_nhl_19_ps4_xboxone
  • A homeless person once asked me what nation was best. A donation was the correct answer
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    Oh that bum got you good! Word play haha