EA Forums - Banner

How EA can improve EASHL drop ins.

Prev13
symmer1983
127 posts Member
edited May 2017
I don't know about you guys but one of the worst things about dropins is getting stuck with trolls who just want to ruin the experience for everyone, goalies who leave 5 minutes into the game, playing with AI, and people pausing the game over and over resulted in a slow disjointed experience.

The worst part about all of the above is that you will often get stuck in a situation like that for the next 40 minutes - a huge waste of everyone's time.

How drop ins could improve.

1. Make games one 10 minute (real time) period.
- If you get stuck with trolls, it's only 10 minutes of your time.
- You will get to play more games on a shorter period of time and meet more players if you are scouting for club.

2. Offer different game settings like 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 etc. with no AI.
- Video games don't always have to replicate real life. Give us the option to have something different. Drop in should be considered like a pick up game where you can player with fewer players on the ice.

3. Have an option for rematch after the game.
- If you end up in a lobby with some good players, you might want to play with/against them again.

4. People who want a more realistic experience with 6s can play club mode with AI on if they are short players.

Replies

• HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Well ...they are adding "NHL 3s" so hopefully that will fill the needs of the "trolls" and people with lack of basic hockey knowledge who just want to dangle snipe celly.
    For the rest of it...drop ins is like going out into public...you can only control whats going on to a certain extent. Unfortunately you will come across a lot of morons.
  • See NBA 2K's MyPark.
  • give players some incentive to actually win games. some nice gear or celebration that you can only get if your w/l ratio is above certain level. penalize people that troll and dont even try to win the game. some kind of hot or cold system where you get boost or nerf to your player stats depending of how well or bad you played in recent games and make it carry over to the club side as well. these are not gonna solve the problem all to gather, but i think they would go long ways to make thing some what better. and yeah the games are way too long. people playing with randoms dont have the pations if the game isnt going their way.
  • Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    I've said this for a long time, if you quit a game you should not be able to play another one until the game you left has ended
  • Pycnotic wrote: »
    I've said this for a long time, if you quit a game you should not be able to play another one until the game you left has ended

Simple, yet.... simple.
  • Some sort of search filter so we aren't placed in the same lobby as a certain troll like wired-crazy.

This morning its taking longer than usual to get a full game of 6's because everyone leaves as soon as they see wired-crazy in the lobby. :lol:
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    EASHL was the improvement of drop ins, in EASHL you can play with who you want to avoid the quitters, the goalie running out of net, defensemen playing like forwards, and forwards to cherry pick but never back check or play defense.

Drop ins by nature can't be improved, EASHL is the solution.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    EASHL was the improvement of drop ins, in EASHL you can play with who you want to avoid the quitters, the goalie running out of net, defensemen playing like forwards, and forwards to cherry pick but never back check or play defense.

Sure you can.

If you punished players overall ratings, dropped skills or whatnot based on leaving or garbage grades or performances, then you may see less of it.

that and:

Pycnotic wrote:

Simple, yet.... simple minded.

Fixed that quote for you brah.

@Pycnotic Why should a person be penalized for leaving a game that is being trolled? If you are in a game with a dope who is constantly offsides and L1'ing (LB'ing) or a G who is running out looking for fights all game or taking pims, you should just stay there and waste the next 20+ minutes enduring it and empower them? Reallly? For what? CR??? Dab cellys?? LMMFAO

Ya man, let 1 (or more) troll(s) be able to stop 11 other people from playing a game they've paid for because the game they left in disgust won't end for 20 mins.

When does your Netflix comedy special come out? I'm sure it's gonna be hilarious.

I admit it sucks when people leave after like 1 goal is scored or some garbage like that, but lumping all this mode's issues with one broad brush "fix" is just dumb.

BlahQz - Owner of WikkiD6 - PS4
  • Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    BlahQGhozT wrote: »
    Pycnotic wrote: »

Simple, yet.... simple minded.

Fixed that quote for you brah.

@Pycnotic Why should a person be penalized for leaving a game that is being trolled? If you are in a game with a dope who is constantly offsides and L1'ing (LB'ing) or a G who is running out looking for fights all game or taking pims, you should just stay there and waste the next 20+ minutes enduring it and empower them? Reallly? For what? CR??? Dab cellys?? LMMFAO

Ya man, let 1 (or more) troll(s) be able to stop 11 other people from playing a game they've paid for because the game they left in disgust won't end for 20 mins.

When does your Netflix comedy special come out? I'm sure it's gonna be hilarious.

I admit it **** when people leave after like 1 goal is scored or some garbage like that, but lumping all this mode's issues with one broad brush "fix" is just dumb.

Easy solution vote to kick option, then the trolls will disappear, because if they are kicked and a ban system is put in place. Say if you get kicked from 3 games in a day for trolling, 24hr ban, get 2-3 24 hr bans in a week a week ban and so in. And for those jagoffs that will kick for no reason if you abuse the system you get the same punishment as being those being kicked. Also have a rating system in place your rating drops for poor team play, trolling etc, you only get matched up with other tools. Really it is that simple.

Also have minimum internet requirements, don't meet them you don't play online, it's 2017 everyone has good internet, just because 10 out of a 1000 players has bad internet, why should those 990 players who have to play with them be punished.

This is the truth. Bottom line. You can mess around with all the ideas possible.
    ...but the only real solution is club.

This is the truth. Bottom line. You can mess around with all the ideas possible.
    ...but the only real solution is club.

The real solution is to bring back the private 12 player lobbies.

• Good stuff ^

Simple, yet.... simple.

Sure. Quite simple. When there are trolls galore and you quit because you want to play, oh I dunno, maybe something like hockey, then you get punished for it. Yep, quite simple indeed.

Simple, yet.... simple.

Sure. Quite simple. When there are trolls galore and you quit because you want to play, oh I dunno, maybe something like hockey, then you get punished for it. Yep, quite simple indeed.

If only grades..... meant something.

Simple, yet.... simple.

Fully agree. BUT, sometimes your grades are dependent of your teammates. So again, you still could get punished for playing properly.
  • Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Simple, yet.... simple.

Fully agree. BUT, sometimes your grades are dependent of your teammates. So again, you still could get punished for playing properly.

The problem with the grades system right now is it doesn't take anything relevant into account, played a game yesterday as a defenseman, through 2 periods our team only allowed 3 shots on goal, and I only had a defensive rating of 58%, wasn't out of position, always between the puck and our net, and had a few blocked shots. That needs to be fixed, my grade should have been around 80-90, any "real coach" would be thrilled to have that few number of shots through 2 periods

Simple, yet.... simple.

The problem with the grades system right now is it doesn't take anything relevant into account, played a game yesterday as a defenseman, through 2 periods our team only allowed 3 shots on goal, and I only had a defensive rating of 58%, wasn't out of position, always between the puck and our net, and had a few blocked shots. That needs to be fixed, my grade should have been around 80-90, any "real coach" would be thrilled to have that few number of shots through 2 periods

Yeah it's a very flawed system.

I played with one of my defensive partners last night and in one game we only allowed 5 shots the whole game. To top it off our own goalie trolls us pretty much the whole game drawing penalties by playing the puck in the corner and trying to fight the other goalie. Eventually our RW quit because he got tired of sitting in the box. Most goalies complain about having lousy D and ours trolls us while we're giving him what would be a very easy shutout. 5-0 late in the 3rd and we were tempted to score on him ourselves to ruin his shutout and we should have. It doesn't make a difference to us if it's not a shut out.

Most goalies are such trolls and quitters. Why even play goalie if you're going to quit after a goal or two whether you're winning or losing.

Now my friends and I prefer to start games with AI goalies (unless one of us are playing G) but then you get the pussies on the other team that back out because they're too afraid to play against AI goalies. :smirk:
  • Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    mhandymanb wrote: »

Simple, yet.... simple.

Yeah it's a very flawed system.

I played with one of my defensive partners last night and in one game we only allowed 5 shots the whole game. To top it off our own goalie trolls us pretty much the whole game drawing penalties by playing the puck in the corner and trying to fight the other goalie. Eventually our RW quit because he got tired of sitting in the box. Most goalies complain about having lousy D and ours trolls us while we're giving him what would be a very easy shutout. 5-0 late in the 3rd and we were tempted to score on him ourselves to ruin his shutout and we should have. It doesn't make a difference to us if it's not a shut out.

Most goalies are such trolls and quitters. Why even play goalie if you're going to quit after a goal or two whether you're winning or losing.

Now my friends and I prefer to start games with AI goalies (unless one of us are playing G) but then you get the pussies on the other team that back out because they're too afraid to play against AI goalies. :smirk:

Drop in is filled with scrubs who can't score on an AI goalie, most of them can barely score on a human goalie. This game needs a vote to kick option, or get rid of drop in all together and allow players to play on 3 different clubs at the same time so you don't have to quit a club to play on another one.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Grades definitely need to make a comeback but coaching grade needs to reflect the player style you've chosen. For instance, I should not be a D-Dman and be told by my coach to do more spinoramas and my stats should be based on hits, takeaways, interceptions, successful pokechecks and positioning. I shouldn't have to get Gs and As to be a successful D-Dman in coaches eyes.

If you play like trash, coach kicks you. Plain and simple.