EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18...?

Prev1
Is it just me or is there usually news about the upcoming NHL game at this point in the year?.. with E3 just over a month away, usually we'd hear something by now, even just a small teaser trailer. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but it feels like we should have heard something by now.

Replies

• dregzo84
    147 posts Member
    yup i came on this forum today for this exact reason. Something is wrong about this.
  • Exactly why I'm here as well..... weird that nothing has been said yet. I couldn't imagine them waiting until E3 to say ANYTHING about it.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    If playing NHL 18 on a **** service and having to pay $70 to Sony to play crap? I want NHL 18 to never happen. I'm really getting out of it I think.I play 14 and enjoy 14 and it's free to play. I think it's really so stupid to have to play a console thats only mayby got a few years left on it's cycle and having to pay to play it anyway.
    I would like if EA put some effort into the CHL and I would enjoy playing a season for sure. But to pay for a NHL 18..turn around and fork out another $70? no. I only play NHL and it's hard for me to say no to it,but when I come on these forums and read what I'm reading (all the wrongs in the game) it doesn't make sence to double dip in my wallet.
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    No news may be good news this time, I hope.

Drastic changes usually means = shhhhhhhhhhh silent.

I hope this is because they are removing TPS and don't want to start a PR storm from TPS fans.

TPS = death to this series.

• My bet is tomorrow :)
  • jmwalsh8888
    1184 posts Member
    lol they are NEVER going to remove TPS. and they don't have to they just need to fix it.
  • Santini3
    482 posts Member
    Why are people always coming on the forums year after year to ask why there hasn't been any news about the upcoming game yet? When the news drops, you'll know. Just be easy.

• I think they just can't wait.
    I'm on the same boat since the beginning of the internet :)
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    "lol they are NEVER going to remove TPS. and they don't have to they just need to fix it. "

They can't fix it because it's server related, depending on your latency (number of hops to connect) TPS is very delayed for many, and works good for others with no latency.

This has nothing to do with your ISP or your personal equipment/internet speed, but net code on EA's side.

TPS doesn't work online is the problem, so until they reprogram net code and add servers TPS cannot be fixed, the only solution is to remove it so everyone has more responsive skating and gaming experience.
  • CrushNHL
    460 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Here is some news:

- Ever wanted to drive a school bus? With NHL's "True-Performance Skating" engine, you'll know exactly what it feels like. *
    - Defy physics and ignore checks with our state of the art "Invincibility-Bubble" technology (tm)
    - If you have NHL 16 or 17, then you already own NHL 18, you just haven't paid for it yet!
    - You know you want those HUT packs. Hut Packs. Hut Packs. Hut Packs. HUT PACKS. HUTTT PACCKKSSS.

* = Unless you have the puck, then you are free to make 90 degree cuts and invoke "Invincibily-Bubbles" (tm)
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    "lol they are NEVER going to remove TPS. and they don't have to they just need to fix it. "

They can't fix it because it's server related, depending on your latency (number of hops to connect) TPS is very delayed for many, and works good for others with no latency.

This has nothing to do with your ISP or your personal equipment/internet speed, but net code on EA's side.

TPS doesn't work online is the problem, so until they reprogram net code and add servers TPS cannot be fixed, the only solution is to remove it so everyone has more responsive skating and gaming experience.

1p3ai9.jpg
  • sgiz1 wrote: »

Not only server related. Even the AI has trouble with TPS...
  • RSall14
    613 posts Member
    This years game will be focused at drawing the casuals in.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    as it should...but there needs to be game modes for "casuals"...and a game mode for "sim" hockey purists as well.
    Make club and drop ins have two different leagues.
    Casual (easier, forgiving settings)
    Hardcore (toughest most realistic settings)
  • sgiz1 wrote: »

• RSall14 wrote: »
    as it should...but there needs to be game modes for "casuals"...and a game mode for "sim" hockey purists as well.
    Make club and drop ins have two different leagues.
    Casual (easier, forgiving settings)
    Hardcore (toughest most realistic settings)

Too simple to be implemented. And too logical.
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    Why are people always coming on the forums year after year to ask why there hasn't been any news about the upcoming game yet? When the news drops, you'll know. Just be easy.

They do that because they are sick of the current year's problems that haven't been fixed, so they look forward to a better gaming experience. Joke's on us every year though.
  • Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    CrushNHL wrote: »
    Here is some news:

- Ever wanted to drive a school bus? With NHL's "True-Performance Skating" engine, you'll know exactly what it feels like. *
    - Defy physics and ignore checks with our state of the art "Invincibility-Bubble" technology (tm)
    - If you have NHL 16 or 17, then you already own NHL 18, you just haven't paid for it yet!
    - You know you want those HUT packs. Hut Packs. Hut Packs. Hut Packs. HUT PACKS. HUTTT PACCKKSSS.

* = Unless you have the puck, then you are free to make 90 degree cuts and invoke "Invincibily-Bubbles" (tm)

This is so true, it's almost sad how much rammer has destroyed this game. Needs a new direction, new leadership.
  • Pycnotic
    167 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    sgiz1 wrote: »

What doesn't the AI have trouble with? Clear lane to skate out from behind the net? nope board pin time! Easy pass to a winger for a breakout? nope reverse to the other d (who's covered by two guys) who can't turn in time to recieve the pass! Easy wrist shot at the point? Nope go to the backhand, much sneakier goalie will never see it coming!
  • Santini3 wrote: »

They do that because they are sick of the current year's problems that haven't been fixed, so they look forward to a better gaming experience. Joke's on us every year though.

This is also why ea breaks its game intentionally each year.

Creating artificial demand.